Aveyond Studios Community
Specter

AK Android App

The Aveyond Kingdom app for Android is official and is open for download. It's live on Play Store now! Follow updates from Amaranth Games and get sneak peaks into new games with the forums!

en_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

Google Play Link

(Courtesy to Navineo India)

You can also download the old apk here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxvz3wbxE2UXTTdwX05yMUR0WjA/view?usp=sharing

UPDATE(13/4/2015): Some development may continue as a result of increasing interest :)

OLD: From 25 February 2015, we have discontinued development due to a variety of issues. There are no plans yet to resume anytime soon. Users may continue using the app, but future updates as for now, are unlikely. Thanks to all who tried it out.

Hi Everyone!

We have updated the Amaranthia Android app to run with the new site. Users please update immediately. If you have and android phone, be sure to check it out.

Download from the link at the top of the page.

Cheers!

Aveyond Kingdom Android App V3 has been released! And it's a major overhaul. Post from the app itself now! If you have an android, you've been missing a lot!

Download link (Also at top of page):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxvz3wbxE2UXWUxfbDdBdV9Ga3hYaGlZVTBVSlVYZGZnODdR/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom

Ok... If it comes on gplay anytime, please PM me! Your work look promising.

By the way, I love the new site though the mobile theme is a bit too plain. I used to follow Amaranthia now and then back before 2010, but I never signed up. As a matter of fact, this is my first ever forum :)

Hello! I tried this out on a friend's phone, and it is really awesome. However, can you please improve the following:

1) Facebook images are a bit unclear.

2) I cannot view user's profile easily from forum. I have to press three dot button and then only I can do it. Also, it always shows "you are not permitted to view user profiles"

3) The screenshot you put shows Subscribed and Participated. How do I enable these options?

4) Signature of forum users is not displayed.

5) It will be good if you created a section to browse games.

Besides these, it is really cool. I had no idea before about the existence of an Aveyond wiki! Good work!

Hello! I tried this out on a friend's phone, and it is really awesome. However, can you please improve the following:

1) Facebook images are a bit unclear.

2) I cannot view user's profile easily from forum. I have to press three dot button and then only I can do it. Also, it always shows "you are not permitted to view user profiles"

3) The screenshot you put shows Subscribed and Participated. How do I enable these options?

4) Signature of forum users is not displayed.

5) It will be good if you created a section to browse games.

Besides these, it is really cool. I had no idea before about the existence of an Aveyond wiki! Good work!

Dear Halliday, thanks for trying out the app. I've tried to answer some of your questions here:

1) It's a Facebook related issue server side issue. We are trying to find a fix. Facebook's RSS feeds have low res images in them.

2) That is strange. Were you logged in? If not, then you are not allowed to view profile by the site policy. Also, you can view profile by pressing the avatar of the user. If you experience this issue when logged in, please send me a screenshot.

3) These options too should appear after logging in.

4) This is just like the mobile site. The signature takes up too much of space and doesn't fit properly.

5) We are thinking about such a feature, though it would require some hosted pages on the site. In fact, we were also thinking about a chat feature!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Short Answer:

It's not paying off.

Long Answer:

There are many issues. Working on this takes up a lot of time, and the returns are not enough. Also, the number of people using the app is not very encouraging. Partially, the reason is that it is not on play store, but that can't be helped. A Google Play Developer account needs $25, which we cannot afford (Don't even have a credit card). The other reason is that no matter if you pretend not, but the site doesn't have as many visitors as it used to a few years back. We can't continue to invest time and energy if it is not generating enough interest and (potentially) revenue.

Our users lately have increased quite well than before. The result: We don't want to disappoint them :)

Latest V3.2 is up! Check out the link at the top of the first page!

I would like to use it, but I am too worried to use an app that is not on Google Play as it's less safe...

You mentioned before that you don't want to add it to Google Play because of the developer fee? Is it worth while now? I think you will get a lot more downloads if it was on Google Play.

On the other hand, maybe it's still in Beta or Alpha and you don't want to release it to the public yet... but even then you could use a Beta version in Google Play.

I know many users would be prevented due to this, but I have no solution. In fact, I don't even have a credit card to pay the developer fees and anyway, I can't invest that much right now for a single app unless I'm sure about the returns. I was actually hoping some bigger developer would be kind enough to publish it, like some offered, but none actually did it.

I've been using this since some time now and I can say it's really capable and fast, even on my old device :) Keep the updates coming!

Sent from my Xperia U using Aveyond Kingdom

Sounds great, though I never really bother installing untrusted apks (My phone is rooted, so who cares :P) Hope you can keep adding functionality!

Sent from my Xperia U using Aveyond Kingdom