Aveyond Studios Community
AveyondFan28

AP messing up screen resolution

So I was going to play AP. I clicked on the icon, but then my screen resolution changed. No big deal, until when I tried to press the home button the resolution STAYED. I go into safe mode, do system restore, it seems like it's fine. I even personally go into my windows properties and change it myself, but it still goes back to that resolution, which I can't reach the change resolution button.
Before, system restore has helped change it back but now it's not working. I know it's caused by AP, sadly, so ... Help!

Edit: I've fixed the problem, and this probably wasn't put in the right forum to begin with (heh heh ...^^'), reason being that I was freaking out. Anyways, if this isn't in the right forum, could a moderator please move it to the correct one?

Even though (I think) people might not use Windows XP as much anymore, I'd really like this fix for that version of windows (at the very least) be available for future reference in face someone does have this problem because, as far as I know, there isn't a post that specifically tells you how to fix it.

For anyone in the future who has this problem (and uses Windows XP), this is how I fixed it:

1: Right click and select NVIDIA Control Panel

2: Scroll down to Display, then select change resolution

3.a: Since the screen size is small, you'll see a scroll bar. Move it down until you see the selection slider (the thing that looks like a rectangle with a triangle attached to the bottom)

3.b: Alternatively, before you do the step above, click on the edge that separates the "select task" section from the rest of the control panel. You should see a resizer before you click. after you click it, drag it to the left (your left) to increase the size of the options. This will be important to do later, regardless, if you decide not to do it as the third step

4: Click on the slider icon and drag it to the right. This, basically, is what you do with the screen resolution in the windows properties, only in this case it's actually accessible to you.

5: I don't know if this step is necessary, but the slider below the screen resolution one is also scrolled ot the left. Follow step 4 to fix the color quality (that is, if your color quality was at 32 bits beforehand)

6: if you haven't done step 3.b yet, do it now, because in this step you need to click confirm. If you hadn't done 3.b, the only option will be to select cancel and we don't want that. After you do step 3:b, the option to confirm should be avalible. Click that.

7: A prompt (or window) will pop up on the upper right (the screen's right) asking if you want to keep it. there will be a countdown, so click "yes" before it counts to zero.

And there you go! That's how I fixed it.

Edited by AveyondFan28

AveyondFan28, thank you for taking the time to give detailed info on how you fixed this glitch your computer had with AP.  It may help if anyone has the same bug in the future.  I'd never heard of it happening before, so I couldn't help when you posted originally.

I'm so glad you got it working correctly.  :)