Aveyond Studios Community
moonpeace

Aveyond ships

On 7/16/2015 at 7:28 PM, negar-bendy said:

Well:D

Looks like I'm the one that ship dameon/Rhen:D

I never liked Rhen/Lars because they are best friends but lovers?come on:\

And danny... I really hate him. He's very useless.

I know why everyone likes Rhen/Lars, but I liked dameon and I developed his character in my mind, it was good:D

Good news; you're not alone! 

Used to be a hardcore RxL shipper. But am a full-fledged RxD shipper now. 

I guess age made me played AV1 unbiased of the hairstyle (learnt to love the half-bald) and finally hopping aboard the RxD ship hahahaha

Soooo... would anyone be interested in a ridiculously humongous Aveyond shipping grid with all of the playable characters from all of the games plus a couple NPCs? My friend (who doesn't currently have a forum account, but will for the winter exchange) made it when I asked for one, and gave me permission to share the original. Mine is super nutty and has all these different colors and symbols for different types of ships, but the blank chart could be used for purely romantic shipping purposes! It's also really useful for unrequited ships - you can fill in Edward --> Stella, for instance, without filling in the corresponding Stella --> Edward block.

And, to answer the original question, my romantic OTP is Mel/Stella/Lydia, as well as any combination of the three! I recently got into an antagonistic version of Lars/Dameon, which I like quite a lot. Nicolas/Gavin is a tried and true favorite. I have way more platonic ships than romantic ones, including SUPER crackships, but they're sooo gooooood... Nicolas&Lydia (aka "Nicolydia") is a new favorite, along with Rhen&John, Lars&Talia, and Mel&John. They each have totally unique dynamics I can't get enough of.

ETA: Forgot my no-ships! I really don't care for Mel/Gyendal, personally. There are some big squicks there. I don't like Rhen/Dameon, but the basic premise for the ship isn't narratively a bad one. I don't really like any romantic Edward ship? I can absolutely see him having feelings for Mel or Stella, but not reciprocated feelings. And I don't like seeing Ava with dudes.

@Queen-of-Ice101 I actually don't have a serious romantic ship for Ava! In my mind, although she likes the ladies, the sea is her first love. I am 5000% behind crack-pairs such as a quasi-romantic Elini/Ava or a Yvette/Ava fling.

Now, without further ado, here's the blank shipping chart! (Bear with me; this is my first time using spoiler thingies.)

Spoiler

aveyondShipChartBlank.thumb.png.e0b43c8bbb92c84b132617a8a52904b3.png

Can't attach my filled-out version to this post even though they're both below the total upload size limit. :( It's nonsense to read anyway, and one of my ship categories might technically be nsfw, so ehh, whatever. But have fun, and if you decide to use it, I'd love to see how yours looks!

@moonpeace Regrettably, OT3s and OT-mores are this chart's one weakness! I just break down the ship and fill out each pair's squares individually based on the pairs' dynamics within the ship. You COULD devise some sort of tiny symbol to go on top of each of your OT3s' tiles... like a crown for Melstelydia or an eyepatch for Ava/Nicolas/Gavin, lol? That way the squares are unified.

Again, I'm not sure that I should post mine here even if it fits, just because one of my categories is probably considered nsfw (not explicit, just... nsfw). It's actually a kinda beautiful patchwork, though. If you use different colors for all your categories, it creates a work of art!

@Ishti That chart is awesome!! I'll have to play around and fill it out sometime!  Maybe it's just me but I don't think that just posting the chart would cross over into NSFW since all the chart does is mark which pairings you ship, not actually go into detail about the NSFW aspect. Feel free to ignore tho, I could be completely missing something here >.<

On 12/1/2017 at 4:42 PM, Queen-of-Ice101 said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't think that just posting the chart would cross over into NSFW since all the chart does is mark which pairings you ship, not actually go into detail about the NSFW aspect. 

I'll... look over the forum rules again, I guess. I honestly don't know if anyone other than Darwin would actually look over the ENTIRE huge thing, because omg, it be huge. :lol: Buuuut I might! I think I came up with some pretty good categories, and every ship on there is a ship I like to really think about!

