Aveyond Studios Community
daeva_agas

agas draws things (fanart/original/everything)

What realistic??? It's more than obviously cartoon! 

This is realistic:

tumblr_n38g49qPbt1r7k0jco1_500.jpg

THIS IS NOT:

tumblr_nkhef9N8vS1r7k0jco2_250.jpg

Specter and BP say it's realistic but I can see it. Can anyone show me???

And I especially love the samurai with the armor straps on his legs and the shotgun. :)

They must have a different idea of "realistic" than us! :o They're anime-style, because the contest is for anime art contest! 

Thanks for the compliments XD The gun was rather tricky to draw, hahah :D

It's far more realistic than other cartoons, like many I could name. I meant realistic as a relativistic term, not absolute :)

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom

@Specter: Yeah, your criteria of "realistic" is different from me. I don't know what kind of cartoons you mean, because this is pretty standard for the higher-quality anime out there. A lot of anime are "anatomically/proportionally correct", like what I did, but I (and generally everyone else) still call them "cartoon".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also try to draw manga sometimes:

tumblr_nmtb7ubPD51sckaego1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmtb7ubPD51sckaego2_250.jpg

I kind of like the old-fashioned manga style with lots of cross-hatching. Also, because I'm cheap, no screentones. All the effects are drawn by hand. It's not a good idea to do for an entire manga, but eh, it's been done before (Koi Kaze), so it's okay.

Yeah, now this is more cartoon-ish stuff right there. I do generally like anime that is proportional (and makes real sense) as compared to the other counterparts. Actually, yours are in line with my favorite animations and your drawings are great :)

Pixar's animations fall much into my definition of cartoons, so do the older Disney characters. Japanese style anime, on the other hand is something I find realistic, and rather intriguing.

Yeah, now this is more cartoon-ish stuff right there. I do generally like anime that is proportional (and makes real sense) as compared to the other counterparts. Actually, yours are in line with my favorite animations and your drawings are great :)

Pixar's animations fall much into my definition of cartoons, so do the older Disney characters. Japanese style anime, on the other hand is something I find realistic, and rather intriguing.

Oh, I see. So what made you think those ones were realistic must have been the colouring. Because the black and white I posted up there is actually more realistically proportioned than the djinn and the samurai.

I don't really like manga that much because I prefer watching anime. Don't judge me. :D

But I think there's somewhere in my heart for manga. :)

Hahah, I don't even have a manga for you to read, so I don't care :P

Owwweeee~your drawing looks much much better than the last I saw your work! (About Gyendal things xD) I don't know but I feel like seeing a Korean Boyband member cause of his face maybe?

hello ^^ 

I like your art! its amazing ;^;

u draw mostly by hands? :o what do you use to color? :D

and ur manga are you uploading it online? *-* it looks nice i wanna read it *0* /attracted to mangas with good drawings/

well  a story of samurai might be a good change to me too :D

Owwweeee~your drawing looks much much better than the last I saw your work! (About Gyendal things xD) I don't know but I feel like seeing a Korean Boyband member cause of his face maybe?

The reference I used is a Japanese youth actor tho XD 

To be honest I miss the Gyendal things and daeva things XD But I'm lazy and I don't feel like drawing fantasy things. Too much funky details.

hello ^^ 

I like your art! its amazing ;^;

u draw mostly by hands? :o what do you use to color? :D

and ur manga are you uploading it online? *-* it looks nice i wanna read it *0* /attracted to mangas with good drawings/

well  a story of samurai might be a good change to me too :D

Hello! Yes, I draw with hand. And even when using computer I have to manualy draw, hahaha. It's not like the computer can magically draw the picture for you :P

Most of the things here are coloured with computer, except for the food. And the manga is just a picture practice. I have no stor, LOL :D

In another news, I'm painting again already.

