Aveyond Studios Community
Elsa

My opinion on the new site: likes and dislikes

Okay, so it's been more than a week since I've been using the new site and here are my thoughts on it. Here's what I liked:

1) It's cleaner and much better looking.

2) The new messaging system looks much better than the old site.

3) It's fast. Period.

4) I love the "like" system.

5) It works on my phone.

6) Overall it wins in terms of usability.

Here's what I disliked (what I want):

1) What happened to gold, MP, HP, Levels and such? They were the things that made it interesting to sign up!

2) Guilds. What the heck happened to them? Why post nonsense at all if I'm not gonna get something? :P

3) Comments on games. Why did they have to go? It was to comment on Aveyond 1 that I ever signed up back then.

4) Village shop. Okay this one is low on priority, but it was still cool!

5) Blogs, news etc. where did it all go?

6) Cottages

That's it for now! I'll keep adding as I proceed :)

Well, my main dislike is less about the site's new layout, and more of the fact that many of the threads and posts from the old site didn't get imported here. The old collegium, the contests "arena", the Clubhouse threads, etc. 

And yeah, the lack of guild is bugging me as well.

I wouldn't know about the old site but what you listed in the dislike section sounded fun! ^·^ I'm curious, what was HP and MP for?

HP indicated members activity. the more active u were the mre it'll increase. I dnt no abt MP and lvls.

I even like the 'like' and 'next unread topic' though sometimes it doesn't work. The older site was available on the mobile too as I used to visit via mobile. The msg system indeed improved.

I dnt hav much dislikes bt I do miss the cottage. I wasn't in any guild so no comment on tht. I also liked the cute green hat on member's profile :lol:

I think MP was something to do with logins and such and level increased with activity and time. There was also experience.

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom

Cottages, in my opinion, are the most important, cause they provided an identity even to someone who had zero posts. The first thing you ever did was make a cottage :)

Sent from my Aqua HD using Aveyond Kingdom

Okay, so it's been more than a week since I've been using the new site and here are my thoughts on it. Here's what I liked:

1) It's cleaner and much better looking.

2) The new messaging system looks much better than the old site.

3) It's fast. Period.

4) I love the "like" system.

5) It works on my phone.

6) Overall it wins in terms of usability.

Here's what I disliked (what I want):

2) Guilds. What the heck happened to them? Why post nonsense at all if I'm not gonna get something? :P

That's it for now! I'll keep adding as I proceed :)

That was a problem ... too many people posting nonsense just to get guilded.  ROFLOL  Meaningful posts are great ... nonsense, not so much.  ;)

BTW, Amanda has stated several times that there will be guilds in the future, but they will be much different than the previous ones. 

Lol! Well it really depends on what your call nonsense. Cause for me, what I'm posting right now is nonsense too XD

I agree, not having a guild inside Amaranthia is kinda.. something lost I think? And also cottages, I love my cottage back there and I am still keeping my HTML codes for it inside my laptop lol. Maybe the cottage feature is being changed into Profile Feeds? (cause you can left comments inside the status like Facebook?)

Well I know the guilds were so inactive before the old site shut down so maybe Amanda disbanded them, but I would look forward the concept of the guilds in the future just like Tiniponi said :3

Being so used to the old layout, it's a bit difficult for me to get used to new one.
When I first saw the new site maybe in January? (I think it looked different from the current one) I thought it doesn't look so unique any more, and more generic like any other forum. 
Now I can say I like it better but as someone who doesn't like changes I still kind of miss the site from ten years ago XD
It's nice that new posts are added so fast without reloading the whole page.
I do miss the cottages too and that our content from them is lost; guilds would be nice too and I would maybe like the option of having different ones too, like tiniponi says. 
And Tiniponi - I'm happy to see you again after the years!

I don't know, I'm being a luddite I know but I miss the site how it was c. 2005/2006. Guilds were pretty awesome too :D

The MP/HP system was quite brilliant though, too bad it's gone too.

I have to admit, I'm still thinking of this community as "Amaranth Games."  ^_^ Whenever I come across threads like this, I can't help but recall the time I joined circa 2007. 

One thing I missed about the guilds (specifically, Dragon Lords!) was the library! I don't know if I can divulge this lol (and if I can't, *bows* gomenasai!!!), but there were sub-forums in the secret DL forum that had wonderful works written by the senior members - most of them I haven't seen for a long time. I wish I kept a back-up of those on Google Drive. They were quite interesting/inspiring to read, especially if I'm writing something creative.

Also, the first post mentioned something about blogs. I think having a Facebook page dedicated to Aveyond Kingdom-related announcements is more than enough. :)

Even though our guild was always kinda dead, I liked the weird posts and all... :>

Agreed on not missing the nonsense-posting just for getting into a guild, (there were some examples of that), but still... I think I joined around '07? And there was little nonsense posting, just a very active community chatting about all sort of things...

I do miss a "private" forums now, only the Aveyond preview cannot be seen by non-members. I'd love to have the village and all private too... :>

I'm excited to hear that some form of the guilds will come back.

I know mine was a quiet one but I still had a lot of fun with it.  I felt a kinship to my fellow DLers and loved all the guild fairs.  It added an extra level of interaction to the site!

I've seen the site undergo 5 different looks, not including the individual background art swaps from 2009-2014. I think I find the design from 2007-2008 the most nostalgic. Thank goodness we Archive.org to relive the memories.