Okay; after another review of the rules, I think it's safe. Without further ado... yikes:

aveyondShipChart.thumb.jpg.f68ce3489bbbdaf4d8466ccf4770f8b5.jpg

I had to compress the heck outta this to keep it under 0.18 MB. It's probably barely legible.

As you can see, most of my ships are platonic! I feel strongly about most of these, although many of them work best in AUs (or extra/post-canon fic), and many of them ONLY work in AUs. Some of them, I only started shipping because of the fics I wrote or planned! I have an OT3 and two OTPs marked, but every ship marked with a dot I consider just about as important and awesome, and seriously, I've put thought into EVERY single tile I marked on this grid.

(Some tiles have split colors because I like multiple iterations of that ship or I like the idea of that character having multiple feelings at once/over time. I prefer my Te'ijal & Galahad with a completely unique dynamic; not romantic, not entirely platonic, neither positive nor entirely negative; they're one another's "emergency contacts." Some ships on here are unrequited, or the involved parties have different feelings about one another; I work from the left, so the name on the left has those feelings about the name on the top, and not necessarily vice versa. I haven't finished AP or played 4, but I know a little about each.)

Oooh, that's a very interesting chart! It kinda matches up with the categories I was thinking of, but not quite. I like how you did the left vs right thing, and the separate category for Te'ijalahad because they just defy description and categorization. Plus, their dynamic shifts in every game. May I ask why you ship Elini and Devin? That's definitely one I've never seen before :o (ALSO I didn't know you shipped Mel/Yemite too!)

9 hours ago, moonpeace said:

Oooh, that's a very interesting chart! It kinda matches up with the categories I was thinking of, but not quite. I like how you did the left vs right thing, and the separate category for Te'ijalahad because they just defy description and categorization. Plus, their dynamic shifts in every game. May I ask why you ship Elini and Devin? That's definitely one I've never seen before :o (ALSO I didn't know you shipped Mel/Yemite too!)

I could fill an actual novel with Te'ijalahad thoughts, lol.

So! Elini-->Devin is something I came up with while writing Rhenegade! It's a ship with zero canonical basis whatsoever, without a doubt. They meet up in chapter 8, and I figure Elini is looking for a good husband, and what better husband than this woolly-eyed buffoon? :D In Rhenegade, they travel together for I think about a week, but Elini crushes really hard, really quickly. She also notices how close he is with Talia and decides to leave him alone because he's "claimed," but she's really sad about it when she leaves him behind in the Sun Temple. It was the tiniest side detail ever, but it actually gave me feelings. 100% unrequited, ends very neatly by the end of the fic (although not for a while yet).

And I totally ship Yemite-->Mel; I think I got the idea from a fic (was it yours??) and it's stuck in my head ever since! I like to think she's very happy with her unrequited feelings in a way only a nonhuman being could ever be.

What would your categories be, and your favorite examples of each? ^_^

Te'ijalahad is definitely a complex one for me, I had a pretty deep discussion about them on here one time about their dynamic although I don't remember the exact thread? I'm definitely a person who likes to delve into different, maybe not entirely positive or ideal dynamics in fiction, and Te'ijalahad is definitely one of those. What really keeps me from shipping it fully is the fact that it's, hm, kind of played for dark humor in Aveyond 1, but in subsequent games they're one of the main couples that we're meant to be rooting for. So there's a little bit of dissonance there if you know what I mean?

The Elini/Devin thing is so interesting :o The idea of Elini having a crush on Devin is adorable, I can totally see it.

Yeah, it might've been mine? I wrote a fic where Yemite and Gyendal are talking about their feelings for Mel, and I think I've mentioned them elsewhere too. I don't know if there is any other shippy fic for them. I agree that she's satisfied with her unrequited feelings, just because of the nature of her relationship to Mel. I'd love to explore a more requited dynamic on Mel's part in fic, but I think realistically/canonically it's more fitting that Yemite's feelings for Mel are distinct from Mel's feelings about Yemite.

