Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ruffi

What is this world turning into??

true, and this is our reality. Humans have always been very good at adapting to their environment, no matter how hard they make it for themselves. Unfortunately, the top dogs will still be smushing the little ones, and we middle suffer cuz we're not top nor are we worms.

Well, I really have sources that say that the world will be destroyed but it's in a book which I don't own. And those are just theories, I never said that they are true, but I thought that it's better to be safe than sorry.

As for the fashion and other, those were just examples. There are much much many things that people are concentrating on.

We can't know when the world will end, but of course we still should be responsible. Humans have messed up the earth and nature so much. As if it was so difficult to realize that destroying the environment leads to destroying ourselves as well. And there are way too many things that bother me a lot about humanity -_- violence, people being brainwashed by media so easily, restricted thinking, shallowness, messed up relationships, casual sex and cheating, generally lack of thoughfulness and own personality.

In such an insane world it's often difficult to stay true to yourself and your ideals. But althouth it is difficult, it is the thing that makes the life worth living.

QUOTE: Fuu said, "Some from Malay (well sorry bout this, but I really hear it from the news),"

LOL do you mean Malaysia? And yeah, i agree. Malaysia is one of them and being Malaysian, i'm ashamed O_O

since we're on this topic, i would like your opinions... if the world really ends, HOW would it end?

by fire? Water? Hailstones? Diseases?

Speaking as a catholic christian, the bible told of the world, first having the flood (noah and tha arc) and it was said that the world would end in fire....

so i asked my parents, and this is what THEIR opinion is....

illegal logging= more CO2= Less o2= very hot= heat melts ice in N. & S.Pole= we get flooded=

that's what's happening now, isn't it? how scary O_O and i'm just 16. LOL

By fire could mean an asteroid, or Super Volcano going off. Or Nuclear war. We could blow it to Pieces, no doubt. But I am not so sure that will happen.

Just what is the definition of Materialism? To need clothes? Shelter? Food? Transportation? This is not being materialistic. That's survival.

I have never read that the world is going to end. A big battle, to be fought. But not the destruction of the earth, nor of man.

I'm old. But I have hope. And confidence that we will survive. :) You should too.

Not to fear Snow bunnies. Those that love the Lord will be glorified by the same shining brighness of the Lord's presence that destroys evil.

There is no fear in love.

@ Oracle: you have an innate gift of comforting people :)

RE: What is the world turning into???

Honestly, I don't have a firm grasp of what's going on with the world besides the fact that, the world is increasingly being corrupted and abused by its inhabitants. Sad to say, I don't mean to offend anyone but, we all take a part in what's going on in the world. Whether we do something to support what's currently going on or we passively dismiss the events occurring and continue in our selfish ignorance by staying in our own little world.

It would be nice for the world to come together and counteract all the problems human activity has initiated but, people are too caught up in their own life to see what the reality of their future will be in relation to the health of the Earth.

I'm fed up with humans playing god, wanting power and being dismissive or ignorant to important issues in this world, such as these topics being discussed here! Yes, it's human nature to be curious about things but, don't misuse it!!! Honestly, it's like Frankenstein or Prometheus all over again!

Believe it or not, I talk a lot about this stuff with my mother and I always tell her, it would be so awesome if, people would just not worry about money or being on top and see that, it's about helping everyone and that it's benefiting everyone by taking proactive measures to save the Earth or maintain peace among different nations or to get rid of poverty. That at the end of the day it's not about winning or losing, but about working together to complete something better than any individual nation would be capable of doing on their own!

It's just extremely frustrating and ridiculous (no offense), that they aren't able to see this!

And if you want my truest and honest opinion about what the world is turning in to? It'd be this...

I look around and all I see are movies about sex- lust more like, and marriages falling apart, divorces becoming more popular, an obese epidemic occurring, a suicide increase in teenage populations, people striving to have or make more money, young girls being brainwashed to look and be a certain way, technology advancing too quickly which-in my opinion makes us less active and everyone (sorry to offend anyone, btw, I include myself when I say everyone) having too much pride to admit to be at fault or to step down and be the better person, which, I happen to believe is one of the main causes of arguments, maybe even wars, who knows? So in one sentence, it seems to me our world is becoming more sinful in a sense. If you hadn't noticed there are examples for most of the seven deadly sins mentioned previously.

I'm not that religious, I was raised Catholic but I have long since left the Catholic church. However, I am still spiritual and my core beliefs are "loosely" rooted in some Catholic beliefs. So, please don't misinterpret this as criticism coming from a religious point of view, because it's not. I'm simply connecting the dots and pointing them out.

Again, this is only my opinion and my observation of what the world is turning into and I apologize if I have said anything to offend anyone, because that is not my intention.

I don't mean to be harsh but the reality can't always be sugar-coated or else you begin to lose sight of what really is and what isn't.

However, there are many people who are doing what they can to help this planet and the people in it. I volunteer in as many non-profit organizations as I can to try and help out and do my part, but it's not enough. Because there are too many types of issues and many NGOs representing them. Everyone needs to help out and become involved.

