Aveyond Studios Community
raxo2222

I remember this community being much more alive....

I think it was pretty inactive back on the old site too. A lot of the guild members were busy with real lives so a lot of old members went into hibernation. Now that the site has moved and with the guilds gone, even fewer of the old members are active.

You should see more action when  AV4 is released though, like tiniponi said :)

I think a lot of us from the older, active sites were high school/college age, and that's about when people start falling off the face of the internet. I know that's why a ton of the old guild members (back when there were guild members XD) disappeared.

I know that's why I disappeared for four, five years XD

And the AV hiatus didn't help. There aren't anything new to talk about, and the other developers' games seems to hardly garner much talk around here (plus Aldorlea and Eridani have their own forums too).

Well Amaranth created other games in mean time.

I think a lot of us from the older, active sites were high school/college age, and that's about when people start falling off the face of the internet. I know that's why a ton of the old guild members (back when there were guild members XD) disappeared.

I know that's why I disappeared for four, five years XD

I have to agree. And then, once a handful of your friends dropped off the face of the internet, people were less likely to come on the forums.

Which then made more people less likely to come around.

Still, like others have said, once AV4 is out, there should be a lot more people on the forums.

Perhaps. I myself spend a whole lot of time on tumblr XD I used to be pretty active in the RP community here, but I've moved my base of RP operations over there.

Yikes, I'm one of those guilty of falling off the site! I joined in 2007 and had to leave in 2008 due to my finals, and after that I didn't come back... until Jan 2015, where I signed as my current name because I forgot my old password. I came in to ask a question... and then I disappeared again until Jan this year.

I remember the site BUSTLING with activity back in 2008 when I was known as snowbunnies. We had collegiums, guilds, cottages! Now that was amazing :3 it was really, really unique. Now the forums are just... well, regular forums, I guess. XD The collegiums, guilds, cottages etc were what drew people in, I think.

I remember I joined maybe around...2007, I think? Back when the forum was even more different then the version it changed from a few months ago. I joined under a different account that my dad helped me to create to ask a question about Aveyond 2, good times. I then joined again in 2010, and started being sparsely active when the last Orbs of Magic chapters were released and talk of Aveyond 4 was starting. But yeah, around 2013-2014 I would log on several times a week (I remember I always used to come on here on my iPod touch :P) but there wasn't that much general activity. Although there was more than there is now, I think. That often happens to forums, especially ones based around fandom works - they tend to peter out as the original members who joined when the content was first being created drop off, and as new content becomes sparse.