Aveyond Studios Community
Queen-of-Ice101

Queen-of-Ice101's Art and Headcannons!

by_fates_design__an_aveyond_fanart__by_q

I finally did a MelxGyendal fanart!!! WOOT!! And it's even in regular manga/anime style! I am on a roll!!

Honestly, this is probably the hardest piece I've done digital art and AV fanart wise to date. I haven't done regular anime/manga style art in quite a while so this took quite a bit to do but it was worth the time spent, since I'm super happy with the finished product. I definitely need to work on shading, body porportion, and making the characters appear more 3D but overall I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.

I'm especially pleased by how the hands turned out. Hands are my artistic Achilles heel, I seriously suck at them and it takes hours sometimes to get them right. Hence the reason my chibis do not have hands, because trying to chibi-ify hands is like handing me a chisel and saying I have a day to carve a new face into Mount Rushmore and it has to actually look like a regal face, it just isn't gonna happen.
Aaaanyway, to not only draw hands in a more complicated position then just hanging there was hard enough, but to have them holding hands and holding them in a way that I could not find a reference pic for to save my life was freaking hard!!! I nearly threw my sketchbook multiple times and the indent on the paper where the hands were from drawing and erasing them so many times became almost impossible to draw on blankstare.gif BUT I PREVAILED!!!!! And while the hands aren't the best, they still look like hands and that is a great achievement for mehappybounce.gif

This piece was a offshoot of my "because my logic says so" fanfic headcannon from Shadows of My Twisted destiny with Mel and Gyendal being tied together with the red string of fate. The portal/magic symbol is from TDP where Gyendal was shot into the Demon Realm portal and because of the string Mel is forced to follow him through the portal and into the Demon Realm.

For anyone who might not be able to read the script font on the drawing, what it says is: Out of all the creatures in Aia, I was bound to you. The red string of fate tying our destinies together, never to be broken or cut regardless of time, place, or circumstance. No matter how tangled the string becomes we will walk the path of life side by side, for all eternity.

I was actually serious and poetic for this! Yay me!!! Lol, you know your obsessed when you can create serious out of crack pairingsrazz.gif Now I just need to do one pre-Gyendal is now a human so that I can create crackier crackpairing stuffs. Maybe I'll do something for the Shattered Truths mini I wrote... then I can draw vampire Gyendal and play around with that.

Aaaaannyyway, I finally finished this and I'm finally getting to share it so happy me!!! Comments and critique/suggestions on how to improve is always welcome:)

NOW....... BASK IN THE GLORIES OF ZEE AWESOMEST CRACKPAIRING!!woohoo.gif

I AM BASKING. LOOK HOW ROMANTIC THEY ARE <3333 I love Gyendal's swishy red cloak, and the shading on Mel's pants is really stinkin' amazing!! I also love Gyendal's braid, it fits XD

I understand the difficulty with the hands!! It's hard enough to draw hands doing nothing, but when you try to make them hold other hands... the worst!! But they look very adorable here ^_^

And the red string is the perfect addition!!

I love it! Even in the short amount of time you've been posting your Aveyond fanart, the evolution is evident. I love how this ties into your fic and the headcanon behind it and ugh just everything about it

Really?? I'm so happy to hear that my development is noticeable!! I'm always working to improve my work so I'm happy to hear that it's working^__^ Thank you!!!! I'm glad that you like it and that it fits perfectly with the story development :D

I AM BASKING. LOOK HOW ROMANTIC THEY ARE <3333 I love Gyendal's swishy red cloak, and the shading on Mel's pants is really stinkin' amazing!! I also love Gyendal's braid, it fits XD

I understand the difficulty with the hands!! It's hard enough to draw hands doing nothing, but when you try to make them hold other hands... the worst!! But they look very adorable here ^_^

And the red string is the perfect addition!!

