Aveyond Studios Community
moonpeace

Aveyond ships

I can't seem to find any threads on this, so I decided to make one myself. Aveyond seems to lend itself very well to ships, whether they be canon ships or fanon ones. I know a lot of people here prefer their own ships to the canon ones, and have extensive headcanons. So, what are your favorite ships? Which ones do you hate? (I'm betting most people here don't like Rhen/Dameon.) Which ones aren't canon but totally should be?

A few of my personal faves are:

- Ed/Mel. I know a lot of people don't like it, but they had so much chemistry. Not only as friends, but romantic as well. They had a stronger bond, I think, than Stella and Edward.

- Ean/Iya. They're so cute but overlooked; Aveyond 2 in general is tbh.

- Ava/anyone she had character development with. I love the two different paths we could take with either Gavin or Nicholas (I know her and Nicholas aren't a thing in canon. I adore them as friends but I also like exploring the idea of them as a couple) and what we hear of her past relationship with Uthar.

- (Also, am I the only one who is surprised more people don't ship Gavin and Nicholas?)

- This is going to sound really strange, but Yemite/Yvette. They didn't have any interactions in the game, but if they had, it would've been glorious. Their personalities would bounce off each other so perfectly.

- I'm also intrigued by Yvette/Ulf and Yemite/Mel. The more I think about it, the more I ship it, actually... I just need more ships of my underappreciated faves ;-;

And the ones I'm not a fan of:

- Rhen/Dameon. Still don't get why Rhen would fall for Dameon. I don't see the point of this one, other than to serve as a plot device at the end. Either Rhen joins the dark side, most likely because she wants to be with Dameon, which doesn't strike me as in character for her (even tho it is a pretty wicked 'bad' ending) - or Dameon does a complete heel-face turn and destroys Ahriman presumably out of his love for Rhen, which doesn't strike me as very in character for him, either. I do like the bickering between him and Lars over Rhen, and the marriage ending for them, just not the pairing itself.

-Edward/Stella. I don't dislike it as much as I used to, but...it's too bland for my tastes. It's more than subtext that Mel doesn't want to be replaced (for a lack of a better term) by Stella in the first two games. She seems like she's afraid of Edward going for Stella, but there is little to suggest he likes her that way aside from the optional attraction points, and yet they still end up together canonically. It irked me how that was the primary relationship hinted at for the first three games - heck, their marriage was the default and canon beginning for TLO - but it went nowhere in the fourth game and Ed/Stella was the endgame.

- Te'i'jal/Galahad BEFORE they get character development. Don't get me wrong, their dynamic was fantastic in the later games. But in Aveyond 1 and a bit at the beginning of LoT, it was borderline abusive and I felt so bad for Galahad :(

On a side not, I haven't seen too many same-sex Aveyond pairings. Do they exist or am I just missing them?

This may sounds crazy but I would like to ship Jack from AP/AV2 with June from AV: TLO. They are the two youngest party member in Aveyond and the bad boy good girl mix is something I would literally die for!!!

As for same sex ships, I didn't expect someone would ship Gavin and Nicholas, just because they couldn't stand being in a same room together, but I think it could be a cool ship.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Aveyond Kingdom

I didn't expect someone would ship Gavin and Nicholas, just because they couldn't stand being in the same room together

You'd be surprised how often that's exactly why people ship stuff. "I hate you!" "I hate YOU!" somehow equates to "must be love!" for a whole lot of people, haha.

I actually could never get on board with the Te'ijal/Galahad ship. I never liked Galahad, I thought he was irritating XDDDD I haven't played a couple of the AV3s, so I probably missed some of his character development (and it's been a LONG time since I played the others) but in AV1, he drove me NUTS.

There's a tiny bit of shipping going on over here with Rashnu/Vohu Manah and Nanghaithya/Indra, but they're such side characters that it's pretty unfounded XD

Another unfounded one is Te'ijal/Derez, the necromancer in Veldarah, based solely on the discussion over the soul pendant XD I wasn't doing a whole lot of shipping when I first played Aveyond, so I still don't do a whole lot of Aveyond shipping now. But those are some of my kooky ones, haha.

You'd be surprised how often that's exactly why people ship stuff. "I hate you!" "I hate YOU!" somehow equates to "must be love!" for a whole lot of people, haha.

