Aveyond Studios Community
Queen-of-Ice101

Queen-of-Ice101's Art and Headcannons!

Hello all!

So I'm starting this topic for sharing my art(lol well that's what they call it) and my headcannons with fellow Aveyond fans :) 

For those of you who don't know what headcannons are it's when you take a cannon storyline and come up with thoughts about character interactions or explanations for background situations that fit within the original cannon storyline.

I've never actually attempted to do something like this before so I'd really like to get feedback on what you guys think of my headcannons and the art that will eventually begin to be posted.

Hopefully you all enjoy!!

aveyond_headcannon__1_by_queen_of_ice101

So this is my first headcannon ever! The headcannon is one I came up when I was thinking about some of the different temples built in the Eastern Isle that we came across in Darkthrop Prophecy, and this was born!!

(Background image was not made by me! Only what is written on the background)

aveyond_headcannon__2_by_queen_of_ice101

This headcannon is dedicated to explaining why the nymphs ended up on Aia when the Druids vanished:) The next headcannon will be dedicated to explaining where the nymphs went for Aveyond 3 marking the end of my unplanned little three-part series. After that I have many random ideas that shall be shared with you....eventually :P

Haha I thought it was a fun addition. I haven't ever been able to play the original Ahriman's Prophecy so I don't know what their character dynamic really is but between the couple of fanshipping things I've seen for them and the tiny amount of interaction I've seen from them in AV1 I thought it would be a fun little thing:)

aveyond_headcannon__3_by_queen_of_ice101

This is part three of my unplanned headcannon trilogy, just to wrap up and explain the vanishing of the nymphs by Aveyond 3.

On a sidenote, I have a holiday themed bit of Aveyond fanart in progress so I'm hoping to post that sometime before christmas :)

a_merry_aveyond_christmas__by_queen_of_i

So this is my AV holiday themed bit of fanart^_^

I started it while working on something for the Aveyond Holiday Gift Exchange because I was hitting mini writers block and this ended up being really quite helpful for clearing the block as it allowed me to clear my mind and just let my mind wander and come up with the full idea for my giftmeow.gif

I totally loved drawing Mel in the middle, her reaction is so much fun!! Chibi Mel is my new favourite thing to draw, oh the posssabilities of outlandish expressionsmwahaha.gif

I also really enjoyed drawing Te'ijal's dress. She is seriously badass and her clothing is freaking awesome!!! I want that dress in shirt formbiggrin.gif Galahad wasn't anything special drawing wise. I figured that he probably wouldn't bother with armour for a christmas celebration anymore then Edward would so I tried to draw him in a basic outfit that I figured it would be plausible for him to wearshrug2.gif  
Te'jal is using him as a armrest/leaningpost/cuddlegiver because well....she's Te'ijal and from what we saw of her in the game I doubt she has any concept of personal space. As for why he's letting her be so up close and personal? Well they are married, so he would have gotten used to her eventually and as long as she wasn't tormenting him or suggesting he ate a human and he was in a generally okayish mood, somehow I really don't see him caring much either way.

And Gyendal...la.gif  lol there was no real reason I put him in there other then because I am a crackshipper and he is one of my favourite characters due to the dark sarcasm and devious nature they showed us in our short cutscenes with him. Drawing him was rather a pain though since I have nothing but a really tiny 2 centimetre tall sprite to base my design off of for this drawing, which was supposed to align with their cannon character designs for the most part. And then there is his hair. *sigh* So when I was doing the outline for him I added in a bunch of awesome detailing to his hair, but then it dawned on me that his hair is black....the same colour as the outline.ohmygod.gif So I got creative and used my silver to try and create at least some definition in his hair, but now it looks like someone dumped a bucket of glitter on his head and he wasn't able to get it all out. Not exactly what I was going for...ashamed2.gif Lol we'll just say he has tinsel in his hair.

Edward and Stella were...meh. Sigh, I like them well enough and their pairing kind of reminds me of Iya and Ean from Aveyond 2 so I love their pairing, but they are boring as all getout to draw. I would have had more fun drawing Stella if I was doing this digitally but because I'm doing this version traditional I wasn't able to get the shading and colour affect I wanted for hersaddummy.gif

49eeac33fa4007d1d49e7f87335581ab-datu4jc

So this is my random fifteen minute headcannon for New Years Eve lol. I was grumpy and tired because I was waiting for the police to clear out the New Years parties close by so that I could go to bed and actually sleep without the background track of shouting and general chaos, and I wrote this to pass the time :)

Upon posting this to DeviantArt I realized that this reads more like a fanfic then it does a headcannon....oops.... so I'll be submitting the actual written story to the story topic as well.

Hope you guys enjoyed by exhaustion induced randomness lol :D

I love the Christmas fan art! Mel looks so cute!

And your headcanons do a good job of explaining the discrepancies between games. I always thought the nymphs deserved more explanation :P

I'm glad you liked it! Haha, Mel was definitely my favourite part of drawing that. Chibi Mel is just so adorable!!

Yeah, it always drove me nuts how there was never a explanation for the nymphs, why they had replaced the druids and what caused them to have vanished by the third Aveyond Saga. I'm glad you enjoyed the headcannons :)

So recently I got interested in character aesthetics, I loved the idea of translating characters into images and short phrases and decided that I wanted to try that for Aveyond. Currently I have aesthetics for the core AV3 Party characters excluding Lydia who I may or may not ever put the effort into a aesthetic for lol, and including Gyendal since he was technically a main character since he was the main villain for three of the four games.

I eventually hope to do all the characters from AV1, AV2, and AV4 as well, but I decided to start with my favourite game storyline first^_^

First up is the character aesthetic for Mel. I love this shade of blue so finding the images that stayed within a specific colour scheme was fun for me. I hope that all the pictures and sayings make sense but if your curious about one make sure to ask so I ca clarify. I'm always happy to talk about my random stuff :D

mel_darkthrop_by_queen_of_ice101-datv66a

This is my Gyendal aesthetic. This was probably my favourite one to put together for the sole reason that I adore the first picture on the right :D The detail is amazing and I love dark macabre images like that so I was quite pleased to have found it :) Hope you guys like it!

gyendal_ravenfoot_by_queen_of_ice101-dat

This is the Stella Aesthetic. I enjoyed this one quite a bit, but for a different reason then the others. My little sisters favourite character is Stella, a couple of years ago she was finally able to play the games without help and the entire time she kept Stella as her lead so she was really excited to see the Stella aesthetic which made it much more fun to put together when I had a eager audience^_^

080012adb74f55fa7c887dbd0990e134-datv3of