Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
CIGAveyond

Skull Mountains

Need Help, just arrived at skull Mountains and there is hercules, but cannot go near him because, when I approach the skull minons, I get defeated. My team are Boyle, Mist, Phye, and Robin. How can I Defeat them. Thanks

The skull minions are the strongest foes you'll meet, no matter which difficulty mode you're on. I was playing on Easy Mode, and I still had a tough time, even with the best armor and weapons. Try to focus the mages first; they're the ones wearing the blue coats. Their spells can be very damaging so you need to take them down with single target spells. If you had Ingrid join the curse coven, you can use her Death Curse spell here. Keep using Robin's protect spell; even if it lasts for just one round, it's very effective.

Yea, I was lucky not to get involved in none of them, because I had run, without fighting them! but now arrived to hercules. Fisrt fight was ok, One Devastation and done dusted, but now the prob is when he uses the Gems. I used 3 times devastations but still not dead haha, plus using lots of demon food haha

When you fight Hercules' demon form, he uses this AoE spell quite a few times, so you need to have Robin's team protect ready to use whenever it's up, and remember to use your tinctura hypericums (there's about 7 in the whole game, I think). Apart from that, I think Rowen has a swordsinger spell that allows her to heal the whole party, but I'm not sure. If you did the mushroom soup quest in Delamere, you can use the mushroom soups to heal too; they heal 100% hp on one person.

Aveyond 3 had Mel as the protagonist. Aveyond 4 was supposed to portray a completely new set of characters :) Mel and company had their screen time :3

I am really struggling with Hercules as well. Does anyone have an opinion on the best party for this battle, and where does the best armor you can have at this point in the game come from?

The Windy Tower can give you some good armor for Ingrid and Myst, I believe. If you found the leather (which should be in the Windy Tower) the leatherworker in Delamere can make some good armor for Boyle, Rowen, and Hi'beru. Phye and Robin can get good armor in Ravwyn.

The best armor for Phye and Robin is in Halaina - you have to bring 3 diamond metals to the special blacksmith.  The best helmets are in Ulrock.  I think the best shield for Robin was a drop from one of the demons.

The party I used in the final battle was Boyle, Robin, Rowen (sword singer), and Hi'beru (healing book).  I've considered swapping Robin for one of the others but I like his team skill with Rowen to supplement Hi'beru's healing.

When I go to Skull Mountain Phye says that "The blade is not strong enough yet" What should I do? What I am missing? Please help me. Thank you

Have you killed Baal yet? He's in Ravwyn, and once you kill him, I think you can enter skull mountains. If you cannot get through to Ravwyn, you'll need to kill Kubaba. He's in a certain cave in the skull plains.

To see how many demons Phye can kill for his blade to reach full strength, go to his profile page and check out the demon hunting page.

I already kill Kubaba, and 2 more, in Ravwyn it won't let me in the protection or whatever is, still up, what should I do?

On his demon hunting page only says go to Ravwyn

Please don't double post. Just use your edit button to add more information to your post.

~Mopiece

On the topic of Skull Mountain, does anyone notice all the treasure bags have exactly 666 gold, the number of the devil?

What level do people recommend challenging Skull Mountain and the boss?  My party is in the mid 40's (on Easy) and I noticed a significant difficulty spike here from enemies doing mainly 1's to 100's per attack, with sweep attacks that deal 100 damage to each character!  It's on par, if not even harder than the master tournament in Tor!

On the flip side monsters here deal insane amounts of XP (around 9,000 per encounter!).  You level up pretty fast here.

I did notice that about the gold.  

Mid to upper 40's is good.  As you said, you level up pretty fast there.  Having the best armor helps and focusing on taking out the mages that use that Ice spell that hits everyone first (that's why I love Rowen's Wind Vale skill - it hits them all for major damage).  My first time, playing on normal I reached the top with levels 54 - 58.  On easy, I was only a bit under that (52 - 56).  I did have a stash of level eggs to use once I reached the top although one playthrough I forgot to actually use them and still did OK in the final battle.

I noticed the mention of Tinctura Hypericum earlier in this thread.  I have 7 of them but when I click on it, nothing happens.  Is there a trick to using them?