Everguard - The Master of Souls

Everguard Studios Presents...

The Master of Souls

Acts I, II, and III
ImageMOS_TitleScreenTG.png
Download Here!
Synopsis:
Act 1: The Gathering

Fifty years after the defeat of the tyrant god, Set, the world of Rie rests in a state of idle peace. However, things are not as peaceful as they seem. A man who calls himself the Master of Souls has made a bargain with a demon lord Eivion - one thousand human souls in exchange for demonic immortality and overwhelming power. This prophecy has set itself in motion, ticking down soul by soul. Now the end is near. And where are the only six people in the world who have the capability to stop the Master of Souls before the world is lost forever? They are each being slowly lured to the CIty of Tar' Jahri, where they will be gathered together unaware of their fates.

Join Aeon and his allies and enemies as they head toward Tar' Jahri, with one question tugging on the back of their minds

Who or what is the Master of Souls?

Act 2: The Suffering

The Master of Souls has begun to capture the world of Rie. Slowly, but surely, the great nations of the world have fallen to him: The frozen kingdom of Ineldal; the Faerie Land of Lenria, the desert city of Septia, and the jungles of Tar' Jahri have all been destroyed, now all that stands in his path to destroy the Gods themselves is the capital city of Pendonia. And where are the heroes who are destined to stop him? They are desperately searching for an escape from the underworld.

Help Aeon and his band of adventurers escape from the underworld, even when faced with terrible perils such as a plague of Basalisks, a cursed orb of power, and an ancient sorcerer, bent on destroying mortals.

Act 3: The Ending
After an impossible escape from their prison, Aeon and his allies return to the surface world only to find their homes in ruin. Thrusen's devastating war has consumed nearly all the kingdoms of Rie leaving a small rebel army in Pendonia. The time has come for the chosen ones to start fighting back. Will the heroes free the world's kingdoms and topple this dictator, or will the world fall to darkness in his evil grip?

Play as Aeon, Lidya, Christina, and many others in the final chapter of their adventure as they fight against the world itself to liberate millions of innocent people. But just what is the Master of Souls' final plan? And is it too late to stop him?

Features
- 30+ hours of gameplay
- Mouse and Keyboard control systems
- Goodies and Easter Eggs hidden in the game
- Multiple Endings
- A variety of characters to explore and use
- Roughly 50 sidequests in addition to a main storyline
- Siege warfare and strategic minigames
- Several custom songs in the soundtrack

Main Characters
Meet Aeon:
A young geomancer from the Dalthornian mainland summoned to Tar' Jahri by a strange dream and the lure of the prophesy. His love for his brother and his friends is put to the ultimate test as his world crumbles around him and he becomes destined to save it. While not always the most intelligent soldier, Aeon's desire to protect his friends will carry him through to the bitter end.

width=360http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/2577/screenshots/ImageMOSTS_CaveBlock.png[/img]
Aeon sometimes likes to point out the obvious

Meet Lidya:
Young, brash, and aggressively in love with her local knight, Lidya is lone wolf huntress who only looks out for herself. When she arrives at Tar' Jahri and everything she knows is turned around on its head, she learns quickly to trust her friends who have her back, and to beat up those who don't. With her bow in one hand and her enemy's throat in the other, her aggressive hands on approach to saving the world never fails to get the job done and give her friends a reason to keep their distance.

width=360http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/2577/screenshots/ImageMOSTE_Dragons.png[/img]
Lidya gets a little mad when people don't tell her things...

Meet Christina:
Christina was a shy and intelligent priestess in training from the Church of Rie when the murder of her mother and the dark prophesy force her into a world of danger and death. With her healing magic and newfound friends by her side, she will find the courage to save her friends and defeat the Master of Souls. She may even find something more than friends with Aeon.

width=360http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/2577/screenshots/ImageMOSTE_BossFight2.png[/img]
Christina saves the party with her shields as usual

width=360http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/2577/screenshots/ImageMOSTE_Septia.png[/img]
Liberate the cities of the world

width=360http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/2577/screenshots/ImageMOSTE_Jungle.png[/img]
Explore a variety of mysterious lands

Join Aeon, Lidya, Christina, and a number of other characters as they explore the world, liberate its people, and take down an evil emperor.

Edited by tiniponi
to make link clickable

this game looks superb!! I love the cool colours and graphics!! :D

the battle scenes are also similar to that of Aveyond's!! :)

I'll be sure to try this when I'm not,drowning in studies...*sigh*

Really enjoying this game but I need the code for Thrusen to advance. Anyone else playing?

NM, figured it out. Now stuck trying to get past Needlehole Mt to get Elliott's key. Anyone get that far yet?

I downloaded the Act III patch and chose save instead of run. I got an icon and after I clicked on the icon, I got the same thing - a folder named "Master of Souls-The Ending, which had an Audio folder and six files:

Game

RGSS102.dll

Setup

Game

Game.rgssad

RTP_Standard_102

The file titled "Game" with a purple icon should load the game. The other files and the audio folder are required for the game to load. If you want, you can drag the icon to the desktop to create a shortcut or rename the file, however no shortcut is automatically created - only the folder holding the game file is opened upon downloading.

