Aveyond Studios Community
Gemanina

Lost Orb - Dig sites not responsive

I recently got TLO but the game is unresponsive when it comes to the dig site down in the sewers.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game with no change in this.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to remedy this?

You need to have a shovel to be able to dig the loose earth. Check your inventory to see if you have it, else scour Peliad and you'll find the shovel. If you don't want to explore all over, click the spoiler tab.

The shovel is in the cemetery.

@Gemamina In case you're having trouble despite possessing the shovel, I'd recommend starting a fresh download for the game. Sometimes, an antivirus may also interfere with downloads and fix otherwise perfectly fine files. You could try turning of your antivirus (if you have one o.o) temporarily. If that doesn't work, the best solution would be to pm an admin and ask them for a link to the patch : )

I was checking through the walkthrough here and it looks like these are the steps to take:

1. Enter sewers and talk to the Thief Lord so you can explore.

2. Find the locked gate and go back to Peliad to recruit June.

3.  Talk to June to recruit her and pick up the shovel from the graveyard.

4. Return to the sewers and have June open the gate.

5. Read the diary.

6. Dig up the pile of dirt to get the note and the key.

If you've done all this, I'm not sure what the issue could be.

I have had June with me every time.   I also have had the shovel with me everytime.  There is no way to get into the locked room without June.  In my cell there is the desk with the diary and a pile of bones in the corner.  There is no dirt mound to even dig.  Though I faithfully tried to dig everywhere hoping it was in a hidden wall or floor somewhere.  No such luck.

This is extremely frustrating.  I joined Amaranth back in 2007/2008 when I bought Ahriman.  Somehow my password would never let me back in, even with the help of administrators.  I finally had to create a new account.  I really LOVE the Aveyond series, bur extremely frustrated no one wants to addresss the issues other than repeat the same old tired answers that previous problems with the issues have stated they have not worked.

Please, please, please help. :mellow: 

Also, by losing my accoun I lost all my posts.  So now I am way at the bottom with only 4 posts.  Am I being ignored because I have little posts?  I use to be devoted to this site until bugs locked my account.  I have never been disciplined or had my posts removed.

I am just desparate to get back to playing my game and have it work properly.

I don't mean for this posts to sound repetetive, but new infor was aded.

I am pleading for help.  Please!!! :(

Please don't double post. Or post the same thing in multiple topics.

~Mopiece

Edited by Mopiece
Double Posting

You're not being intentionally ignored. And your post count has nothing to do with it.

The forums have been slow, and the people who are around, may simply just not know a way to help. Just be patient until a solution can be found.

Also, have a look at the forum rules, since posting the same thing over and over is considered spam and against the rules.

Spooky, I had to hide your post due to it's inflammatory and disrespectful comments.  I've answered your PM with an explanation of why no one seems to be helping you.

I truly hope you can get your game working from what Argoyle said or from following my advice only if that doesn't work.  It may well be a glitch that only admin can fix.  (Remember to follow the walkthrough steps he gave, IN ORDER.  :)

Just for this I have replayed Aveyond: The Lost Orb through again and I think I know what the issue is now.

I suspect you are playing Build C of TLO while following the walkthrough of Build B. In Build C, there was a tightening of the storyline and gameplay - as a consequence, the entire subplot of digging up clues from Mordred about the location of the Orb of Death has been scrapped, and the journal you see in the Peliad Sewers will immediately direct you to the cave system where the Orb is hiding. There is therefore NO dirtpile to dig up in Build C. You can therefore skip that entire section of the walkthrough directly to the part where you need to head to Stonetooth Caverns.

I understand that not being provided with a solution immediately can be frustrating - believe me, as players, we've all been there! However, as moderators, we also have a duty to uphold the forum rules in order to make this forum a safe space for all users. So please understand that by enforcing them, we are not trying to be rude or unhelpful. We're always here to help, even if we don't know how to yet.

Wonderful Aisling! 

It's been so long since I played through the game, I didn't remember there had been that much of a change.  (Both computers on which I had all my games and strategy guides stored crashed and I lost everything.  I can't even help repair savegames any more.)

Can I add something to this? While I was watching TheDailyMoogle's walkthrough (part 15 to be exact), there seems to be a bug when you go to Harburg in Build C. It says the same thing as you arrived at Harburg in Build B after you read the journal in the sewers that we need to go to the north bridge and head east. (And I just noticed Tiniponi has left the PM I had with her and telling her the bug which explain she didn't message me back)

I just redownloaded the game this week and was reading thru the post for just this very answer.  PS I also have version "C" and just downloaded the walkthru today because I couldn't find the key and thought maybe I had remembered incorrectly after checking with others.  The walkthru I just purchased today, does not mention the differences between build b and c as past walkthroughs have mentioned differences between builds.  This can be confusing especially when you're stuck, and reading the walkthrough to remind you what to do next.  There are at least 1 different streams listing this problem, and the other doesn't have the answer listed so I will add it to that stream.  Thank you for your continued work on improving the games, I love them, even though I only have a couple of hours a week now  between my husband,child and work.  (I think the husband takes up more time than the other two combined but he's worth it. ;)