Aveyond Studios Community
rosetyler

Aveyond Cosplays

Anyone here has done cosplay of any Aveyond characters? I'm so curious! 

I've seen some lovely cosplays of Te'ijal, Iya and Mel on Tumblr. And there's one Rhen too, but in progress! 

rashnu_the_dark_by_teiraven-d3f752y.jpg

Ancient closet cosplay of Rashnu! Some people have commented that "how is that a closet cosplay" and my answer is "you haven't seen the contents of my closet."

I am, slowly but surely, assembling this for real. (Approximately eight years later--my, how time flies.) I finally have a proper black robe (the one pictured here is approximately 576281 years old and only reached my knees XD) However, that wig is no longer the proper length for Rashnu--I've since started lengthening it for a different cosplay, but I haven't gotten very far. Maybe I'll pull out the one weft I've put in and make the extensions clip-in, so I can still use it short like this XD

Omgomg Tei!

I'M FANGIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!! RASHNU!!! We have a Druid cosplayer! You look amazing and yes I was JUST about to say, "closet cosplay??" you rocked it! It's amazing!! XD Are you gonna add fangs? heh

callmedan, wow nice!! Is the cosplayer going to continue?

There's this one i'm excited about. This cosplayer is in the midst of making her Rhen outfit, but check out the hair! (x)

Here's the Iya Tiki cosplay I was talking about! (x)

And wow, NOW I really want to cosplay a character too. Most probably Mel! Her outfit's the most simple! :P (If you don't count Stella)

That Rhen wig is gorgeous, ohhhhh my goodness. I love gradient wigs. I'll have to keep an eye on that, I want to see the finished result! (I remember when I first discovered that there was an Aveyond fandom on tumblr. I was so shocked and delighted XD)

Maaaaaaaan though, that costume is SO OLD. It was probably slightly less old than I initially thought. I didn't get that wig til sophomore year of high school, maybe even junior. But that's still a solid six years old, and never mind how old the pieces I assembled it from were XD (I think I made that robe in third or fourth grade, oops.) I haven't really pursued making the new one too much, because most of the conventions I go to are in the middle of the summer and HAHAHAHA ALL BLACK IN JULY. Been there, done that, and lol nope never again. But the new robe is done, at least. Wonder if I have enough material for the vest thing? /shifty eyes.

Oh man, the Rhen wig is awesome! And Tei, your Rashnu cosplay rocks. Actually all of these are amazing. And it makes me happy to see an Iya cosplay, since she's one of my favorite characters and Aveyond 2 is vastly underappreciated.

One day I'm determined to cosplay Yemite - maybe next year when I'm in college and my parents can't judge me :P My skin is a little too light and I'm not sure how I'd do the tail and horns, but I think it would be generic fantasy enough that I could reuse the cosplay at a convention or Halloween and no one would be confused :D

It would be pretty awesome (although noone would know what characters they are, but I like that these games aren't widely known), but I don't have the dedication to put time and money into trying to make a costume.

Last week I participated in a Star Wars event and I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have a costume for the next year (there were several people in costumes), but in the end I know I can't bring myself to make it. (also it would be an even more painful process considering I don't know how to sew).