Aveyond Studios Community
flavie

Tips to all play at once. What happens with Hi'beru and Phye?

I've seen there are 3 covens and 3 bachelors. I'm in my 1st playthrough, normal mode, choosing Boyle as I didn't want to wait being in front of the cookies lady.
I might replay to see the interactions choosing Phye and Hiberu, being a bother to replay all the game, is it doable to replay without doing the side quests to go faster?
Other tips would be the goodies caves, even playing easy. Speedy shoes would be cool here.
Other tips to play faster?

Envoyé de mon P023 avec Aveyond Kingdom

I don't believe you have to do anything regarding the Nightwatch quests in order to complete the game, so skipping over all that will definitely save some time.

I'll see if I can avoid all sidequests. Is it worthy to see Ingrid's dialogue with Phye and Hi'beru? Do we really have to choose one cookie, one pendant at the expert tournament ? it would be good to gather all attraction points , save and choose at the end

You really do have to choose one, but you can put off doing the things that get you the attraction points until the last minute.  So, save just before going up the last mountain, go get your attraction points, and come back to finish the game.  Then you'll only need to restore to that point, get the attraction points for the other person and only have the final mountain to do over again.  Don't forget there's another ending when Ingrid doesn't have the necessary attraction points for anyone - I thought that one actually fit the characters the best even though my favorite was pairing her with Hi'beru.  

You can actually put off the coven quests til the end as well.  You don't have to join a coven at all, but the quests they come up with are very entertaining and it's definitely worth trying them all out.  They are the sidequests that probably take up the most time as there's a lot of walking back and forth in those.  

You do have to balance the time saved skipping the sidequests with the benefits you get from doing them.  For example, while you can skip the Windy Tower completely, that means you won't be able to get the best armor for most of your characters which will make battles more difficult (and may make the game longer than if you had just gone ahead and done the tower to begin with).  Most of the sidequests don't really take any extra time at all and can be completed while doing main quests (particularly the ones on the notice boards as you'll likely be fighting the necessary battles anyway).  Just knowing where to go and how to solve the puzzles is what speeds the game up the most. 

As I've already done Boyle cookies, I'm stuck with Boyle but thanks for the advice!

Being able to keep the attraction points for the"last moment" means there's no sentences linked to the flirt chosen along the game... so are there specific dialogue with the bachelor only at the attraction points, and a wedding at the end?

Well, you can still use that to get the no wedding ending if you want - just save before making the love potion for Boyle (which can be put off until you reach the top of the final mountain since Ingrid can use her broom).  Even if you have all the points necessary, you won't get the wedding if you don't make the potion.  

Actually, you may be able to get the others as well if you've only given the cookies to Boyle.  While Boyle does require all the possible attraction points, I was able to buy the recipe for Hi'beru when I had only four points.  Of course, I hadn't given any points to the others - I just hadn't gotten that final point yet.  I don't know if it's the same for Phye, but it might be worth a shot if you really don't want to replay the entire game right away.  

The only dialog changes are when getting the attraction points and the wedding itself; so, you don't miss anything by putting off getting the points.

Ok, I can't check right now but I think I just did the cookies, I've talked to the cookies lady after it and she said she can't do more cookies so I fear it's too late as all 3 need a cookies point. We can't see the attraction points in the character'status

Envoyé de mon P023 avec Aveyond Kingdom

If you go into Ingrid's Witchery menu, you can see the attraction points.

Yes, Hi'beru and Phye require less attraction points, so if you've only done the cookie so far, you may still be able to get enough points for the others.

Argoyle, you're right, I'm still able to save attraction points LATER in the game, to do as Hunterrese said. :D

I've the guide, to help a bit players without pasting the bachelors part, Boyle needs 7 points, Hi'beru and Phye 5, some keywords are : crab, pendant, biscuits, stone.. which one  :)

I liked the ending with Hiberu the best also. Still, when I played at the hardest level I left Ingrid a spinster and the ending was a hoot.

Yes, you need to return to Windshire. Take the raft back to Whisper Woods. The portal to Aveyond is still open in Whisper Woods.

I've used a save to end with no pair and with Boyle. Then I loaded from a previous file to do another coven. Finally I don't want to use another coven and I'm lazy to redo the snow cave and Skull Mountain to see Ingrid marry with Hi'beru and Phye.

If some of you have done these, could you tell me what happens/ what Raven Lord and Ingrid say at the wedding in link with the bachelor, please? in spoiler... :)