Aveyond Studios Community
moonpeace

Aveyond Holiday Gift Exchange

On Tumblr a few years back, there was an Aveyond Secret Santa type exchange, in which Aveyond fans exchanged gifts around December-January time. Since I loved this idea so much, I asked the original creator of the exchange for permission to run it this year, and she said yes! 

The original exchange was only on tumblr, but I've decided to cross-post here to expand the base to more fans who don't use tumblr, such as myself. The premise of the exchange is this:

If you're interested, reblog the tumblr post at http://aveyondwinterexchange.tumblr.com or state your interest here by December 1 (although I may extend the deadline depending on how many people sign up by then) and include your favorite Aveyond characters, ships, and any other relevant info that would give people an idea of what you'd like. All participants will be put into a drawing and given someone to make a gift for. That can be fan art, fanfic, fanmixes, edits, etc. - whatever you’re good at, as long as it’s Aveyond-related and can be shared over the Internet! Gifts would probably be due a month or two later, but again, that would depend on how quickly you guys would be able to get them done :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here or on the tumblr. I'd really love to get several people to sign up because I love this fandom so much and love whenever fans create new content for it!

I'd love to do this!! My favourite AV character is a toss up between Te'ijal and Mel and my favourite pairing in the best crack pairing ever MelxGyendal! :D

I love writing fanfics and I'm sure I could write a good one for whoever I get. (But can I make a request not to get any femslash or m/m slash? I'm not comfortable writing for that particualar fan genre)

Also, would you like me to spread the word on DeviantArt? There's a pretty decent sized Aveyond fan community on there and I'm sure I could get at least one person's attention:)

Thank you! I have a couple of fandoms I'm into that have a lot of slash obsession and I'm still figuring out what's popular in the AV fandom and what isn't so I just wanted to make mention.

I did it!! Here are the links to where I featured your Contest :) One is on my personal profile and the other one is on my Aveyond Group :D

http://queen-of-ice101.deviantart.com/journal/Aveyond-Holiday-Gift-Exchange-648075624

http://aveyond-kingdom.deviantart.com/journal/Aveyond-Holiday-Gift-Exchange-648076675

That's awesome! Hopefully we can get some people from there :)

Just to up the number of people (plus I'm just greedy, lol) I guess I'll enter the gift exchange myself :P

My favorite characters are Iya, Yemite, Ava, and Nicolas; my favorite ships (both OTP and brOTP) are Mel/Edward, Mel/Yemite, Elini/Te'ijal, Ean/Iya, and any combination or all three of Ava/Nicolas/Gavin.

This sounds interesting! I'd like to enter. Hmm... It seems I'm good at nothing but ruining things :lol:

I'd like something related to Nox & Uma. They're so cute XD

I have no ideas what I could do to make a gift. Maybe I'll draw something XD

P/S: Can you explain the rules again (as simple as possible)? I don't really get it XD My English is getting worse XD

Yay, more people! ;D

The rules are basically this: Interested people should say what Aveyond relationships or characters they like, so the person making your gift knows what to make. Around December 1 I'll randomly assign everyone who signed up someone else to write or draw a gift for. And sometime in January everyone will submit their fanworks to me and I'll post them and reveal who the gift is meant for :) Do you understand better now?

Btw, we now have 8 people including me signed up :D I'm really excited we got a decent sized group to do this!!

Yay, more people! ;D

The rules are basically this: Interested people should say what Aveyond relationships or characters they like, so the person making your gift knows what to make. Around December 1 I'll randomly assign everyone who signed up someone else to write or draw a gift for. And sometime in January everyone will submit their fanworks to me and I'll post them and reveal who the gift is meant for :) Do you understand better now?

Btw, we now have 8 people including me signed up :D I'm really excited we got a decent sized group to do this!!

Oh :o I got it! XD Thank you!

Please tell me I'm not too late to sign up T.T I've been MIA for far too long sighs

Pretty sure everyone knows my fave pairing <3 Rhen x Lars!

Anyways I can write one-shots or short fics :D

Sent from my vivo V3Max using Aveyond Kingdom

AHhhh no you're not too late! I'm so happy you could sign up :D

That's 10 people! I'm going to extend signups until the end of the week, and then I'll PM everyone their assignments. Does everyone think a month is a reasonable length of time, or is that too little?

WHY ON EARTH HAVE'NT I SEEN THIS B4!! sorry got a bit carried away. I want 2 join 2 (hpe its nt late)

My fav characters r: rhen, lars, te'ijal, nox & uma, mel.

Fav pair: rhen x lars

I dnt hav any talents T_T. bt mayb i can try 2 write a fanfic or so.

Week? Do you mean month XD

And yep, just in case any more people decide to sign up last minute (in light of the two sign ups today ;) ), I will be sending out assignments at the beginning of next week: Sunday, December 4. Make sure to check your PMs, and if you have a problem with your assignment for some reason (i.e. you need an extension due to life events, you haven't played the game your person requested characters from), please notify my as soon as possible! Thank you all for signing up :D

Okay people, the final week is up - it's time to get this party started! I will now be messaging everyone their assignments - just so I know the PM goes through, please respond back confirming that you got the message and that there aren't any problems. The tentative due date is one month from now - January 5, 2017. Everyone please try as hard as you can to get your gifts completed by then, but I completely understand that sometimes life gets in the way. Regardless, give me an update if you haven't finished by the deadline so I know how long to extend it for. When the time comes I'll probably make a thread for the exchange gifts and everyone can post them there :D

Happy holidays and happy gifting!