Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

Lambchop's Super SImple Journal not working

Script is here.

I input the script into a blank project and it keeps on giving me syntax error at startup. Was I not supposed to have a blank project? Do i need to actually set up the switches for the quests first? 

I haven't done anything to either the project or the script other than copy-pasting the template provided in the thread.

I just copied Window_Journal and Scene_Journal into a new project and did not get any error at all. Are you using the optional script bits?

Scene_Menu_Mods is also working without a trouble here, as the Scene_Map_Mods.

What's the exact error you're getting?

SyntaxError on line 48. Double checked in forums elsewhere and eveone says there was nothing wrong with the syntax. Could the computer itself be the problem? I've been having whacky issues with VX on my WIndows 8 ever since it had to go on repairs. I have to keep on inputting the serial number every time I open the prpgram. Did not happen at all before it broke down.

Have you check the box that says "read only" in the properties for the maker? Are you running it as admin or touched the admin permissions? Sometimes you need the box for "read only" to be checked and to fool around with admin permissions. VXAce was wonky for me for a while before I went in and fooled with the properties. Now it works like a charm. 

The program itself works just fine. THe problem is this one script.

What's weird is that when I work with a project where the script is already installed, it also works okay. I'm going to have to test it on my old computer to see if it works there or not.

I have no idea what is going on. I am sure at this point that something might have gotten left out of the coding or the program is having a hard time utilizing it. I would try removing and re-adding the script a few times before reinstalling the program. If it is just the script, then replacing the script with the same one from the source would fix the situation (sometimes, copying a script means you might accidentally leave out a line or and important keyword, depending on it was copied). If it is the program, re-installation would help. These are common answers I have found on the internet.