Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
bleepyh

I'm sorry but this game is just too slow. (Walking speed etc.)

I haven't gotten past the first area of the game yet because it's just too slow to handle. I'm very confused because I've more than passed the system requirements with flying colors.

I've come here to share what I've been experiencing, and what the suggested things to do to remedy this did not really help at all.

The walking speed is my #1 complaint. It seems that the lead character has been glued to the floor and has barely the strength to move. Another is the speed of the dialogues, it's very veryyyyy sluggish. 

I've been researching, and browsing through the forums here as to what might this be, and what are the solutions to this problem, only to find out that there is no concrete explanation and no surefire solution to the problem. Topics that have been started by those experiencing this are not active anymore. It's either they gave up or they found a working solution but forgot to share. 

Some things I've tried. 

#1. ReadyBoost. This seems to be the go to solution. It seemed to work but still significantly sluggish. 

#2. Closed all running programs in the background. There are literally no programs running in the background as I play Aveyond 4. I even resorted to turning off the internet connection just to make sure that no programs are running in the background. 

#3. Turned off Graphics and Audio Effects. 

#4. I even resorted to using the Speedhack feature of CheatEngine 6.4 to speed the game up (which I know is heavily disapproved of here. I'm desperate, give me a break). 

Ummm. Help? Please? Been a solid gamer of your games since Ahriman's Prophecy, this is the only time I've encountered this problem.  :blink:

Unfortunately this is a problem some members have, and one the developers had a difficult time fixing. You can have a look at this thread, but I think you've already tried the suggestions made.

Unfortunately this is a problem some members have, and one the developers had a difficult time fixing. You can have a look at this thread, but I think you've already tried the suggestions made.

I purposely waited 3 months + to download and play this game so that all the bugs and issues like this would be ironed out. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer again for this thing to be solved.  <_<