And hmm, let's see, these are probably most of my ships (in order of the games they appear in):

• OTPs (canon): Talia/Devin*, Rhen/Lars*, Ean/Iya*, Mel/Edward*, Boyle/Ingrid
  • OTPs (not canon): Nicolas/Gavin, Ava/Uthar, Ava/Nicolas*, Mel/Gyendal, Mel/Yemite
  • Pseudo-OTPs (as in, I like entertaining the idea but don't necessarily think they should be together canonically): Rhen/Danny, Lars/Dameon, Gavin/Heptitus, Edward/Lydia, Mel/Lydia, Yemite/Gyendal, Boyle/Myst
  • OT3s: Ava/Gavin/Nicolas, Stella/Mel/Lydia, Mel/Gyendal/Yemite
  • BrOTPs: Talia & Devin*, Rhen & Lars*, Elini & Mad Marge, Ean & Iya*, Ava & Nicolas*, Ava & Emma, Mel & Edward*, Mel & Stella, Hi'Beru & Rowen, Boyle & Robin, Robin & Myst
  • Familial (by blood or otherwise) relationship: Talia & Rhen, Ava & Nicolas*, Uthar & Nicolas, Ishtar & Heptitus, Te'ijal & Gyendal, Uma & Nox, Yemite & Nox, Yemite & Uma
  • Appreciate because of others' works but don't really ship personally: Rhen/Dameon, Edward/Stella, Te'ijal/Galahad(?)
  • Friends with benefits: Elini/Te'ijal, Rye/Emma, Yemite/Yvette*
  • Don't meet in canon but would totally have a great dynamic (in any capacity): Jack & Mel, Pirate John & Ava, Elini & Ava, Lars & Ava, Elini & Yemite, Yemite & Yvette*

* means I put them in multiple categories, either because I like an in-between dynamic for them, or I can see it going in either of two or three directions; bold means it's one of my top ships (even though it's so hard to choose!)

@moonpeace - Man, I really need to replay 2 and have Nic in my party. I never use him over Gavin, and I only played with the goodie one time, so I completely forget how he and Ava interact!! It's all conjecture in my head. Gotta fix that.

Ishtar & Heptitus is one of my top ships, actually, but they aren't included on the chart. And oh my GOSH, tell me all about your Gavin/Heptitus! That's fascinating.

I totally love all of your FwB ships and the crackships - Lars & Ava?! I never considered that! It's so good.

@Ishti Yes, play with the party goodie! Aveyond 2 was always my favorite, but having both Nicolas and Gavin in the party made it 10 times better. Seeing the three of them interact is one of the best parts of the game, imo - and if you do both the Gavin and Nicolas routes, all three of them go off together in the end! 

Yesss, I love Ishtar and Heptitus. And well, you know how Gavin says all the witches in Bogwood are in love with him? I wonder if that includes Heptitus...and I got to thinking that if it did, she'd be just about the only witch there who could entertain him and keep him on his toes. Plus it would make the final battle very ah, interesting, if you had Gavin in the party :lol:

I imagine Ava would regard Lars much in the same way she regards Nicolas, but she'd also appreciate his intelligence and deviousness. If only they could meet!

I’ve been meaning to post in this thread for a couple weeks! I’ve put it off because I have so many ships for this series and I wouldn’t want to overload a post but maybe I can try to narrow it down. I feel like I have to jump in now though because Te’ijalahad came up, and that has been, for better or for worse, my favorite ship for just shy of a decade now. Like Ishti, I could probably write a novel on them (and I would love to read theirs). More than anything the dissonance just makes me particular about them, lol – I’m not into them romantically, for instance.

Actually I’m not into about 90% of my ships romantically, which is why I have so many pairings for this series. Highlights for friendships are Talia & Devin, Rhen & Lars, Te’ijal & Elini, Rhen & Galahad, Rhen & John (which I didn’t care one way or another on until I read Ishti’s Rhenegade and now adore like no other), Nicolas & Ava, Ava & Gavin, Ava & Jack, Mel & Edward, Edward & Stella, Boyle & Myst, Myst & Robin, and Rowen & Hi’beru.

And to think that’s being picky, oh boy! One day I’ll make a chart.

