Aveyond Studios Community
Lindrah

Breathing Aian Air (Aveyond Fanart)

Yep, you definitely think too much (that's a good thing, though). xD

What I meant when I said I'm thinking too much is that I went so far when I thought of what could be fear-inducing about a daeva, that I completly neglected the "reflex" part (i.e. when you see huge scars all over your enemy's face), which is most of the time what fear sums up to.

Your reasoning makes much more sense: it's logical to be scared of a battle-scarred opponent. And just like you said, the logic behind why one should fear a "scar-less" deava is much less natural and would require to sit there and think it over thouroughly to reach that kind of conclusion.

In fact, what I had in mind when I imagined what kind of fear one might feel towards a human-looking daeva is more "subtle" than it normally should.

(/!\WARNING/!\: What you'll read from now on barely makes sense) .....................................................................................................................................

Once again, I don't know how to put this, but what I like to think is really frightening about that kind of daeva is not so much how menacing they look, but their 'demon(ic ?)' aura (the feeling that they're 'out of this world', if you like). You don't really see something to be scared about, you rather feel it. They may not 'look' that much scary (i.e. Agas, who is basically just a dude in a blue armor), but still you'll know the second you lay your eyes on them that you should be afraid.

It's a mystic, almost religious feeling; as I see daevas as some sort of "superior" beings (evil counterparts of archangels, close to the gods), I like to think that's the type of 'ancient' fear they strike into the mere mortal's heart. (off on one of my own, again... sorry)

I don't know why but, in their condition of super leet demons, I see scars as a sign of vulnerability, mortality. It's certainly not true, but that's how I see it:

*Daevas meet for the first time. They all jump in startlement at the sight of Agas's scar*

Saurva: Oh my Goddess, WTH is that?!

Aesma: Yeah man, did a priest go berserk on your face or smth ?

Agas *looking down at his feet in embarrasment*: N-nonono, it was... It was a mere human blade.

Tawrich: Wait. No light magic involved ? And you STILL have a mark?! When did that even happen? Last week?

Agas: *cough*twohundredyearsago?*COUGH*

*1mn silence in the room*

Tawrich *covering his mouth with his bony hand, devastated*: No waay...

Indra *looking at Agas with utter disdain*: I presently have no words strong enough to express my contempt for you.

Saurva and Aesma *trying their best not to burst out laughing... and failing*: HAHAHAHAAhahaHahaAha

Zarich: Lolz u suk

Agas: OTL ... *harakiri*

(WTH did I even write that?!)

:D lol. Nice. I like Aesma and Indra's reactions.

Lindrah and d_a, you guys keep me entertained with all these daeva things. The sad thing is, last night after skimming through this thread, I had daeva dreams :o Aveyond has invaded my mind.

Thanks you two XD

Lol. Let's say that it was a combined effort :P

If I could draw people, I would take a stab at the daevas. Gosh I wish I could draw people . . . You're such a good artist :)

Heh. I see your idea.

My daevas are over-powerful, god-moding beings too, but if they can regenerate/has no scars... that's overdoing it and bordering on turning into God Mode Mary Sue. I balance it out by bringing it down like WAY WAY DOWN. One, they're not supposed to abuse their powers and if they do they will get "divine retribution" or whatever (Aveyond 3 proves that even the demons worship the great goddess), and two, their powers don't work as well in human world. Only if they're powerful without their daeva status would they retain their menacing "presence" (aura?) in human world.

Beings normally only have that kind of "scary/powerful aura" when they're either flaunting on purpose or when they're just THAT powerful that they can't help but radiate the powerful presence. Those who are truly strong don't flaunt. They know they're strong so they don't need to intimidate. They just crush their enemy and move on. Only if they're by nature cocky morons do they flaunt and puff up and act big.

Also, I characterize them as "I don't care derp" because... they're subservient to Ahriman. If they're really godmode beings, they wouldn't serve him. Ahriman is not that powerful or scary. If they serve him, it probably means that Ahriman managed to dupe them. If they managed to get duped, it's either because they're dumb or careless. They're definitely not dumb, so that means they're careless.

But that's just me and my fanon godmode daevas. If I go by canon, which was what brought up this conversation to begin with, they're simply not that strong. Which is why Agas has that huge scar across his face. He's canon!Agas, i.e not exactly all that powerful.

And all this blah obviously only applies to Agas and Nanghaithya. Saurva and Indra are not fully human-looking, so they're already scary and disturbing and would cause the humans to be wary from the get-go.

