Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hobgoblin2013

The ending (SPOILERS)

Just wanted to thank the developers for the great game and ask a question about the ending:

it says Ean and Iya remain in Vale and for a while it was a happy existence. But happy only "for a while" doesn't mean that later it will end in some sad way? I mean, will the characters have their "happily ever after" after the new adventures mentioned in the epilogue? It's really important for me to know, as I enjoyed the game very much, please could some of the developers reply?

By the way, this mention of new adventures suggests a sequel featuring the same characters?

It doesn't actually mean anything. It means there could have been some more problems, or they could have gone off on another adventure, or it could simply be leaving the way open for a new game featuring Ean and/or Iya and/or The Vale.

But how you were planning to finish it? Meaning, if no sequel was planned, what exactly would be the end after the new adventures mentioned in the epilogue? I mean, is it open for the player to decide or were you planning something specific?

I know it seems kind of weird on my part, I just wanted to be sure since I really liked the game and it would be quite sad if the happiness of the main characters was only temporary.

Finish it? It IS finished. Nothing else was or is planned. Maybe we'll continue their story one day, but you should assume we won't. You can fill in what comes next however you like to :)