Are you running this on windows or a mac? Which version are you running? Only certain versions are compatible with the game. Do you get any error when you load the game? If so it is possible you're lacking a file (you'd have to decompress and run the file titled "RTP_Standard_102".

I'm running it on a Windows XP laptop and I haven't had problems with any other game. I tried to open the RTP_Standard_102 file and it looked like a bunch of Chinese characters. No errors when loading the game.

im stuck i need the answer to enter the cave. im playing Thrusen. theres a pole with a question on it.

EDIT: okay-now i cant even play the game anymore. it says that it need some file, and its always something else. ive downloaded it again, but it wont work?

okay i got it to work. but i dont know what to do now. ive helped the elf boy killing withces and ive killed damien. where do i go now?

Escaping the underworld is the end of Act II. If you've downloaded the full three act game, it should continue after this. If not, you need to download the third act and copy / paste your save file into that game in order to access it. I'm glad you figured out the initial problems you had without my help! I'm not sure what the missing file issue was, but I'm glad it sorted itself out. If this problem happens again, can you send me a screenshot of the error? I wouldn't be able to help unless I knew what the error was.

What I've played so far is quite enjoyable, can't wait to get to the juicy parts where good and evil will clash. :D

Just a notice beforehand: The game I donwloaded says it needs RGSS104E.dll and there's only RGSS102E.dll. It's not really a big deal to download it somewhere else though you might want to put it in since not everyone knows where to find it.

Minor spoilers (Just some ramblings of mine about the game):

Act I

Especially that Pete's Poison really is useful and does pretty much work all of the time and even on bosses. There wasn't much of a story in the first act so I'm looking forward to the second act. Overall the fights aren't that hard though there are quite a lot and you start out with really low stats, I don't mind much leveling up though. Sometimes I think there might be some more text. Like when Aeon and Pete go into that lower level cave and there are dead corpses everywhere they might have wondered about that before the meet the dog. I tried hard to get an action when clicking on the corpses and thought it was a bug at first. xD And I wasn't quite sure if what to do sometimes. So yeah you have some quests when you get into the first town but I'm not sure if I found them all (only did the kobold one and thief thingy).  And even though I've killed that Dark Fairie Lady I didn't get acces through the trees at the first cave when you step outside the town. Is that intended or did I miss sth? One last thing I found kinda strange, so even though Pete is like 14 I think it was but looks and rather acts like a little child I just couldn't let thim join the assasin guild, he's just too adorable for being a cold blooded assasin. ^^' One last question on Act I, does Pete's steal skill even work? It always says that 0 GP could be stolen no matter how often I tried...

Act II

Here I first noticed that all the inventory from Act I can be used so Daniel has like really good armor and weapons at the start, I'm not quite sure if you intended that since you also put in chests with armor at the start. I found it kind of hard to play with Lydia and Daniel at the beginning because they had really low stats and pretty much no skills but the monsters were quite formidable compared to Act I. There's no much story here too, I guess that's just the way it is hehe. Lydia is kinda hard to believe with being madly in love with Daniel when they just met but it's really funny since I feel like it kinda contradicts her usual tomboyish character. And I really like how Daniel is so often cut off when he starts his long speeches about being the hero and stuff. xD

Act III

Oh, so I get to play the evil ones too, that's nice. :D And low stats again yay. xD Maybe some stronger monsters would really help in leveling up since Hazal nuked me pretty well the first times I tried but with level 5 I got the necessary spells. I didn't get very far yet so that's it for now.

Edited by ayne

Really enjoying this game but I need the code for Thrusen to advance. Anyone else playing?

NM, figured it out. Now stuck trying to get past Needlehole Mt to get Elliott's key. Anyone get that far yet?

Hi. Any chance you can let me have the code please. Been stuck on this for ages now? Cheers

I'm stuck trying to defeat Atlas.  I've beat him like three times, but I can't seem to advance.  It's the same for the two witches.  Am I forgetting to do something before those battles.  I've judged the contest, helped Madame Cura, and the Elf boy.  Am I missing anything else?  Thanks.

I am at the cave entrance with Thrusen and am trying to enter the number and it will not take it.  I keep getting "The words disappear".  PLEASE HELP.

TY

n

** Edited - Figured out what I did wrong.  I was erasing ALL the fields after the code. 

Guest feyone2

I'm with Thursen and he's beaten Ealliot and I don't know where I'm to go now. Can someone help please? :unsure:

I have been to the exit from the Elves forest but its still blocked.

Guest feyone2

I tried to go through the gate to the ferry but it's still locked - I think I have to fight the Black Hole, Neko and Axel.

Can you remember anything else Nyx? Is it possible to email Everguard with the question as there's nothing extra in the journel. Thanks