I assume that type is the Tsundere type haha. The person said he hates but actually he loves in certain ways. :3

For me, I love seeing Mel x Edward being together. Mel has rash nature and Edward is calm and stay cool~ So the magnet is really connected each other I think. You know like the story of The Prince and The Pauper? It's kinda romantic about how a commoner is in love with a noble. Oh that fairytale~  

Maybe most of Aveyond Lovers hate seeing Stella x Edward just like you said above, they are so calm and proper so what's the point? It's kinda boring actually seeing calm couple around with not too many dramas in there xD

The most favorite pairings by the Aveyond Lovers is Te'ijal x Galahad since Aveyond 1, hmm it's kinda funny though seeing Galahad and Te'ijal argue about Husband and Wife things (I know Galahad is being forced by Te'ijal but yeah xD)

Oh and from Aveyond 2, Rye x Emma is quite tsundere in my opinion, they're both hard on themselves but I know they are in love each other lololol  :lol:

I forget about Ahriman Prophecy, Talia is being with who? I completely forgot  :o

Sooo many pairings out there and my head is spinning around. I haven't played them again and again soo I might forget quite characters especially from Aveyond 1 @.@

RhenxLars. I've always admired the love hate relationships. We even see their character developments. Like Lars changes his behaviour, gets concerned 4 Rhen, she gets surprised at this. Bt all Dameon does is sweet talk and she falls 4 tht.....it's quite unreal.....

MelxEd. Same reason as Luthie. Both of thm r the opposites bt still make up. And as ppl say opposites attract ;). Their really suitable 4 each othr.

This may sounds crazy but I would like to ship Jack from AP/AV2 with June from AV: TLO. They are the two youngest party member in Aveyond and the bad boy good girl mix is something I would literally die for!!!

I've never though of it bt it sounds cool!

Since i have a bird brain i cant really remember the other couple much only the main ones

From AV1 I shipped Rhen and Lars ♡ idk i felt he just bullies her cuz he likes her.. or something like that

Like at the beginning maybe he just hated her but it shows how much he has changed.. I'm glad i played the version with the "lars ending" even if it wasnt much of an ending it surved better than marrying the sun priest guy /was just gonna type "sun demon" o.o"/

But wouldnt it be cute if he really have bullied her from the start just cuz he likes her ;^; ♡

I sooo ship them so much why didnt my ship sail ToT

For AV3 its Mel and Ed all the way. They just felt right for each other... they complete each other and as well the same reason as luth too.

Mel sometimes get mad at Ed at things that i find cute ♡

And i always loved the stories about best friends becoming a couple no matter how cliche it is its always cute and sometimes refreshing and sweet ♡

As for from AV2 tbh i didnt like it much... maybe because the playable char was a guy instead... so idk the coupling i dont remember but the main couple and idk about them too...

Ah and the June-Jake coupling sounds cute I wanna see that xD

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aveyond Kingdom

Since i have a bird brain i cant really remember the other couple much only the main ones

From AV1 I shipped Rhen and Lars ♡ idk i felt he just bullies her cuz he likes her.. or something like that

Like at the beginning maybe he just hated her but it shows how much he has changed.. I'm glad i played the version with the "lars ending" even if it wasnt much of an ending it surved better than marrying the sun priest guy /was just gonna type "sun demon" o.o"/

But wouldnt it be cute if he really have bullied her from the start just cuz he likes her ;^; ♡

I sooo ship them so much why didnt my ship sail ToT

The feelings mutual ;) . Bt the game was actually abt defeating the bad guy and save the world thing. So I guess the romance wasn't consider important or whtevr.......

For AV3 its Mel and Ed all the way. They just felt right for each other... they complete each other and as well the same reason as luth too.

Mel sometimes get mad at Ed at things that i find cute ♡

And i always loved the stories about best friends becoming a couple no matter how cliche it is its always cute and sometimes refreshing and sweet ♡

Yep, It was so cute! Their chemistry is perfect.......

As for from AV2 tbh i didnt like it much...maybe because the playable char was a guy instead... so idk the coupling i dont remember but the main couple and idk about them too...

Ah and the June-Jake coupling sounds cute I wanna see that xD

Maybe it's because in AV2 the couple things isn't too stand out? I mean it isn't the main topic of the game. It is clearly enough Ean and Iya is the couple without any dramas in their story.

Lol if June and Jake become a couple, imagine that if Jake is really naughty and pissed June (you know what his attitude like xD), then June will trick him with her spell and BOOM! (Imagining Jake is burnt out and June is laughing with evil grin xD)

I didn't expect someone would ship Gavin and Nicholas, just because they couldn't stand being in a same room together, but I think it could be a cool ship.

Welp... you are talking to the person who 'ship' these two fellows. Of course it would be cool. XD There is even a fanfic dedicated to these two somewhere in this forums though it's not completed.

Pairings I like:

- Rhen x Lars (Duh.)

