Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sargon

How does Amaranth survive?

It's been some time since I played an Amaranth Game... since I switched to Linux, I've longed to play the game as they don't work in WINE... And I don't want to purchase a license

I like gaming on pcs, but I typically run into video card issues so that is not much fun. My son has a console, but I prefer pc. I have a kindle, but I wouldn't want to play rpgs on that. Too difficult it would be without a mouse. I love amaranth games, my type of games. RPG without being too complex is for me.

I am confused about this thread. I have a Playstation, a Wii and a PC and enjoy playing games on all 3. I play a variety of games from racing, shooters, skyrim-type open worlds, 2D rpgs and casual games. I don't see how making 2d rpgs on a PC could ever be a bad move. PCs will always be around, where consoles and phone fads come and go.

I also personally don't see the point in phones as games consoles as the screens are too small and the controls are too fiddly. Phones are for phoning, texting and checking emails.

I'm a long time Amaranthia fan. I played Rhen's Quest for the first time eight years ago (maybe nine? I don't remember) and I still love it. I've replayed it, rebought it with new computers, and have finished all of the Aveyond games so far. Really looking forward to number 4! Now I've decided to try Stargazer...these games are awesome. It's a little bit puzzle, a little bit action, a little bit strategy, a little bit of everything. Great storylines, great writing, a very captivating game. I can't get enough. Major props to Amanda and her crew!!!