Aveyond Studios Community
Lindrah

Breathing Aian Air (Aveyond Fanart)

I was up too early and could'nt get back to sleep, so I decided to share two of my messy sketches with y'all :

Elini

435976Elinisketch2.jpg

'Cause AV1 girls just kick ass

801308DoodleAV1RESIZED.png

I'll try and do the guys version of my second sketch, but there's very little chance I'll post anything new before a couple of weeks (final exams soon).

Daevas in da house

131046DoodleDaevasresized.png

Below the daevas miniatures, are the faces of Saurva, Indra, Agas... and Rhen (I've no idea what she's doing here).

Kelloth

275290Kelloth.png

That's how I like to think Rhen would look like as a daeva (and yes, her head is partially shaved; haircut inspired by Dameon I guess).

The weird things attached to her temple are rawvyrns'-or ravwyrns'- feathers.

NB: Click for fullsize (it's always better fullsize).

PS: I'll always update on post #1 :)

Thanks for the nice comments Ari' and d_a !

As for Elini, I always liked the idea of her fierce/wild appearance clashing with her fancy talk and manners. That's basically this aspect of her personality I'm trying to capture when I draw her.

'Guess Elini being my favorite is the reason why I put so much more effort into her than the other girls.

:roll:

@d_a: After reading your remark about Rhen looking like Lightning I just HAD to look for a Lightning pic' on Google and compare the two girls ... And you're so right, lol. :D

Wow.

I really, really love the way you draw the lips; especially Elini's (in the first pic) which reminds me of A. Jolie's sort of. XD

And Mad Marge is sticking her tongue out...yes?

I seriously love pencil arts especially when the shading there >.<

Really loved the pics, Lindrah ;)

Thanks a lot, Mero' :)

Actually, Marge isn't sticking her tongue out, but rather sort of gritting her teeth (but I messed up her mouth so bad you can't even see the said teeth >.< ).

Must have forgotten to mention him, then. Sorry :S

daeva_agas wrote:

That's androgynous? He still looks manlier than the Agas I drew last year :P You know, the one painted on an old paper texture and wearing a furcoat in this post

Yeah, I must admit that this Agas REALLY is androgynous compared with mine xD

"Haircut inspired by Dameon"?

:laughing: LOLZ :laughing:

And that Saurva with stubble looks really sexy. ;)

Is there any Dameon you've drawn? I'm looking forward to it since (don't hate me but) I'm kind of a Dameon fan when everyone hates him T.T XD

I forgot to mention that the markings around Kelloth's eyes reminds me of my own Kelloth.

Who I still ship with Agas forever (Agas/Rhen is my AV1 OTP).

I can't post it here because it's suggestive (contains naked people, even though the private parts are covered by arms and stuff), so you can see it here.

@d_a: Indeed, we had the same idea for the markings under Kelloth's eyes and the scar on Agas' face (even though the scar I made is like a zillion times smaller :lol: ) !

@Meroko: LOL, don't worry, Dameon will soon enough feature in this gallery (apart from his weird-ass hairdo, I have nothing whatsoever against him) x).

Your Agas had a scar? :o *did not see it*

That was the outdated/canon-style Agas design anyway. My "official" Agas is the androgynous one with white hair, which is also my "d_a wrecks canon and doesn't care at all" version.

Yep, I noticed the Agas on the pic' looks like the first version you'd made of him (the one you posted on your AV-fanart gallery along with the two other Agas designs).

And yes, there's a scar on my Agas' face (very small and discreet, though) : it's the little scratch starting from his upper lip.

I have to say that I am really impressed with these art exhibits and such. I just wish that I could draw like this but alas I totally suck at art. Maybe when I get around to doing graphics for any games I might make I will have to come here to see about getting help.

@Lindrah: It's funny because it's BOTH old and new. It's a new rendition of my old design. The scar wasn't originally there. "Old Agas" is now the Agas I use when I feel like drawing canon and not my La-la-land :P I added the scar because hey, he's a demon warrior. Guy should have scars somewhere.

@d_a: I can totally relate to that need to sometimes stay close to canon when you write/draw fan stuff.

Always makes you feel better when you do crack stuff to know that it could actually fit into the official storyline, hahaha. :D

I added the scar because hey, he's a demon warrior. Guy should have scars somewhere.

I, for my part, like to think that elite demons like daevas have some kind of super-healinng or regenerative powers, and thus don't get scars easily. In my mind, the only thing that could permanently wound them would be holy spells or weapons infused with holy power. (Sorry, I'm a bit on a trip of my own, right now...)

@Bladezuez: Well, thank you! Not sure to be the most qualified person for games graphics designing but hey, I'm sure you can find help anywhere on the forum if you just ask. x)

For me I don't give my daevas super-healing. It's kinda overdoing it. My daevas are powerful, but their healing sucks unless they actually go out of their way to learn healing. I characterize them as having the idea that "offense is the best defense". Healing? What's that?

They're also not born super powerful. They ought to have scars from then. In my head even powerful healing magic only heal fresh wounds; they don't wipe out scars because scars ARE healed wounds and you can't heal something that is already healed :D

And plus, if you play the game their healing powers are actually kinda lame. You knock 4000 damage on them and they only heal like 500 :P I try to use as much canon material as I can get, LOL. The only thing straying from canon is probably me making Nanghaithya the best healer among the daevas just because he's the weakest daeva we had to fight in-game. In your party healers are usually the one who is the weakest.

(When daevas and/or Gyendal is brought up, I ramble like no tomorrow so don't you worry)

daeva_agas wrote:

(When daevas and/or Gyendal is brought up, I ramble like no tomorrow so don't you worry)

Completely normal to ramble and be nitpicking when your favorites are brought up, I totally understand that. xD

The thing is, my imagination has the bad habit of making villains (especially non-human creatures, i.e. demons) 'look' near-invincible, even if they're not. That usually adds to the 'fear factor', which I think is required for badass villains such as daevas.

You're right, scars ARE healed wounds (that's why I also mentionned the 'regeneration' skill).

Don't really know how to put this, but what I meant is that basically no blade nor magic can leave a mark on the daevas' bodies. No matter how much time it takes (hours or days), their skin will eventually grow back exactly as before.

A flawless skin for a guy/girl who must be hundred/thousand years-old and must have fought hundreds and hundreds of battles would actually scare me.

PS: Haha, you just reminded me how super weak their healing actually was in the game. XD

Meh, demons can wound other demons and I like scars, so I give my daevas scars.

Plus, scars actually look menacing. It's a knee-jerk reflex reaction, especially on creatures that look somewhat similar to humans. A humanoid being with no scars does not look scary at all. Not unless you stop, think, and ponder about it for a while or you already know that this being has been through so many battles. If you don't and you just look, your first thought would most likely be "Why, this enemy doesn't look scary at all!"

And if they're not human-looking, scars are irrelevant 'cause they're already scary anyway (like Aesma).

daeva_agas wrote:

Meh, demons can wound other demons and I like scars, so I give my daevas scars.

Plus, scars actually look menacing. It's a knee-jerk reflex reaction, especially on creatures that look somewhat similar to humans. A humanoid being with no scars does not look scary at all. Not unless you stop, think, and ponder about it for a while or you already know that this being has been through so many battles. If you don't and you just look, your first thought would most likely be "Why, this enemy doesn't look scary at all!"

And if they're not human-looking, scars are irrelevant 'cause they're already scary anyway (like Aesma).

Makes total sense. :0

Guess it's just me thinking too much xD