Aveyond Studios Community
Specter

Ban the person above you

Banned because I just google Once Upon A Time torrent with the number of the season and the number of the episode and go the torrent site and click the archy thingy and I think that's how you download it.

Banned cause:

1) That's illegal.

2) I don't have a TV, so I don't have star world!

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom

Banned cause I have worked in cyber law and security, so I assure you that it is illegal.

Don't worry though, because the mechanism is a bit more complex. When you download something using bitorrent, you become a part of a P2P network. This means that when it looks like you are downloading, actually it is different. When you download something from a server (eg. from Aveyond.com) your PC accesses the server and downloads the file. When you are using torrents, actually the other person, who already has the movie will access your PC and put the file there. This is a lot different. More blame lies on the other person for illegal distribution. But now suppose you have downloaded the full movie. The next time someone else downloads it, your PC will access that person's PC and put the file there. So now you are at blame!

However, it is almost impossible to stop this so there isn't much reason for worry. For example, frozen has been downloaded 30 million times illegally. You wouldn't expect so many people to be arrested any time soon, would you?