Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
KTC

General Game Discussion

Game discussion thread since the last thread seem to have disappeared with the revamp and none of the games I'd like to talk about are mine so it wouldn't fit in the Free Games section of the forum.

Anyone played good games, want to discuss one, or rage over bad ones?

Recent games I've played have that actually rewoken my interest in rpg maker games:

Misao, Witch's House, Mad Father, Ib. (All are free and available here)

Before those games, I didn't think it was possible for someone to create a good horror game from rpg makers. Boy was I wrong. They all have solid storyline, creepy athmosphere, lots of scares, and Witch's House in particular scared me badly.

I don't want to give spoilers away so I'll just discuss my impression of them after playing through them.

Misao: More humorous than the rest (developer even says it's reminiscent of B horror films), still had plenty of good scares and storyline.

Ib: Graphics are on the weak side even for an rpg2k game, but filled to the brim with monsters, puzzles, scares, and storyline.

Mad Father: Ho boy, story is filled with many twists. Scary, puzzles, and monsters! Good audio and atmosphere. Love it.

Witch's House: This game is my favorite of them all. While playing, I became increasingly paranoid and twitchy due to literally everything is trying to kill you. The sound, music, mapping, etc. were all great to create a sufficiently scary and creepy atmosphere. The storyline is also awesome and I actually froze in place with my jaw to the floor at certain revelations. This game is somewhere in my top X list. 

I recommend playing these games with headphones, alone, and all lights turned out. Helps with the experience greatly.

Omg I remembered the Witch's House, I was searching for a RPG game and I see a quick play through of it. And when I saw the bear squished the girl, I went screaming and go to my sister.  :lol:

I've only played The Witch's House out of those, but I've seen LPs of all of them. And yup, my favourite is TWH as well :) I didn't get the true ending when I played it, so when I watched an LP that had the true ending... I screamed. :(

Though Mad Father is a close second. (Then again MF is actually Wolf RPG Editor and not a RPG maker.)

I've recentely played The Last Door games, which are pixel point and click horror/thriller games. It sure made me uncomfortable and had me jump from my seat quite a few times. (It's not an RM game though but still worth checking ;) )

Last summer there was a large contest (IGMC) over at RMW, which has given us lots and lots of amazing games. My favourite one had to be Little Briar Rose, which is a beautiful point and click game made with Ace.

LOL the last time I played an RPG Maker game was about a year ago, I guess, with To the Moon by Reives (Kan Gao). It's more of an interactive story, and I think many would still enjoy it. :D

Since one of my friends makes visual novels, I suddenly began playing some of them and became the frequent thing for us to discuss. Most of them can be found at the Winter Wolves Games website; those I've played so far were worth the purchase.

Other than these, I've been preoccupied with playing Persona 3 and 4, as well as the Tales Series. I couldn't contain my hype when I realized Persona 5, Final Fantasy 15, and Tales of Zestiria are getting released this year. I mean, WOW. I wonder if my wallet's gonna handle it all lol

Well, Aveyond is my 1st RPG. I've playd so many games. Actually since I was 4 years comp was my bff XD. I've played Diner Dash, Wedding Dash, Hotel Dash, Plant Tycoon, Virtual Villager, Virtual Farm, Virtual Families, Burger Shop, Cake Mania, Delicious Deluxe, Ashton's Family Resort. Avenue Flo was my fav. I can't decide if its a RPG. Coz its nt like the othr RPGs. Well I do play Flo's role. Bt its really fun. Its filld wth mysteries, puzzles n mini games ^^

Anyone played Battle for Wesnoth or Golden Sun? I found these games really awesome, especially BFW, that's FOSS. Others I liked include 2048 in puzzles, IGI in shooters (I hate CS) and Knight Blade in RPGs.

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom

After Ahriman Prophecy and the Aveyond series, I managed to play Laxius Power and... one other RPG of similar kind. I have forgotten what it's called.

Spoilers for the game of which title I have forgotten:

It has a red-haired protagonist and a beast / animal comrade. Towards the end of the game, plot twist! the beast died falling into a pool of lava... so there goes all my best weapons and armors, and the girl turned out to be a spy for the bad guys.

Other then these, I played mainly PS games.

I absolutely adore Dishonored. You can play it in two ways: 1. kill / eliminate every moving creature you see, or 2. adopt a stealthier method. The different endings (of high chaos) all gave me a mini heart attack. Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are awesome too.

Assassin Creed is slightly similar to Dishonored. The difference is that, here, you are not faced with the consequences of killing indiscrimately. While playing the series I sort of feel like traveling to places I can only dream of traveling in my lifetime.

Dark Soul: how on earth are you supposed to play it? I got killed every 1 minute. O.o

Other PS / PC games I have played so far: Elder Scroll Series (Morrowin and Skyrim), InFamous, Final Fantansy, Silent Hill. :)

At the game store, I don't know why but the store owner kept on introducing me cute! colorful! happy! games while clearly I was browsing through games like The Last of Us and Far Cry. lol

At the game store, I don't know why but the store owner kept on introducing me cute! colorful! happy! games while clearly I was browsing through games like The Last of Us and Far Cry. lol

XD XD XD

Something similar happened to me when I was a kid and went to the shop. The guy kept telling me to go to the kids sections, which had barbie everywhere o_O

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom