Aveyond Studios Community
Rich_Wind18

Anime Reviews

Well there are Otaku fans here, and I'm one of them  ^_^

Anyways you could discuss any Anime here  ;)

Well if you ask my favorite anime, that would be Beelzebub, it's very cool! like literaly. Vocaloid isn't bad too, and also Bleach

Speaking of which, the Clubhouse section under Village Square (ref: old site) didn't get carried over to this new one...O3O

Anyways, otaku here! :3

Currently too busy to watch since uni's opened just a few days ago...so any new anime of the season to recommend?
"The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls" is the only anime I've been following for this season (Watched all of its prequels and loved it)

I liked 2 watch animes bt the last 1 I saw was mre like 3+ years ago...as d cable operator changed 'ANIMAX' :'(...nw I dnt knw whr can I find animes....oh I did saw 1! My friend gave me d whole epi of 'Death Note' (mayb vry old)! I luvd it bt could watch only 5 epis as my father deleted it....n evn it got deleted frm my friends comp bcoz of a virus....so can any1 tell me whr I can watch thm?

I face the same problem.....my stupid cable operator deactivated ANIMAX too,a few months back,even though the channel was in high demand........

my favourite anime would definitely be Naruto,though I watched very little of it.......I absolutely adore Sasuke...*sighs* :wub:

I couldn't bring myself to watch anime... usually... cause the voices for each characters are so different from what I imagine them to be (I read the manga first before I decide to watch the anime). That besides, a female voice actor for a male character? No, please~~ Sometimes, a fanmade version is better then the original... for example, Monster. Though I don't unserstand the language, the voice actors are far better.

And I think there isn't a need for filler episodes. >_<

On the good side, I do like some of the opening and ending themes: Claymore, Attack on Titans, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Trinity Blood, Diabolik Lovers... just to name a few which I remembered.

I don't watch much anime, since I usually prefer to read manga instead. There are a couple I've seen/enjoyed, though. Chobits, which I picked up after reading the manga. A little more to the cute, but there are times where that's all you're looking for, right?

Gravitation, which I haven't read yet, but I enjoyed the anime. Picked that up after a couple of friends recommended it.

I'm looking into getting Vampire Knight, which I've read since it first came out and Spice and Wolf, as I've read all of the novels (haven't checked out the manga on that yet).

Death Parade is totes wicked! :D And so is Durarara! x2~ 

Right now, I'm watching a whole lot of them, e.g. Yona of the Dawn, Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul, Yuri Kuma Arashi, and Kuroko no Basketball, to name a few. I have to admit, I wasn't really into anime until last year, when someone forced me to watch so my Japanese could be trained a bit. XD It did help, even just a little. It was difficult to look for shows without subtitles lol.

Just to be on topic: Anyone who watches Sailor Moon Crystal here? I'm quite disappointed with how Toei did the animation this time; everything is too rushed and graphics had a lot of problems to fix. Compare SMC with the original one and see how different it is. :(

On the other hand, I find this anime incredibly cute and entertaining:

B8aIjhHCYAAPEI9.png

Reviving this thread, because anime is awesome! ^o^ Warning : Spoilers ahead. If you haven't already finished the season for the anime I mention, don't read on ;)

1. A lot of people have been praising Death Parade, and not just for it's upbeat opening theme or spine-chilling ending theme. My favorite episode would definitely be the one which introduces Maya and Harada. It was probably the only feel-good episode of the season. My favorite scene, however, is when Shimada gives in to the Tatsumi's taunts and pierces the dagger into the detective's pucks. It's a very powerful scene; goes to show to what extent a person can manipulate another by playing with their emotions, and how no one is born inherently bad. There's also a slight hint at corruption inside the judgement system, and each of the characters has a pretty unique and appealing personality. Madhouse has done a pretty good job of incorporating concepts in this anime that blend perfectly together.

One of the reasons I prefer dark anime like this one is because they're based mostly on real concepts and everyday life. They represent human psychology as a multi-dimensional entity.

2. Kiseijuu : Sei no Kakuritsu was more of a fun ride. Once again, character development is off the charts. Personally found myself getting more and more attached to Migi throughout the anime, although, if he had successfully overtaken Shinichi's mind, he might have ended up into a bloodthirsty monster like most of the parasytes. I guess this goes to show that all those parasytes that took complete control of their hosts could also have developed non-violent and helpful personalities like those of Migi, Tamiya Ryouko and Uda (the chin parasyte).

>>Almost cried when I thought that Gotou had killed Migi.

>>Rejoiced when Shinichi was able to stand up to Gotou all by himself. A lot of people, including myself, would have chickened out.

>>The suspense in certain parts of the anime is really exciting. They start building up tension within the viewers at just the perfect times xD

>>Almost cried again when Migi went to permanent sleep inside Shinichi.

>>Almost cried every time they showed Shinichi's mother in the opening theme. Even though she does not have a lot of screen time, they manage to portray her personality just enough to have the death create an unforgettable impact.

I'll stop before I get more emotional on this one xD A great anime by madhouse.

3. Akatsuki no Yona. In other words, not quite what you'd expect from your everyday reverse harem anime. For example, it portrays a female lead who starts off weak but grows stronger as the anime progresses. So often, people end up hating weak-willed female leads. It was nice to see that did not happen here. Also, BISHOUNEN *nosebleed*

Ahem *wipes nose*, the ending theme is especially beautiful. Not sure, but I think it combines Chinese or Korean music with Japanese lyrics. I'm still addicted to it. What makes it even more appealing is that towards the end, you can hear the background singers chanting the abilities of each of the dragons. Stroke of genius *starry eyes*

A few other anime I loved and would recommend to anyone who likes dark anime would be Deadman Wonderland, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass and Shinsekai Yori.

Hmm... still prefer reading over watching its anime. Reasons as above. :P

Parasyte is good. I enjoyed the interaction between Migi and its human host. Though I am slightly disappointed that Shinichi 'changed' towards the end. Inevitable, I know, but still...

Deadman Wonderland is good too. :D

Recently I have been re-reading Elfen Lied and Ubel Blatt. It's mature themed so be warned. Some other which I find interesting are such as Monster, Full Metal Alchemist, Claymore, Alucard, Tokyo Ghoul and its sequel Tokyo Ghoul: re, Immortal Regis and its sequel Cavalier of the Abyss, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic. And many more... I couldn't remember. hahaha...

Anybody read / watched Seraph of the End? Its a dark fantasy manga bout vampires and humans with acquired special powers.^.^

And... webtoon, anyone? I am currently following The Gamer and City of Dead Sorceror. The Gamer is about a boy who suddenly gained the ability of a... uh, a gamer. His life becomes just like in any RPGs. City of the Dead Sorceror is about a sorceror who wanted revenge for his dead sister. And his hunting ground is mostly within the city in which all sorcerors are thought to be dead. Oh... Anybody read Nobless?

Well, obviously I am not good at synopsis. ._.

I used to be obsessed with anime like four, five years ago >.< Not as much anymore because life got too busy especially with school and everything else. Anyways, my number one anime used to be...Naruto *shivers* .. but not anymore!! I really really hate how it's ending right now. Like the passion of hate is real man..

I've also watched Full Metal Alchemist and Brotherhood. It's really good, but sometimes it can get too sad and depressing lol. I've watched Gakuen Alice, a small 20-something episodes of a girl with special powers chasing after her childhood friend. Short and cute, but the manga is longer. Umm I've watched Ao no Exorcist. It would have to be one of the top animes I've watched just because it was soo interesting i binged watched the episode hehe.

Most recent anime I've watched is Fairy Tail. This is the best anime so far because I love how it's about friendship and companionship. I just dislike how it over-sexualizes (is that a word?? Lol) the females a lot! I've also started watching the first couple of episodes of Bleach, but can't say much about it.

P.S. I just watch the animes, I don't read the manga! Even though the manga are always better lol

Now, now, we're all aware and excited about the new Digimon Adventure tri, right? ;)  ;)

It really brings back to my childhood. I don't really remember the story, but one thing I still remember strongly was the part when a digimon died. And I was and now still feel sad about it...

But the OST is the thing I seem to remember well! And the way they bring back those songs made me so moved.  :D

Forgot to mention I really like Hunter x Hunter. It's a bummer though that the manga is in hiatus (last time I checked). I also love Pokemon (my childhood). Yamato Nadeshiko is very funny (just a recap, it's about this ugly girl who gets to live in her auntie's mansion with handsome guys are boarders) as well as Gakuen Alice. Another is also gross. I couldn't believe that Final Destination is possible in the Anime world.