Yaaaaasss!!! I'm glad you like the cloak!! Honestly, that's probably the best I've ever done digitally on clothing and I was so excited when it worked out:D Thanks!! Her pants were hard!! The first attempts at shading I did made it look like she had wet herself which was reeeeaaallly not what I was going for O_o I'm glad it works!! I did the braid because if you look at the Gyendal and Spook sprite it looks lIke he has a braid, and it gave more texture to his hair.

I'm glad the hands worked:D YAS!! I debated putting the string in because I didn't want to overdo it but finally decided to just go with my insitict and I'm super glad I did, it's the perfect final touch to tie it completely into my fanfic!

Omg these are so cute! And an amaizing author and a fantastic artist? I think you rock! Btw I 'm Rodania that reads your fanfictions! Always a supporter of you! ♡♡

Aw thank you so much!! I really, really appreciate your saying that^__^ Haha when I saw your user name I was like "yus!", I was actually going to send you a message on ff.net to ask if you knew about Aveyond.com when I finished here!! Thank you so much, it's amazing to hear that people are willing to support my work <3

I really like the Mel x Gyendal one. Just imagine, Rhen x Ahriman.  :blink: I'm going to try that.

Thank you!! I'm glad you like it^__^ LOL now there's a crack pairing, haha you're gonna try to do something for that? Haha I don't ship them, but I would definitely check that out!!

Thank you Moonpeace, Mu11berry, Rodania, and Scrivener of the Gods for commenting!! I really appreciate it, you guys are the best<3

There was a forumer on here who a long time ago shipped Rhen x Agas

Oh I know her!! D_A right? I follow her work on DeviantArt, her crackpairing has got to be the most creative one I've come across thus far. Definitely unique!!

Who's D_A?

Daeva_Agas, she was a memeber on here who used to be really active and drew a lot of Aveyond fan art and crackshipped a lot

Like Moonpeace said, she was a really active fan on here. Her stuff is all up on DeviantArt now, you should check it out if you ever get the chance :)http://angelerenoir.deviantart.com/

So this isn't Aveyond fanart....buuuut I wanted to post it anyway because this is easily the best work I've done so far and I want to shoooooooooooww it!  woohoo.gif

I'm totally justifying my show-and-tell that nobody asked for because It's gonna be my profile picture now and thus it's technically got something to do with the site dummy.gif

ice_fey__by_queen_of_ice101-db9h1wd.png

So unlike the picture above this totally has to do with Aveyond!! ...in a slightly more roundabout way XD

ravenfoot_family_crest_by_queen_of_ice10

Hello all!! So this is a piece that's quite a bit different from what I usually do. I am currently writing a AU fanfic retelling of the Orbs of Magic saga for my computer game obsession, Aveyond. While I was writing it and planning ahead for future chapters I realized that they never actually had a coat of arms for the Ravenfoot family!! So I took it upon myself to create one for them, and this was the product^__^

The Raven is pretty self explanatory lol, and the symbol below is one I made up to represent dark magic which in my Headcannon is the magic that their family line possesses and passes down. Before Gyendal and Te'ijal were turned by vampires the Ravenfoot name was one of the most well known ones in all of Aia for their dark magic abilities, but once they were turned the Ravenfoot line seemingly vanished. For several hundred years until the events of Aveyond Rhen's Quest. Once Rhen married Dameon and returned to Thais, my Headcannonland says that she started the Thais school of war and magic and because Te'ijal had grown fond of her she decided to become a benefactor of the school, funding it with her copious mounts of money that I honestly have no idea where she and Gyendal got it lol.

That's when the Ravenfoot name became known again. Te'ijal was up in Thais at night terrorizing the headmaster, Gyendal came for her because some sort of disaster was going on with the council and used his magic because he could and the mages at the school that saw kind of freaked out from excitement that there was actually still a living Ravenfoot mage and after that their family became an even bigger legend:  the all-powerful dark Mage line still existed and lived in this mysterious place, sending new students to the school from time to time that always excelled in whatever their specialty was. That leads into the events that are coming up in Heirs of Darkness which I shall not spoil cause I'm awesome like that and love to torment my readers

The words on the banners are Romanian, I wanted to translate it to make it look somewhat fancy lol. Plus in myths vampires are always from Romania so I figured that Gyendal and Te'ijal came from a city in Aia that spoke Romanian before they were turned =P

Definition of the words from left to right:
Mágîc vênelê nôastrê- Magic in our veins

întuneric- Darkness
Pûerea în maînîle noastre- power in our hands

This is the base idea that I used as a springboard for designing the coat of arms: I don't take any credit for the basic idea!! Just the randomness that was elaborated onto lol.
https://clipartfest.com/download/a8e705eb28ccdb545a7785cde51c5d3bae8d7a15.html.

Duuuude your world building stuff is awesome! I love the crest, and the Romanian words are a nice touch. Romanian is actually such a lovely language~

Also, the first pic is so awesome!! I think her and Indra would get along ;) Is she an OC of yours?

Duuuude your world building stuff is awesome! I love the crest, and the Romanian words are a nice touch. Romanian is actually such a lovely language~

Also, the first pic is so awesome!! I think her and Indra would get along ;) Is she an OC of yours?

Haha glad you like my world building randomness :D Romanian really is!! I love how it sounds and actually really enjoy the accent as well^__^

Thanks!! Haha I think they would, plenty of nefarious plotting and ice and snow lol. As of today she is. Haha originally she was just an icon for me because I wanted to design my own profile pic for DeviantArt but I realized that I could totally make a story out of her since I plan to have a series of ten Fey just like her all as personification of different natural phenomenons. Lol long story for a really short answer: Yes, she is as of today my latest OC. (And the first one that has made an appearance on the World Wide Web that isn't from a fanfic I'm writing lol)

The new profile pic is SO COOL (no pun intended ahaha) I don't even know what to do with myself, the eyes are so shiny and pretty and just like ice, and the smile is so adorable and... maybe a little mischievous? The headband and the snowflakes are a nice touch too, they bring it all together.

I love the coat of arms too, and the headcanon that goes with it. I was wondering if you had a bigger idea about it when I was reading about the dark mage lines in Shadows of My Twisted Destiny, hehe. And how dare you not spoil stuff!! There is already enough stuff that is not being spoiled!!

The new profile pic is SO COOL (no pun intended ahaha) I don't even know what to do with myself, the eyes are so shiny and pretty and just like ice, and the smile is so adorable and... maybe a little mischievous? The headband and the snowflakes are a nice touch too, they bring it all together.

I love the coat of arms too, and the headcanon that goes with it. I was wondering if you had a bigger idea about it when I was reading about the dark mage lines in Shadows of My Twisted Destiny, hehe. And how dare you not spoil stuff!! There is already enough stuff that is not being spoiled!!

Thank you!!! Yeah, I was going for that hint of mischief with her smile so I'm glad it came acorss^__^

Mwahahahahaha!!! I have no shame in withholding zee spoilers :D However, to make up for my eeviilness I'll do my best to post the next chapters to the fanfics in the next couple of days^__^

Like Moonpeace said, she was a really active fan on here. Her stuff is all up on DeviantArt now, you should check it out if you ever get the chance :)http://angelerenoir.deviantart.com/

Omg. There are so many of D_A's works that I've seen without knowing they were hers. :o

Behold, a new fanart!! Yay me lol.

snowy_night__an_aveyond_1_fanart__by_que

I present to you.... my first fanart commission/request thingy!! This was done by request for Parfait Cookies :)

The enitial request was for a LarsxRhen cuddly piece on a snowy night setting, so with her permission I took her idea and ran with it to create this! It was so much fun to put together^__^

I'M SCREAMING AKCHLXHSLSHDLDHDLSUDLDHD

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I'm so glad you like it!!!!

Awww that's so heartwarming and cute ;) I can't wait to see more drawings from you :D

I'm glad people are enjoying the drawing! Thank you^__^