Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
tuskel

How do you pronounce Aveyond?

I always pronounced it like Ayy-vee-yond, but my friend pronounced it the way Argoyle did. That way probably makes more sense, because it follows the same pronunciation as 'Avalon' :P

Aaah-vee-ond or Aaah-vee-yond. "Aaah" like the indignant squawking sound you make when you're startled, as opposed to "ahh" like when you understand something. Which is probably what Argoyle said, considerably more gracefully than I did XD

Thias I say as "th-I-iss." "Th" as in "thick," "I" as in the letter and "iss" as in "hiss."

This reminds me of the old character name pronunciation thread. I don't think we did ever reach a consensus on how to pronounce "Nanghaithya" xD

EDIT: "Shaelnir" would be "shale-near" for me too ^.^

Oooh there was a voice meme thing going around on Tumblr a while ago and some people took up the challenge of pronounciating all the aveyond names (Elini's full name was... omg) it was hilarious!

Anyways I pronounce Aveyond as ayy-vuh-yond and Thais as Th-ah-is (Thailand minus the land and add an 's') xD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aveyond Kingdom

I laughed out loud at that XD I always glossed over the pronunciation in my head the first time I played, but then someone on here said they thought it was supplied to be pronounced Nang-hi-thee-uh and it stuck.

Ehhh, I always just called him Na-ga-tha-NYE-uh. XD Just looking at the word, it might be something like "Nayn-guy-EE-thee-uh" or possibly "Nang-eye-thigh-uh" or like you're saying, "Nang-hi-thee-uh."

Well here how I pronouce évyond,

Thais th voiceless, "a" openly like the french a

Shaenlir like chénl^ .

To understand how I'v written I'm french and I've learned english phonetics.

Envoyé de mon P023 avec Aveyond Kingdom