- Devin x Talia, though I don't mind Devin x Alicia (Maybe if they'd had more interaction, I'd dig it. What little they have though was quite charming).

- Aveyond 3's Te'ijal x Galahad. 

- Edward x Mel (Extremely cute.)

- Ean x Iya

- Rye x Emma

Slightly crackier ships:

- Gyendal x Stella before TLO. 

- Gavin x Nicholas (Or even an OT3: Gavin x Nicholas x Ava)

- Spook x Nox cos heck, the way she trolls him is too epic. 

- Mel x Yemite

Pairings I dislike:

- Rhen x Dameon

- Edward x Stella

Nonsense OTPs:

- Agas/Rhen: [insert a long-winded AU saga here]. It's really a long story. But it started actually becoming a legit ship that isn't just crackshipping when I characerized Agas as something of a second Dameon, LOL (you know, because Dreamland can be used to talk with people, as seen in AV2). Except he's not aware that what he's doing is a problem. Because demon logic/circumstances/reasons. 

- Eithera/Saurva: Because daevas. And druids. And stuff. *points to the long-winded saga mentioned above* 

- Gyendal/Mel: I forgot why this happened. Maybe just to be spiteful? But really, it would make for a very hilarious fail interaction because both of them would be in denial about the whole thing. 

Sensible ships I'm more or less okay with:

- Lars/Rhen

- Te'ijal/Galahad

- Ava/Gavin

- Edward/Stella: Never did get the "it's boring" reason. Nobody seems to have the same issue with Ean/Iya. A calm couple isn't a bad thing.

- Spook/Mel: As in if Spook was a person on his own, not Gyendal. Before I did the GyenMel ship, this was what I'm into.

Do not want:

- Edward/Mel: Everyone keeps saying how cute it is and how it's perfect and I just can't see it. This ship reminds me of all those shonen manga with a derpy main hero who eventually makes the tsundere girl who hated him fall in love with him. I really hated this kind of interaction in manga, and I dislike it here too. 

Gyendal/anyone who isn't Mel: I'm very strict with my OTPs.

Gyendal x Mel is hilarious and I will totally ship it, because I read D_A's headcanon about how in TDP Mel's sudden idiocy and repeatedly falling into Gyendal's traps was just because she was totally into him. Laughs

Yay Rosie!

I bet, she will tell you dislike and likes of the characters! Superb Yay, Rosie!

I bet this one too- I like the characters pairings are-

Mel/Edward- Which they're really funny in these ways of conversation, Mel feels jealous when Edward and Stella are together. Mel had feelings for Edward which she never showed up, I bet.. Edward had feelings for her too, mostly Edward, I think and bet. But, it was not necessary that what was the real ending, Mel or Stella. But, I give votes to Mel, I bet.. There life is fit and good for Uma and Nox, she don't really wanna wed Lars, anyways!

Te'ijal/Galahad- In every parts, I bet, I love their pairings, how funny it is! Funny and matches. From Aveyond 1 to Aveyond 6, they're too funny and comedy! I bet!

Rhen/Danny- It never needed to be, but, I liked it, there was none endings for marry Lars- Even, I didn't liked him. I bet, there is nothing special about Rhen and Danny expect for she blushes looking at him or talk him.

Elini/John- I liked it otherwise, it is not special but two meanies can get anything.

Ean/Iya- It is a superb ending- nobody tells nobody, but has a under feelings, nothing other, I bet. But, I like that.

Gavin/Nicholas/Ava- Ava had a choose of threes- but can marry only Gavin, I bet! She teaches Nicholas after all.. As Uthar had a feeling for her too. Gavin liked her after all.

Emma/Rye- After all- Emma wins or not, they marries, Emma wins, she happy, Emma lose, Rye happy. Whatever, I bet.

I also bet- My disliking character pairing-

Rhen/Dameon/Lars- Rhen and Dameon pairings I never liked, how can she marry a person she should never trusted? He planned to kill her, Talia and conquer Ahriman, strange. But, what the real ending is.. I bet, I never liked this.. Rhen and Lars- they're never liked by me, Lars called Rhen, peta and being so mean, Danny was perfect, she had a weird like of boys to marry. I liked Danny, after all.

Edward/Stella- They didn't ever liked by me. Should liked by Edward to revive her once again, and then marry Mel in the Darkthrop Prophecy is what I bet, I liked. They barely talked and was properly disliked by me.

Yay Rosie!

I bet, she is done!

