Aveyond Studios Community
juliadomina

Techical problem with Aveyond 4

Hi guys

Aveyond 4 is running slowly on my computer

Charcter walks as if chained down - barely moving(only in few screen they start walking in normal speed)

I thought that problem is common

but I installed it on different pc same operating system with less configirations and it works fine

Please can you help

Some of the proposed solutions were as follows :

1. "before starting into a game (no matter what it might be), it's well-advised to limit activities in the background."

2. "I also noticed Myst tended to move a little faster than Boyle (especially on ladders and stairs) so I often used her as my party leader when things seemed really slow. I also found that quitting and re-opening would eliminate some of the lag for a while."

3. "don't forget to check your graphics processor. The game seemed to run much better on the integrated graphics card compared to my Nvidia 780 for some reason.
If you're using Nvidia, go to control panel and change your aveyond graphics handler to the integrated one."

4. "can be mitigated by using the ReadyBoost caching (https://en.wikipedia...wiki/ReadyBoost) that is supplied by the operating system.  This will not only improve the gaming experience, but will improve performance of your entire system"

5. "I've been having the same problem, with Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM, not sure what my graphics card is. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that this only happens when my laptop is not plugged in.  If it is, it runs fine.  This may not help everyone, but hopefully it helps some."

Really sorry you're having to face the lag but have you tried all these suggestions? :<

I am giving up the game, never had this problem before in any of RPG games. The worst happened when I went to fight Hercules, I went all they way up without a problem, I went around the mages and I got to Hercules. I did saved all steps in different slots,  I want to be ready if I got killed I would have a safe file near to continue. I got killed when Hercules got the gem, when I got back to continue to fight, all my save files on Skull mountain was GONE.....It has been 3 days that I am trying to pass through the mages and I can't no matter what I do or change party. The same happened on the tournament on the last fight, save everything and I lost everything . Re download the games and nothing. My party 55-58 Very very frustrated, angry   :angry:  :(  :o  :huh:  :wacko:  :blink:

It's not a bug, that's for sure. We had a some lag problems during beta-testing but the game runs smoothly on my laptop about 90% of the time now. Really sorry that you're experiencing this though and that I couldn't be of any help x(

I am giving up the game, never had this problem before in any of RPG games. The worst happened when I went to fight Hercules, I went all they way up without a problem, I went around the mages and I got to Hercules. I did saved all steps in different slots,  I want to be ready if I got killed I would have a safe file near to continue. I got killed when Hercules got the gem, when I got back to continue to fight, all my save files on Skull mountain was GONE.....It has been 3 days that I am trying to pass through the mages and I can't no matter what I do or change party. The same happened on the tournament on the last fight, save everything and I lost everything . Re download the games and nothing. My party 55-58 Very very frustrated, angry   :angry:  :(  :o  :huh:  :wacko:  :blink:

I feel you. It's less frustrating for me though since I haven't progressed that much in the game due to this lag issue. 

It's April 2016 now, have you completed the game? Did it run smoothly? Thanks. 

No I haven't finished it yet.

I restarted it on another pc

and it is running smoothly.

But the funny part, i faced 2 other bugs which I checked and still not treated and now i am stuck,

I guess I will restart once again from old save file but will send me back to boyle's experience level 6 :(