Aveyond Studios Community
rosetyler

Feature To Edit Thread Title Disabled?

Hello! I remember back on the old site, we could edit our thread's titles, take the fic writers for example: we could add (Updated! 31/5!) <<< or something like that to our thread titles.

Is that feature disabled on the current site? If it is, coolios, no worries! But just wanted to know. Thanks in advance!

i realised my title on my fic thread was a bit misleading and i only realised after a few posts and comments have been made eek

Click Edit on the first post of your topic.  Then, click on the "Use Full Editor" button near the bottom.  That will let you edit the title.

Click Edit on the first post of your topic.  Then, click on the "Use Full Editor" button near the bottom.  That will let you edit the title.

Hi Argoyle! Thanks for the help! I did that and clicked "Submit" but there was no change. Wondering if the change had to be filtered by an admin or a mod...?

But thank you again, learned something new today!

Hmmm, I just changed (and unchanged) the title to this topic with no problem, but that may be because I'm a moderator.  I guess we'll need another member to try and change one of their titles.

Hi Argoyle! Thanks for the help! I did that and clicked "Submit" but there was no change. Wondering if the change had to be filtered by an admin or a mod...?

But thank you again, learned something new today!

Hmmm, I just changed (and unchanged) the title to this topic with no problem, but that may be because I'm a moderator.  I guess we'll need another member to try and change one of their titles.

I can change the title with no problem 

Ooooh okay! Thanks Argoyle and callmedan.

Argoyle, if callmedan was able to change his' then I suppose it's not because you're a mod. I'll try again and see. But if it's still not editable then I'll just leave it be... it's just a small issue after all xD

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aveyond Kingdom

Rosetyler, if you can't get it to work using the FULL EDITOR feature, then it is a glitch.  If you want, one of us moderators can change it for you if you let us know the topic you need changed and what you want the title changed to.

Rosetyler, if you can't get it to work using the FULL EDITOR feature, then it is a glitch.  If you want, one of us moderators can change it for you if you let us know the topic you need changed and what you want the title changed to.

Thank you tiniponi, that's very kind of you! I tried to change it again, but the minute I click "Submit Modified Post" it just kicks me out of Tell Stories and into the main forum, lol. And when I re-enter to check on the title, it still remains the same. XD

My thread title is rosetyler's Assorted AV1 One Shots and I was trying to change "One Shots" to "Short Fics". 

Thank you again, everyone, for assisting me in this tiny issue of mine <3

I tried all sorts of things early this morning to change it.  I even tried moving it to another forum, but it still didn't change.  However, instead of dumping me back into Tell Stories like rosetyler reports. it dumped me back to the entire forum index.  Then the entire forum site went down with a 503 error.  I kept trying to load pages but it insisted not on loading anything, so I gave up for the morning.  I was going to report it so Amanda/Bryce would see it.  Hopefully doing that now will get the issue resolved.

So ... reporting this now, but not as a report on the poster, but on the glitch.

rosetyler's topic link

In trying to get it re-titled, I even considered having Rosetyler start a new topic with just the title and  very short first post, then trying to merge the two topics for her/him.  However, since the topic is glitchy, I was afraid it might lose the topic entirely in transition, so I decided to not try that, unless as a last resort.

XD that thread must either be haunted... or it must hate me!

Anyways I think I'll leave it as it is. "One shots" counts as "Short fics" right :P

But thanks so much Tiniponi! And thanks for reporting! Although I feel I shouldn't burden Amanda/Bryce with such an issue (pretty sure they're busy right now)

You're very welcome.  I don't know when Amanda or Bryce will get to it, since they have had a lot on their plates lately, especially with Bryce's health.

Thank you for your patience and positive attitude.  :)

!!!!!! So many people involved just to change my thread title... I feel so bad right now >_< thank you all so much!

Aisling, when you say mod-only, do you mean non-mods like me will have to go through mods/admins if they want their thread titles changed in the future?

So anyways I guess we can close this thread now! I'm so happy, thank you Aisling, Argoyle, Tiniponi and callmedan :D

No, indeed. Thank YOU for bringing this issue up for our attention!

Yes, unfortunately if you need a title change for this particular topic, you'll have to ask a mod to help you with it. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out what the issue is with this topic so that it won't happen again in the future!

I unlocked this thread to stress that it seems to be only that one thread that seems to have a problem.  As far as we know, that is the only one, but there may be others lurking out there.  LOL

So, if you want one of your thread's title changed you should be able to do it yourself.  If you do come across another that you can't change, please let us mods know.  :)

locking thread again now