Here's a little story: I usually don't paint the eyes until last. I draw everything like nose and hair and body and mouth and the eyes is the final touch. I don't remember why I do this, and I saw that other people actually like to start drawing eyes first, so I tried to paint the eyes in early to see what happens:

tumblr_nr4gjtVwzr1r7k0jco1_400.jpg

Well, now I know why I don't like drawing eyes until last. Because I feel like the person in the drawing is watching me and I hate it.It's kind of creepy :s

The reference I used is a Japanese youth actor tho XD 

To be honest I miss the Gyendal things and daeva things XD But I'm lazy and I don't feel like drawing fantasy things. Too much funky details.

Are you still using the Oda Nobunaga's arc as your reference? Haha yeah I know, in the old times you loves to draw Agas. Seems I miss that as well. 

Oh that eyes is really looks like a real one though. A sharp one, feels I am being watched. It's kinda creepy though as you said. It looks like I am seeing a portrait of that man. Well, keep up the good work~ I like seeing your arts though, that realism~   :D 

In a pic, I always see the eyes 1st (dnt knw why). The eyes look so real. And the pic is realistic too. It feels he's observing sth and gonna say sth suddenly :lol:

Ahh i meant like traditional or by tablet xD

Ohhh he looks kinda evil idk xD thats what i felt looking at him... like ploting something evil u.u *nods nods* idk his eyes feels evil or something o.o

How long does it take for one painting to finish? :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aveyond Kingdom

Are you still using the Oda Nobunaga's arc as your reference? Haha yeah I know, in the old times you loves to draw Agas. Seems I miss that as well. 

Oh that eyes is really looks like a real one though. A sharp one, feels I am being watched. It's kinda creepy though as you said. It looks like I am seeing a portrait of that man. Well, keep up the good work~ I like seeing your arts though, that realism~   :D 

??? What arc? You mean actor? Definitely not LOL. Oda Nobunaga is old, so his actor would be 40+ years old XD

I think that one was the guy who plays as Sebastian in the live action Kuroshitsuji.

Ahh i meant like traditional or by tablet xD

Ohhh he looks kinda evil idk xD thats what i felt looking at him... like ploting something evil u.u *nods nods* idk his eyes feels evil or something o.o

How long does it take for one painting to finish? :D

Both. Most of the times I draw by pencil, then scan it, then ink and colour with tablet. But when I paint realism nowadays I don't sketch anymore. I just start making blobs of colour :o

Time taken depends on how lazy I am and how hard the painting is :P The one with the stars took about 12-15 hours.

??? What arc? You mean actor? Definitely not LOL. Oda Nobunaga is old, so his actor would be 40+ years old XD

I think that one was the guy who plays as Sebastian in the live action Kuroshitsuji.

Well just said Oda Nobunaga is your references then lol. Cause his face and hair looks like a samurai to me. O.O

Well just said Oda Nobunaga is your references then lol. Cause his face and hair looks like a samurai to me. O.O

You do realize that I can change the person's features on my painting, right? :D My reference can have afro hair for all I care, and it wouldn't matter. I'm painting, not tracing, you know! :P If I don't like the model's nose, I can draw the nose differently. If I want their eyes to look different, I can use a different person's eye as reference.

But when I said "young actor", I meant the one with the stars XD 

The scary one isn't. That IS meant to be Nobu. But the reference is just a regular pin-up poster of some famous actor LOL: 

838f5fbb.jpg

tumblr_npj62mB0Ix1r7k0jco1_500h.jpg
ONE OF THESE IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS. GUESS WHICH ONE IS IT?  B)

Nah, just kidding. I'm just drawing the 4 things I like to draw the most from the beginning of my drawing career until... well, now:

- Phantom of the Opera --> 2005-2008

- Aveyond 1 (mostly daevas, particualrly Agas) --> 2008-2011

- Aveyond 3 (mostly Gyendal) --> 2011-2013

- Samurai --> 2013-now

The one who is out of place is Agas. He's the only one in this lineup who doesn't have black hair, ahahah.