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

Gyendal x Mel is hilarious and I will totally ship it, because I read D_A's headcanon about how in TDP Mel's sudden idiocy and repeatedly falling into Gyendal's traps was just because she was totally into him. Laughs

We kinda left those two alone a lot. Who knows what might have been going on off screen, you know? I mean, we were supposed to believe Dameon and Rhen's love because "unseen interactions"...

Ah right !

Guys i kinda found this video somehow..

https://youtu.be/7DUQWkBE50o

Its about Aveyond 1 ending with the sun uhh.. priest xD

Its seems like a nice one too what she says about him xD

I love this.

Gotta repeate it and go to lars and see what will happen then *-*

/just cuz i saw this video/

Huhuhu

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aveyond Kingdom

Well:D

Looks like I'm the one that ship dameon/Rhen:D

I never liked Rhen/Lars because they are best friends but lovers?come on:\

And danny... I really hate him. He's very useless.

I know why everyone likes Rhen/Lars, but I liked dameon and I developed his character in my mind, it was good:D

I ship Mel/Edward deeply! I loved how they act with each other and how Ed would do anything for him(lol especially when he ran away from the coronation to go to Eldrion:D)

I like Ean/Iya but not very much...they were so simple and too good for my taste!

The ships I don't like:

Edward/Stella: it not right. If Ed loved him, so why did he leave her on mainland and went to Eldrion? Or how could he leave his lover and go to Arishta isles?

Rhen/Lars or danny

Mel/any one else

And about the others....I don't really care about them:D

I kinda like the idea of Hi'beru x Rowen, for some reason.

I've mentioned it in my AV4 review thread, Hi'beru is my favourite character, and Rowen is the only other person he shares a decent interaction with. Ingrid beating him up for his silliness doesn't count, because I really dislike that sort of belligerent sexual tension romance that is almost entirely based on slapstick, bickering and double standard.

As for Rowen being married... well, her family are insignificant NPCs, so I can pretend they don't exist right? Conveniently forgets that, in the previous titles, I liked to make nonexistent backstories for random villagers who don't even know each other to justify their relationship.

I'm starting to notice a trend in Aveyond games where women force men to marry them. I still remember making Edward Pendragon marry an Orc princess in an earlier Aveyond 3 game, even if it was retconned by the end of 3.4.

I did expect that Lars had a kind of Helga-likes-Arnold type crush on Rhen, but it never went anywhere. It was hilarious when I had Mel reject Edward only for her to end up married to the very same Lars; they seemed more suitable for eachother anyway. I'm hoping future Aveyond games include girl-girl & bromance options, or even take the Skyrim approach & make your favorite non-important NPCs eligible too.

At some point it looked like there was a chance of a relationship developping between Rowen and Hiberu and I guess I would like that development if her family hadn't showed up (which was also quite a nice development).

What seemed strange in Av4: Throughout the game there was a lot of talk about how the curse will be activated no matter what. But in the end if I choose another pairing, it seems to easy that Ingrid ends up marrying someone else and it's not really explained why. Sure there are the attraction points and some small dialogue related to that, but overall I miss an explanation (during the game or in the end before the wedding) for why Ingrid changed her mind, why she doesn't want to marry Boyle any more, what happened with the curse and how the guys feel about all this. It seemed quite strange.
I guess if the player has the option of choosing different pairings, there shouldn't be any indications in the story about who likes whom *until* they start having enough attraction points and only then I would put some dialogues and scenes related to this romance development.

Oh my gosh, I forgot about this thread XD And yeah, I agree with all of that. My personal headcanon is that there never was a curse, since the unconditional love the priestess/the Goddess/Fang had for Boyle was enough to make it null and void - and Boyle only believed it because of the placebo effect, or more likely, he wouldn't mind marrying Ingrid anyway :P So if Ingrid chooses someone else, Boyle was never bound by the curse anyway. Maybe if they ever make a Build B of AV4 they'll explain that.

It's strange, like we don't get to know what Ingrid and Boyle *really* think about each other, it seems there are moments where it shows that they do like each other, but on the other hand the authors need to keep it open ended because of the possibility of another pairing... It's strange that Ingrid wants to marry Boyle but then we can make her change the choice so easily...

And I bet I'm not the only one who thinks Myst & Robin are an adorable couple!

Definitely not! They were so cute, I loved their friendship and how it was ambiguous how at the end (if you did the Night Watch quests anyway) that they might become a couple.

Am I the only one who thought at first that Boyle and Myst would be a romance option?

I think it did occur to me as well.
But then I liked Myst and Robin much better :)
I liked the night watch quests! Except that it was a bit annoying to always have to walk all the way to the base (through the house and roof).
Was the ending different if you didn't do the Night watch? I guess the ending scene with them was missing?