Aveyond Studios Community
alexakisfan.1997

following final fantasy

so seeing we have a couple aveyond games to reflect this on, why is every storyline to all the aveyond new characters. we were left hanging with mel darkthrop daughters at the end of aveyond 3, so alot of people were expecting to find out more (im saying this based on what comments ive seen on this board and others) are all aveyond games going to be their own storyline and why not continue the story with sequels?

I can't (nor would I want to) speak for Amanda, but the decision to continue a series with new characters can come from a lot of different places. It's possible she had planned to continue on with Mel's children, but a story she felt was better or stronger or more interesting came up and she opted to go with that one instead.

It should also be said that Aveyond 4 may have been outsourced, having only as much info on the game as anyone else here I can't say for certain. But given the recent changes in Amanda's home and family life, new baby and all, it's possible that someone else worked on the game while she juggled with life. I know for a fact that last year Aveyond 4 was going to be the story of a gypsy girl searching for her kidnapped sister and having to dodge a weather-controlling psycho; this year it's a totally different animal, which leads me to think that someone else worked on the game with Amanda providing support from the wings.

I could very well be wrong about that though, it's all just speculation.

but wasnt it her that posted before the game was in development that she was working on the story line for the 4th. im not complaining about the game in any measure. i love the aveyond series i just wish we could get answers on other characters. maybe a aveyond 3.5?? lol

Initially AV4 was going to focus on Uma and Nox, but then as the game further developed Amanda decided they didn't fit in the storyline she had. She HAS said that she might make a spin-off game starring them, though.