Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tei

Post Length Limit?

Hello hello,

I was wondering if some kind of post length limit has been added recently. I've been trying all afternoon to answer this thread. But for some reason, I couldn't post my answer in one post. I had to break it into four posts to get the forum to not crash. Editing the initial post to add more didn't work either.

Initially, when I tried to submit the long posts, I would hit the button, it would load for a moment and then do nothing. After a couple more tries, page refresh, etc, it would load for a long while. If I closed and reopened the forum, it would tell me it couldn't connect and I couldn't get on for a few hours at a time.

I don't know if there was maintenance going on or something, or if it was some strange bug, but I figured I'd call it to attention. I'm using Firefox on Windows 8.1, if that's at all relevant.

As for as I know, there is no post length limit. However, something is going on, because it wouldn't let me merge the posts. I'm not sure what the problem is though, since I only got some generic error.

Hi Tei, I was able to post long fics in a single post (2k-3k words) in "Tell Stories", just wanted to let you know. Could it be a subforum problem?