Luckily romantic ships come less easily for me, lol. My favorites are Mel/Stella/Lydia and any variation (partial to Mella, which is my romantic OTP for the series), Te’ijal/Beatrice, Ean/Iya, and Nicolas/Gavin. For unrequited specifically I’m also into Yemite -> Mel, Emma -> Ava, and Robin -> Boyle.

For familial stuff I love all of the canon sibling pairs – I really want to get a solid headcanon for Te’ijal & Gyendal. I also have some parental figure favorites, including Lars & Talia, Robin & Ellie, and, my personal favorite, Te’ijal and Galahad as Mel’s parent-esque figures.

And that’s the “short” version! To be honest Ishti could convince me to ship anything so you can probably count me for anything they’ve listed.

@moonpeace I could definitely get behind your Gavin/Heptitus, that sounds like it'd be fun to read. And I love the Lars&Ava idea, oh my goodness!

@darwin That's certainly an interesting list of ships. I'm surprised by the amount of people who like Te'ijalahad as non-romantic, I can totally get behind that. Oh my gosh, I can definitely see Emma having romantic feelings for Ava, and when I played Aveyond 4 I kinda thought Robin had a crush on Boyle :P 

@Ishti I'm making a chart inspired by yours for another fandom that I have a lot of ships for (Fate), so I just wanted to say thanks! I'm trying to figure out how to make it, did you use Excel?

@moonpeace Ha, thank you!

Yeah! I can really see her admiring Ava and that turning into a crush type situation. Me too! :P I thought it was cute how he always wanted to impress him. 

Also, I was actually the one to make the chart! I just used a straight line tool on Paint and a lot of copy-pasting, though I'm sure you could make something on Excel, too.

5 hours ago, darwin said:

Yeah! I can really see her admiring Ava and that turning into a crush type situation. Me too! :P I thought it was cute how he always wanted to impress him. 

We definitely talked about unrequited Emma-->Ava one time and then I completely forgot about it... well, that's going on my chart. Awesome.

Sorry I didn't directly credit you for the chart; you didn't have an account yet when I posted it and I didn't know what name to use or anythin'!

Lars&Rhen would be my all time favourite XD

I'm currently playing GoN and I really grow attached to Edward&Mel as well. They have great vibe. I like them separately AND as a pairing!

I love it when Mel accepts the snail that Edward gives to her, puts it on her should and says "It's so cute and slimy!" XDDD And also, it was mentioned in the game that Mel planed to make faces when Lydia was speaking her vows (if you choose to make Edward marry Lydia). Geeze, it's like she's got the spirit of a 12-year-old or something, I couldn't help but adore that HAHAHA! Given her uniqueness and quirkiness, I certainly am not surprised that Edward finds her attractive.

I liked Edward already before starting to play AVE 3. I have a soft spot for boys who are sweet and thoughtful and oblivious just like Edward himself XD. And I'm happy to see he's grown mature as the quest proceeds — it's like, he has a soft heart and it's all good, but it turns out even better when that heart becomes stronger, and that boy grows into a man, starting to take responsibility like any good king will do.

Yeah, I have a thing for two people being so different yet finding themselves attracted by the other. And you can say that best friends becoming life partners are somewhat cliche but I fall for that every time.

Besides, I like to think Pirate John and Mel would really click if they had ever encountered each other. I like John&Mel better than Jack&Mel perhaps because John is not exactly the same as Mel (being a thief) and in fact he is a lot older than her; yet they have many things in common. The connection between the two would be something more than just friendship but never dare to cross the line to become romantic. Mel is so young, vibrant and free to do whatever she feels like doing, she could be John's escape from his screwed-up personal life ( since I never liked the idea of love potion. ); ). And John is some grown-up that Mel can genuinely look up to, share noble jokes with (yeah they'd do that XD), perhaps she'll even talk to him about her confusing and complex feelings towards Edward.

...Well.

@moonpeace Yes Senpai! Exactly! And John's feelings towards Mel would be... like a less complicated or passionate version of Lolita... haha!

I just feel bad for love potion bringing John and Elini together somehow. ): That’s not the way people are supposed to fall in love...