Here is a List of all available NGOs that you can look up. Or click on this link: http://www.unodc.org/ngo/ to be redirected to the list of NGOs.

Enough with the seriousness and back to cheeriness!! :D

Cheers!:loving:

NO offense to anyone or anything, but you guys aren't realizing ( one person mentioned this) that some important people and others really do not believe global warming is real. I mean earth always goes through climate changes. And as for no war, and world peace that is flat out impossible. Major religions don't like each other and want to be the dominant religion. Countries flat out want another country to not exist. And as for people caring only for themselves, well it's human nature. And in the US, we are more capitalistic and want to help ourselves. We want to make our own life. Everyone will always predict when earth will supposedly be destroyed, doesn't mean they are true.

Shaz: removed flaming.

as for other thoeries of world destruction, none of them have even a bit of proof except for the greenhouse effect/global warming. people always have some end of the world thoery, theyre conspiracy theorists. but if you dont believe in global warming, come live where i live or explain the recent increase in weather based disasters. there will always be people who deny things just because they think if they ignore it it doesnt exsist and its easier to do nothing.

Weather changes all the time. It's one of the most unpredictable things on the planet. And if you look at the history of the earth, there has been lots of climate changes even before humans existed. Humans populating the planet isn't going to stop the planet from not having a climate change. Bottom line is global warming is a load of crap.

@ Mopiece: then you must not know what global warming is. global warming is an increase in the avereage measured temperature. are you saying that the measured increase in temperature is wrong? oh my, are out thermostats off, what ever shall we do!? unless you are going to start arguing that the all of ours temperature measurements are off, im sad to tell you that unfortunatly youre wrong and you basic arguement has no logical base. whether its a "climate change" makes no difference, the basic bottom line is, the planet is warming up and its causing hell. in your arguement you said that our population isnt going to stop the climate from changing, but its not a far stretch to think that we could actually force the world to form a negative climate change (for us anyways.) i mean hey, global warming might be the best thing that ever happened to out planet, it may wipe our a serious chunk of our population, but maybe thats earths way of fixing something wrong. or we could jsut be screwed and eventually turn our world into something uninhabitable.

Whether you believe me or not is up to you, but if i can convince you to at least do some of your research it would be worth it. dont look at "global warming is not real" and "global warming is real" arguements, look at basic scientific facts, then form your own conclusion.

@ Shaz: sorry about that, got a little excited and annoyed there. Here's the calmed down version:

@ Wolfie_girl: its unfortunate that you see fashion like that. the basis of fashion is being unique and taking whats "in" and popular into something fresh and personal for you. You can be in style and have your own style. I dress well and enjoy fashion, i have a lot of personality and i form my own strong opinions. are you going to tell me that i dont, when i so clearly do? just because you dress well and look good doesnt mean you follow the crowd and are flakey. Its the general opinion of the public that fashion is unorginal and impersonal, does that make you unoriginal for sharing that belief along with the public? because thats what you just said about fashion. You need to realize that there are mindless people in fashion and OUT OF IT. theres always people like that, you can not just pin one group down and generalize about them, im sorry, life doesnt work like that. and when it does, its wrong.

LOL :D ya know...

i have this idea in mind,

what will happen if they put carbon dioxide in space .

maybe, there's a process where Carbon dioxide can separate from the other gases. i don't know if it exist. after separating it why don't they sealed it inside a tank and release it in space. :D it's a bit scary, what if there will be a violent reaction. LOL i'm near the equator! it's really hot in here and sometimes very cold

sorry, dont think that idea will work, gasses spread, and it would take a hell of a large (like a tank as big as out planet XD) tank to put all the carbon dioxide in it, besides, all out plants would die. that would screw us over even worse.

PS. theres many gasses in space, constantly reacting. galaxys colide and form new ones without stars or any planets coliding, the chances of anyhthing bad happaning to that tank would be astronomical, if it was even possible, which its not. :\

When someone says they don't believe in global warming, they don't mean that they don't believe the earth's temperature is changing. They just mean that they don't believe human activities are the main cause.

Yes, some areas of the world are warmer now than they were in the past. However, some areas are colder. You can't just say spot X is a degree warmer than it was ten years ago and conclude the whole world is hotter.

Just enjoy life! let's just pray that during our lifetime (present), our world will not yet be in chaos or in pieces.. anyway, we (humans) were the ones responsible with this catastrophe, so if you want to save our world from shattering, help out in our own simple ways.. this is for the future generations.. let our kids enjoy and experience the good and fresh environment that we once enjoyed!

@Nick yes I realize some places are getting hotter, but that does not mean it is the human race fault. The planet always changes, now is no different. And I do know what global warming is, I'm not stupid. Yes you could say as a stretch global warming was caused byk us. You could also say in a stretch it's a good thing Hurricane Katrina wiped out New Orleans. It doesn't make it right though.