Aveyond Studios Community
Amaranth

Report Anti-Virus Problems Here

Hi everyone, some virus protection programs have incorrectly added our games to their virus list. This is due to the 1-hour trial we attach to our games. You'll know if your anti-virus software added your game to the list because your game will suddenly be gone from your computer.

If you have Windows Defender, follow these steps to exclude our games:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

To tackle the problem, I need anyone who has a problem with their anti-virus and one of our games to list the following things in this thread:

1) Anti-virus name
2) Anti-virus version
3) Game that anti-virus deleted
4) Date when the deletion occurred

I have Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security.  I cannot find a version.  It keeps deleting Asteria.  It deleted on 12/28, so I tried downloading build D today and it deleted it again immediately.  I have already paid for the game.  Can you help?

As you may know, "anti-virus" products use binary-execution heuristics to determine if is a product is “infected” with a virus… as with most heuristics, they’re not perfect… and the behavior you’re describing is representative of many we’ve seen. 

To address this issue, you will want to either place our game in the "exclusions" list so it is no longer errantly flagged, or review alternative "anti-virus" products (such as this free one from Microsoft) which do not have this error.

Once this is done, you can either re-install over the top of your current installation… or, if you’re “PC Savvy”, you can simply copy the “Quarantined” file to the game path and re-launch the game.

I would also encourage you to not trust me and contact your "anti-virus" product vendor for verification along with a heuristic database updated with our game removed from their list, as the more that complain, the greater the chances are that this heuristic will be fixed.

With Norton it sometimes works to add Amaranthia back to the safe site list.  If you see it disappear you can find it in quarantine from the home page and readd the program.

1) Avast
2) The free version
3) Midnight's Blessing
4) May 5 or 6, 2015

I keep getting the following warning: 

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert
  This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: Suspicious#asprotect (Trojan)

Every time I try to download it starts then stops at about 1 gig and then say 'Download Failed'. If I try to download again the above alert comes up. Please help peeps!!

Also, I have Windows 8

Actually I guess it was just my rackety free internet at my apartment, because I connected somewhere else and it downloaded just fine. Maybe that'll help some of the other posters?? If not, I hope you guys get help getting it figured out soon.

If anyone is concerned about placing anything into their "Anti-Virus" exclusions list... I would encourage their use of this site:

https://www.virustotal.com

You can also use the site to verify that we're not up to any "Funny Business" as a web site as well.

My computer crashed and I wanted to replace my lost games,  Both Aveyond 2 (Rhen's Quest) and Midnight Blessing would not download.  Both games stated that the files were corrupt and unreadable.  I would love to get these games back and apparently could not even purchase them again if I wanted to.  I had no problem when I downloaded Windchild.

Norton antivirus through Xfinity and am running Windows 10

Bitdefender

Bitdefender total security 2016

Stargazer

February 5th, 2016, it won't even download the game on my computer, putting antivirus on permissive (no alerts) doesn't help

Nvm, found another blasted off switch in antivirus controls, managed to download and put it under exclusions. It works now.

Edited by Mayflower

1) Webroot

2) Verion unknown

3) Edolie and Nexus of Souls

4) Edolie 10/11/14 purchased the game and CD, but have never been able to play it.  

Nexus of Souls 8/17

Hello all =)

1  Kapersky

2 Bought it 3 weeks ago

3 The Lost Orb, Aveyond 3-3

4 Today the 14th of July 2018

It says there is a trojan virus in the program. But it ends up saying there is a file that doesn't match windows in the program... it's just nonsense.

I had planned to disable Kapersky for this game! :p Then I read everything and it seems we are sharing the same feeling. Not sure how I am going to do this though.

Have a wonderful day everyone :-)

Hello 🙂

Soo I have tried everything and it doesn't work. My antivirus keeps on saying there is TROJAN-RANSOM.WIN32.BLOCKER in the application of the Lost Orb. It seems it has been discovered back in 2015 and its description is

After Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker is installed on a computer, this Trojan adds itself to the computer’s startup routine and blocks the operating system from loading normally. When the operating system is started, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker takes control of the computer and displays a window asking the user to send an SMS message with special text to the indicated short number. In return, the window states, the user will receive a code for deactivating the malware and unlocking access to the computer.

The only option I have is to delete or to block the Lost Orb...

I have disabled Kapersky to play The Lost Orb but I had issues with my internet connexion so I have enabled it. But no Lost Orb anymore.

Could you please make sure on your side that there is not such a file in the application so that I can call Clients' service for this issue?

Thank you and thank to answer me because I'm feeling like being alone here 😛

Great day everyone 🙂

Edit : So I have deleted The Lost Orb and my anti virus has started a desinfection. Kapersky says there are two trojan 

Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker  in the game

and

PDM Trojan.Win32.Bazon.a in the download

Guys I have always trusted you and your web site and I love your games. And I hope we could sort this out because I really want to play the lost orb. I am starting the last part (the prophecy) without my saved game from TLO snifff 😛

Trojan is one of the worst viruses there is, but I don't know of any other case when any Amaranth game from downloaded directly from this site had any virus. Either another website or download randomly chose a folder to store Trojan or you have a pirated version.

Hi! Today, for the first time, I received a virus message for the game Aveyond Gates of Night (my favorite). I purchased the game last year from BMT on a CD. Windows Defender is telling me that there is a trojan:Win32/Bitrep.B in the game. In the program Files, Aveyond-Gates of Night.exe. Also, Aveyond III-Gates of Night. Ink. I have unistalled the game and plan to install it again if everything is safe. I'll scan th files of the game before installing it!

Had some issue of trojan with Aveyond 2, also on CD in the past. I change  the CD, and I don't have the message anymore... 😮

I made some researches. Some people say that it can be a false positive made by the anta virus program. I have update my anta virus lately. I don't have a lot of experience with Windows Defender, I was used to Bitdefender!

I redownloaded the game from the site, scanned and launched the game. Everything is fine for the moment!

But they say that we have to be careful too… Sometime hackers use that kind of thing to put real malicious programs...

Here I am, probably wildly behind the times, but I'm having issues installing AV2, 3-1, and I assume 3-2, 3-3, and 3-4. I love and trust you guys, but I still want to make sure that it's a false positive XD

1) Anti-virus name: Windows Defender
2) Anti-virus version Windows 10 (definition version 1.317.220.0)
3) Game that anti-virus deleted: I quarantined instead of removing, but it flagged AV2 and AV3.1, so I expect issues with all part of AV3.
4) Date when the deletion (flag) occurred: today is May 29, 2020.

Mine is also flagging as a Trojan:Win32/Bitrep.B. I installed the game, told it to open when the installation was complete, just about go to the "enter key" screen, and Windows Defender started shouting and waving its arms. I also submitted reports to Microsoft that I believed it to be a false positive, so we can hope that maybe they'll update the definitions?

1) Windows Defender

2) Windows 10 Antivirus Version: 1.317.239.0

3) Aveyond 2: Ean's Quest

4) May 30, 2020

Same as the post above, my copy flagged as a Trojan:Win32/Bitrep.B.  I downloaded and installed AV1 and AV2 at the same time, but only the latter was flagged.

1) Anti-virus name: Windows Security (Seems Windows Defender got renamed to this.)
2) Anti-virus version: 1.319.1003.0 (OS: Windows 10 version 1909)
3) Game that anti-virus deleted: Aveyond II - Ean's Quest\Aveyond 2\Aveyond2.exe (Didn't try any other games.)
4) Date when the deletion occurred: July 8th, 2020