Aveyond Studios Community
callmedan

will this forum be maintained ?

There hasn't been any talk of disbanding the forum. And the games will be continued to be sold, so I believe the forum will still run.

I'm glad you said the games will still be sold because I was wondering that, as there are still some AV games and a few others I want to buy. So thank you :).

You're welcome. For those who don't have facebook, or who can't view the facebook page for what ever reason. Here is the post we are referring to.

Hi everyone, I want to give you an update on the state of Amaranth Games. We have lots of big news. (1) We are changing our name to Aveyond Studios. This switch will happen this week. (2) We love making Aveyond, but Aveyond 4 will likely be the last game in the series. In the beginning, Aveyond was a hit. It generated around $500,000 USD in sales. As the years have gone by, the Aveyond games have made less and less. Our last game, in my opinion, was awesome, but sales were the lowest in the series and only made around $30,000. It's not enough for one, let alone two developers to live on. A lot has changed over the years in games and what the general market wants has shifted. It's just the way things are. If you REALLY want another Aveyond game, I'll create a Kickstarter campaign. If it works, great. If not, then that's just the way things are. (3) We are going to lower the price of our older Aveyond games this month. (4) We are switching from game development to tools development. The game industry is very competitive right now and we need a break from the madness. (5) Our main focus is changing, but we won't stop making games. We will still make games in our spare-time. We'll never stop making games because it's what we love, but it will become a hobby. (6) Aveyond.com is going to change from a game portal to our personal company website this month. (7) This is a very looooong post, so if you've read this far, thank you! If you have any questions, please ask and I'll answer them.

(6) Aveyond.com is going to change from a game portal to our personal company website this month.

I saw the post hours after it was posted but I have some confusion/curiosity going on regarding what exactly this means.

Was it not a personal company website before? And does the "changing from a game portal" mean they will not sell games on here anymore? Or is this all just legal stuff?

I saw the post hours after it was posted but I have some confusion/curiosity going on regarding what exactly this means.

Was it not a personal company website before? And does the "changing from a game portal" mean they will not sell games on here anymore? Or is this all just legal stuff?

This forum is more about the games. It's not a personal website. Which is why I don't get how the forums will continue on this domain, since I assume with Amanda going into tools development, this site will be more of a place for people to contact Amanda for any tools they need, etc, unless I'm reading it wrong?

Personal sites are more about the person, or with focus on the person's skills. This is a site to sell games at the moment

Sad to see this happen, but best of luck for the future, wishing Amanda loads and loads of success. 

They will continue to sell games. And they will continue to make games, but that won't be their main focus.

I am back after 3 years. I miss the previous Forum where we able to earn golds, join guilds (i.e. druids, dragon lord, witches and warlocks etc), build awesome cottages. Now this forum changed much. Doesn't matter it discontinued or not.