Aveyond Studios Community
UnseenKingdom

Saying hello... with drawings! (Aveyond Fanart)

Hi all,

I'm Amy, lead artist from a new little game studio called "UnseenKingdom." As a long time fan of the Aveyond series, however, it just seemed so... wrong to not make my first post here a piece of fanart.

74kmr2eyq9v3ekqfg.jpg

Te'ijal loves her little crumpet~ Crumpet loves her too~ :awww:

I hope this gives a few smiles! (And I still hope it doesn't take these two too many more centuries to work out the rest of their differences^^;; )

Aww, thank you! It had been so quiet, I was afraid I'd managed to upset everyone by posting such a sentimental drawing of these two.^^

But I kind of get the feeling you're a Te'ijal fan, so if you like it, it must be OK^_^

OH! I checked out your gaming blog too. A lot of the games you had on it are old favorites of mine -- but a few of them I hadn't heard of before. I'm looking forward to trying them out!

Oh, my gosh! So many people came by to say hello, and I was off with my head down working on our game's new update. I'm sorry everyone^^;; I wish I would get some sort of a notice when there was a reply here... Maybe I missed an option somewhere?

Anyhow, hello^_^ I'm glad so many people have enjoyed my little drawing. I'm trying to fit in doing some more fanart to post on our Facebook, so I'll try to do another drawing from this series soon! 

@Moonpeace A drawing for Aveyond 2, right? That was actually my first Aveyond game! It would be fun to draw something from it. I tried Ahriman's Prophecy, but was so bad at it that I couldn't really get a feel for the game or it's characters/story^^ So I think 2 will be easier to draw from^_^;;

@SilverDragon Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it^_^ I'd like to get to do more drawings too. We're starting production on our next game, so my time is going to be pretty divided. But I want to make time for drawing, whatever that requires.

I hope you're getting to keep up with your drawing too! It's hard to make time for those sorts of things, but it's a good thing to do too. Especially if it makes you happy, you know?

@Pit-Face Lol, they're kind of a neat couple of characters, aren't they? Here's to wishing them their happily ever after^-^

@LHMH2015 It takes a little bit of study and a whole lot of practice to learn to draw. More than anything though, I think it just takes time. 

@BlackPrincess Oh, how did I draw these two in particular? Well, I often do the thumbnail for a drawing on paper, then place it on my tablet, trace it, resize, then do cleanups from there. I think this drawing was done entirely on my computer though.

I didn't use any reference for the pose after all, but I did spend a lot of time trying to find references for the character designs. There's a surprising range of interpretations, given the alternative sprite sheets that were developed for them. I think I ended up going with something a bit down the middle. In the end, I'm glad if it looks and feels true to both characters^_^

The coloring technique I used is pretty close to the one I developed for our game, Artisan. I guess by now it's pretty ingrained into me^^;;

I hope that answers everybody's questions, and I hope to have another drawing done for you guys here soon!

Thanks for stopping by^_^

I wish I would get some sort of a notice when there was a reply here... Maybe I missed an option somewhere?

If you want to get notifications, just follow the topic. Then the notices will appear in your gmail. Hope this help you. :)

There's a follow option? Follow... follow.... follow...  Oh my gosh -- There it is! (Clearly I need more practice with forums^^)

Thanks for the info, LHMH2015! It's really a huge help^_^ Hmm... I wonder, do you have a nickname you use here? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to pronounce "LHMH", so I've been reading it as "Lem". Is that close to right?

@Specter Oh, what a good idea! I'm terrible at typing on my phone, so I don't know if I'd be able to reply until I get home. But it sure would be a great way to keep in the loop, even when you're out for the day^_^ 

Also, I'm super glad you enjoyed the drawing tooXD

Sorry for the delay everyone -- I just wanted to add a couple of touches to my new pic so I could post everything together. And then I lost track of time^^;; Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new drawing!

7dmdcegpiu34qbd6g.jpg

It's fun to think of Iya and Ean's life before their adventure started. I don't think Ean was known for being a musician, or being particularly interested in music at all. But learning to be a great singer was so important to Iya, and he's her best friend. The idea that he would learn to play the scales at least, and a few cords, just so she would feel more confident in her singing practice, that thought really made me smile~

@LHMH2015   I like the name "Lem" a lot, so I'm glad you thought it was a pretty good nickname:D (I certainly would never consider a nickname for someone if I didn't think it was a really cool name!) But if everybody calls you LH, and it's a name you like, then I'm happy to use "LH" too^_^

I love your art style!!! It's just so peaceful and warm. And I love fans drawing fanarts and making little twists to them without ruining the chemistry. ^_^

And you guys can call me whatever you like, Lem, LH, LHMH,...

I absolutely adore your drawing of Iya and Ean! There isn't enough Aveyond 2 fan art out there, and you did brilliantly. The headcanon really complements the drawing, I think.

Aww, thanks everyone^_^  It's helpful, I think, to have a thought behind a drawing when you start it, so I'm really glad if my "headcanon" added to the piece rather than take away from it.

Oh!! And they're finally showing character previews for Aveyond 4! Maybe I'll be able to do a drawing for it soon, huh? That would be fun~