(See? I think too much! I wonder if this is why people sometimes come up to me and compliment me for making Aveyond. My derp-fanon is probably almost as detailed as the real canon so maybe they thought I'm Amanda's alter-ego or part of the team at the very least.)

Oookay... Your fanon is, like, SUPER elaborate and respectful of the canon! It's like not a single detail has been left to chance (totally makes sense that people would mistake you for a staff member xD).

My own reflexion didn't go THAT far, unfortunately. I applied my vision of upper class powerful/scary demons to the daevas and kind of overlooked the details that would go against canon.

The regeneration thing is indeed a little May Sue-ish around the edges, even though I didn't really think of it as some sorta instant supreme-healing power like "Oh noes, you cut off my arm, but look! It's growing back RIGHT AWAY!" (I shouldn't even have used the word "super" to begin with). I based that skill on a simple principle: the deeper the wound, the longer it takes to regenerate, but it WILL regenerate eventually, no matter what (taking into account the fact that powerful magic is potentially more dangerous than a manufactured weapon and might take longer to fully heal, unless said weapon is wielded by a very strong human/demon/elf/whatever).

And since it sounded so OTT, I balanced it out with the holy spells/blessed weapons rule.

Their powers are also affected by the different environment of the human world, but they do retain their demon "auras".

I'm a bit confused about the role of the Goddess/Oracle in the official story, so she doesn't really enter the equation when I think of the daevas. x)

So, back to the aura/presence part: the kind of aura I had in mind is more related to the daevas' demonic nature than to their actual power (even though it still has a slight impact on the 'power' of their aura).

In short, every demon has an aura that's likely to be sensed by humans. The level of perception may vary from person to person (In my mind, demon summoners are higly sensitive to those auras, which allows them to spot demons from a distance) , but humans will inevitably feel unconfortable at the very least when around a demon.

Other than that, I agree with you about the Ahriman part: if he managed to dupe them, they've been either careless or stupid... Or brainwashed (maybe Ahriman's ability for mind-control magic was unparalleled in both human and demon realms? haha) ?

PS: And yes, all those rants we've been posting so far started from a matter that only concerns two deavas out of six... OTL

Your stuff is your stuff. I am just too nitpicky so I find regeneration, no matter how long it takes, is still overdoing it. Regeneration is something that some demons have, but it is a species thing so the only time a daeva can have regeneration is if they're a demon of that species.

I am a big canon stickler. Every time a new Aveyond comes out and provides me with new info, I update my nonsense-verse to fit with canon info, even though because I've ruined AV1 and everything that follows can just go out the window :P

And, well, my weird plot requires that human-like demons like Agas and Nanghaithya could pass as humans and NOBODY WOULD KNOW, so demons don't have any "aura". Only those with acute senses or special ability can sense demonic presence, but normal people can't. Most demons look like monsters anyway, so it's kinda easy to tell. I have another long story about why the current daeva group has a lot of humanoid members, but let's not go into that here. It's hardly relevant to Aveyond anymore anyway. My daeva history goes back to a long time before Ahriman and it's pretty much an original story already.

Re Ahriman brainwashing: For the daevas to not realize that Ahriman is trying to do something bad to them and beat him up before he even tries, it still means that they're careless. I mean, they're godmode beings. They should FEEL it if spells are being performed on them! (I have another long story for how Ahriman hoodwinked the daevas, but again, not the place).

In short, my daeva/general Demon Realm stuff is its own thing more or less. I could take it, claim it as my own original story, and it wouldn't even have any trace of Aveyond in it if you don't already hear me ramble about it in Aveyond context :S

Like you said my stuff is my stuff and your stuff is yours. But your own fanon-verse is like so detailed and elaborate I'd still be very interested in learning more avabout it (in a fanfic or something if you wrote/are writing one).

I tried. But then I'm a terrible writer and the story won't come out right so it's been dead for months.

Here are SOME of it:

- Mostly focused on Agas.

- Te'ijal and Gyendal

- Te'ijal and Gyendal's family

There's random rambles scattered all over the place and I don't really remember where I said what, but those are more or less the complete compilation of what needs to be said. The "aside" stuff I'm saving for some other time, in case I end up pulling it back to original again.

Lindrah, I'm making a game where Rhen joined Ahriman (with Amanda's permission of course) and I was wondering if I could use your drawing of Kelloth on the Soundcloud (which I happen to be Starting today).

If you could let me know soon, that would be great. Thanks!