Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
DuckWhisperer

Aveyond 4 Error: Nether Line 54

I'm running Aveyond 4 on Windows 10 through VirtualBox on my Macbook Air. The second time I opened the game, a pop-up appeared saying:

Script 'Nether' line 54: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'dispose' for nil:NilClass

Then the game closes.

I tried moving my save files. Nothing changed. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing changed. 

I tried deleting the save files. Nothing changed. 

I'm really frustrated that I went through the trouble of running Windows on my Mac and just recently fixed a pop-up about DirectX Audio, but the technical difficulties keep coming. 

How do I fix or get rid of this error so I can play Aveyond 4?

I am having a similar problem, with the same error and same attempts at fixing, with Aveyond 1 and 2 (and presumably would happen with all the other ones).  All of the games have previously played fine on my computer and the only major change since they were fine is that I have Windows 10.  I am not a Linux person and do not have a Mac, so switching to either of those will not work for me.

Is there anything else that can be done?

To get some old Windows software working on newer systems, I've had to run a virtual Windows machine and install the software there.

I don't know if you would want to go that far, but you could install a virtual WindowsXP machine within Windows 10 and then install the games in the WindowsXP world.

I am having a similar problem, with the same error and same attempts at fixing, with Aveyond 1 and 2 (and presumably would happen with all the other ones).  All of the games have previously played fine on my computer and the only major change since they were fine is that I have Windows 10.  I am not a Linux person and do not have a Mac, so switching to either of those will not work for me.

Is there anything else that can be done?

You couldn't possibly be having the Nether error on Aveyond 1 and 2... those scripts are not present in those games. Can you confirm the exact error message? Also, can you try running the game in compatibility mode?

AFAIU, Aveyond (all of them) works under Windows 10 (they run on my laptop)

Opps...sorry about that. I saw the line 34 and clearly failed to fully compare beyond that.

The error I'm getting is: Script 'Window_SaveFile line 34: EOFError occurred. End of file reached."

I can delete save files, usually the autosave file, and sometimes it fixes it, but then it will happen again a couple minutes later.