Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
negar-bendy

I Need a Beta

Hello everyone, I am writing an Aveyond High school/college AU and it's Mel/Edward centric with a bit of Te'ijal/Galahad, Rhen/Dameon, and the others:D

But since English is not my first language I need some helps, and I need some informations about colleges and high schools!

So please help me!!

Well first off, school and college are two completely different scenarios so I think you'd have to choose between the two settings to begin with. Also, what kind of information do you need about schools/colleges?

I think it would be better if you wrote your piece first and then asked someone to proof-read it for you. If you need help with expressing certain phrases or with definitions, you can search google for quick solutions or ask here I guess.

My biggest problem at begging is to choose between high school and college, I don't know which is better. I don't want to reduce their ages and I want them to have some classes together, so I really don't know what to do.

our high schools are completely different from the normal ones, Boys high schools are separated from girls. And different majors don't have same classes together as I read in some stories.

And college, I don't know if they are the same as here or not.

thanks for helping!

The only high schools I've ever encountered in the US that have "majors" are technical schools, where you learn a trade (manufacturing, mechanics, hairdressing, etc.) and don't expect to go to college. But here's some stuff on US high school vs US college anyways--

High schools and colleges alike can be co-ed or split. Both can be religious or non-religious. High schoolers usually range from roughly 13-18, while college kids can be 17 or adults. Some kids even go to college before that, I think one of my cousins started college at 15 or 16.

In college, you can choose your classes and the time you have them. In high school, you can choose your electives but the rest is assigned to you. In college, your major effects what classes you must take, not what classes you can take. I was a game design major and I took an emergency responder class that was directed at the nursing majors. My English class was filled with nurses, vet tech, sports management, game design, and graphic design majors. It can vary wildly between schools, but usually "general" subjects (entry-level math, English, science, history) you'll get all majors.

I can't really give you much more than that until you decide which setting you want. I would think you'd probably want college, simply because there's a lot more freedom--but it's hard to say without knowing your story, and it's surprisingly hard to write until you've been there and seen it for yourself.

You're welcome XD

It might be worth your time to take a look at the National Novel Writing Month's Reference Desk forum. There's a ton of threads on high school and college life, filled with stories and assorted information. Check out the thread index, I guarantee you'll find some threads that might help you!