Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
onica432

thoughts on aveyond games

couldn't quite think of a better title

but after replaying all the current Aveyond games like a thousand times over, some things still bother me or i find amusing,

like the king Lionel, in the first game we rescue him and bring him back to his people. yet in Aveyond 3 hes a statue again, i don't recall if hes in the 2nd but that brings up another thing. the elf village in the second game where the main 2 come from, are they related to the Rootwell and Ylisfar people?

also we saw the snow queen in the 1st 2 games but what about her husband the Mountain King? where is he in the second?

also Gavin, he exists in the first 2 games as well, and the thief (i cant remember his name) is in the prequel and the second. if i recall right both times he was turned to stone and the player healed him. could they both exist in the future too?

also something bothered me Haurvatat, the goddess of healing that supposedly founded Dircon when she was still mortal. she appears to Rhen and the group twice in the 1st game. very mysterious. i kinda wanna know more about her.

does anyone else remember anything neat? or somthing they want to know more about? i would love to hear some :)

I don't think the Snow Queen in AV2 is the same Snow Queen in AV1. The Snow Queen in AV2 is really Ishtar, the nymph of compassion, remember?

The thief's name is Jack, and he was only turned into stone in AV2. Since AV3 takes place 100 years later, he's most likely dead (although I guess he could have been turned to stone again).

i always assumed the snow queen and ishtar were one and the same. i always saw "the snow queen" as more of a title than a name. and as for jack for some reason i always felt he was likely to get in similar trouble again. he doesnt seem to learn easily.

oddly enough though likely impossible another thing i would like to see/ always thought would be awesome is a game in which even if only once rhen, ean, Iya, and mell meet up. i mean this is aveyond i wouldnt say time travel would be impossible. just unlikely.

of course the oracle has been around since the 1st game (and maybe the Ahriman's Prophecy? i cant recall) and seems to be immortal, while both talia and devin are immortal by the end of the 1st game. so i think they could return in a game someday too. ive always liked talia so i wouldnt mind that if it happened.

i used to wonder the same thing about the mountain king, but my answer was that maybe he was mortal.

i think the snow queen was ishtar in AV1 and AV2.

jack the thief was a street urchin in AV0 that helped our heros on their quest. sometime afterwards he was petrified into stone, and he stayed that way for hundreds of years until AV2. im sure after the adventure he could have gotten into more trouble and got petrified again. for a new adventure.

also im not sure if talia and devin were immortal. i bet if joining the priestesses guild made you immortal everyone would join.

I don't believe the Snow Queen was Ishtar. This is simply because, if you watch the prologue in the beginning, it is the Imp who finds her a Kingdom of Ice.

Also, Ishtar is on an Island WITH Thais on it. However, the Snow Queen was in the Northern Kingdom, a very different place :)

@ bacman, Talia isn't immortal because she became a priestess. She's immortal because the Oracle made her the Druid of Dreams, and Devin is immortal because the Oracle made him the Druid of the Sun. Druids are immortal, but regular priestesses aren't.

I don't think the Gavin in Av1 and AV2 were the same ones. And yes, witches and warlocks die. They're just regular humans with a weird taste that use magic. :P The exception being Heptitus who's a nymph.

That being said, just a little theory but maybe the Gavin in AV1 is related to the one in AV2, like for example his great-great-grandfather. Names going down the family line, could also explain the witch names which seem to be the same in every game. (That or they're just popular witch names, who knows?)

It's been too long since I played the games though.

Are these like, plot holes?... I kind of remembered playing a quest involving King Lionel, and he turned into stone..I think there are two ways to do that quest, well blimey I'm not sure, I haven't replayed aveyond1 in a long time.

Hello!

I just started up both Rhens Quest and Evans Quest (Again), I have not played Amaranth games for a long time now, but somehow I missed them, and I must say, they are just so good like I remember them, the story in both of them are the most interesting, heartbreaking and exiting that I ever played before, Amanda really have the stories 100% .

(Edit 19 of may)

Oh I just remember for having a happy ending that she become queen of Thais, Rhen have to marry that backstabbing good for nothing sunpriest… I remember when I first played that game, was (like I am now) sad about that! :cry:

Hello

It's been a few years I've played until Aveyond the last orb.

Please could someone sum up Aveyond 3 until the last orb please? I remember the hunt of pixies was tricky. Was Gyendal defeated in Gates of Night?

You can send me the sum- up in PM if you like.

Gyendal became human in GON, but he wasn't defeated. In TLO he escaped from prison with Lydia's help, Lydia crowned herself queen of Thais, the Orb of Death was located and destroyed, and at the very end Mel discovered she could use magic.

I'm a big fan of every single one of the Aveyond games! I even enjoy replaying them often :P

I am however pretty disappointed that making other games are more of a priority than making Aveyond 4. I see tons of news about everything else and hardly anything about something I've been waiting for for years...

But I mean it's okay, in your own time I guess. There a ton of Aveyond games I can play again in the mean time!

This has already been announced, guys:

Okay folks, here the current state of Aveyond 4. We've finally got a story we're happy with and a team to build the game. I (Amanda) will be acting as designer, but we've brought on someone who is very good at level & puzzle design to develop the game. Current goal = begin development in January.

After replaying some forgettable Aveyond games earlier this year... I feel like all stories are light weighted and have a decent amount character development throughout the gameplay but it doesn't mean I don't like the games at all, I'm just nitpicking.