Aveyond Studios Community
Queen-of-Ice101

Queen-of-Ice101's Art and Headcannons!

So this is my first full anime style drawing I've done as fanart since my art breakthrough with the Ice Fey drawing!:dummy: 

Last month I started work on a drawing meme for my absolute favourite fandom, Aveyond. I came across it shortly after discovering that Aveyond had fanwork but hadn't wanted to take it on due to being not super satisfied with my work 
quality. I still have a loooong way to go artistic development but I'm at a place that I'm pretty pleased with my work quality so I figured that now was a great time to tackle the meme and really push my drawing comfort zone which I did for all the drawings done for this.

Thee will be twenty one drawings in total done for the meme, but it might take a while to get them digitalized and uploaded=P I am however really excited to be able to post this first one!!

https://img11.deviantart.net/8c05/i/2017/224/e/b/aveyond_1_favourite_characters_by_queen_of_ice101-dbi1w14.png

Rhen is probably a favourite AV1 character for almost all the fans of the series, she's just such a lovable character that has a really involving story. Lars is hilarious, I really love seeing the evolution from a shallow, snobby and cruel boy who only joined Rhen's quest for spite to a friend who supported Rhen willingly and stood by her side to face off against the demon even knowing he could easily die for it. Dameon is kind of a weird favourite for me, since I actually disliked him originally. He wasn't very well developed in my opinion, and I had early on dismissed him as a creep, but one day I came across a fanfic collection done for Rhen Dameon on fanfiction.net and the amazing author @Mu11berry wrote him so convincingly and with such depth that I have been converted:ohnoes:  

The butterfly was just because it was rainbow and shiny and the music that played while it flew was very soothing:) Plus I wanted a fourth thing to add into the picture since all my other favourite aveyond questions have four characters LOL.

So yes, this is my first drawing for them!! There will be some sloppy colour lines since this isn't a commission or scene work, this is just for a fun meme so I let my inner perfectionist go away just a tiny bit haha.

Meme this is for: http://fav.me/d3a3bi8

{EDIT: Fixed Dameon's face so that it didn't look like his beard/goatee thing was a hairy tongue}

I am just really touched that you think that highly of my writing T.T I'm glad I could sufficiently communicate what a beautiful character Dameon is to me, and even more glad that it helped lead to meeting you!!

And your art is beautiful!! They are all so adorable especially Rhen and Dameon and I love the way you color!! Even when it doesn't meet your perfectionist standards it is great! The hair!! And eyes!! How do you do the shinies????? I mean the highlights, haha. Sorry, I should actually be sleeping but here I am XD Also I love the butterfly and yes, I agree, that part of the game was so soothing and nice, so I'm glad you saw fit to add it in!

@Mu11berry You totally did communicate that, and I think that everyone should read your work^__^  Same, I'm so glad I read it and got to meet you!!

Yaaay thank you!!! The shinies I usually use the airbrush for and what I do is I play around with brush size as well as opecity levels to try and achieve whatever effect I'm going for. I also will often look on google to find reference images when I'm trying to do a specific effect. For Lars hair I used his headshot from the game and colour sampled all the shades that were in his hair to do enitial colouring, then I used the airbrush to trace over the lightest green to give a shine effect. For the eyes it was just layering light tones and then white overtop with the airbrush. I always use the airbrush for the eyes since it gives me the luminous effect I prefer.  

I'm glad you liked me adding that in:) OOOH have you seen Danin's butterfly?! I was procrastinating on colouring yesterday and decided to browse through art and came across it and woooooowww it's so pretty!!!! LOL I wish I could do effects like that!! So shiny~

http://orig13.deviantart.net/32f0/f/2017/217/a/4/here_lies_berry_by_queen_of_ice101-dbj0eo8.png

LOL a gift for the dear @Mu11berry in honour of her death by spazzy phone. When impatient Aveyond fans get to story writing and one of the phones spaces out the only clear logical conclusion is that they have died and thus it only makes sense to make them a grave~

Beeeerryyyy is now a ghooooooost :iconwooooplz:

Now I can live in Te'ijal's house!!!! Yay!!!!

Also thank you guys for the beautiful funeral. I never could have imagined such a touching message for my headstone, or such lovely grave decorations <3 <3 Look at the tiny adorable picture!!! LOOK AT IT!! (Can ghosts shout? XD)

You even hired a rainbow for me! So touched T.T

@Mu11berry Lucckkkyyyyyy, I wanna live at their house ;_; I'm sure ghosts can shout, this is Aveyond logic after all where a human can become a vampire by biting one XD

I am so very glad you enjoyed it, it took a while to convince all the darklings to perform as wailers for it and I was cursed with weevils for making Gyendal sing the eulogy but overall it worked out well!! 

I MUST BE PUNISHED FOR NOT LIKING OR COMMENTING HERE! I DON'T KNOW HOW I MISSED IT! PLEASE THROW ME IN THE DUNGEON YOUR MAGESTY! PLUS I'VE NOT BEEN IN THE SOMTD THREAD HERE AS WELL AND I FEEL AWFUL DAMMIT...I will return to like everything

I loooooooove the Av1 characters! Lars' face is so fitting, it cracks me up! Ooooh and Rhen! I really like her outfit and the sword! And Dameon looks so cute here XD and Berry's grave ahahaha [we spent way too much time joking around and chatting..look at the results!] Actually nevermind I love our rants way too much XD

@Scrivener of the Gods XD XD XD   Ah yes his speech brought tears to my eyes, you could see that he would miss his lost mwahahaha minion. Rodania must carry on the legacy alone. Oh and of course that, how could I forget the Ejindro??

@Rodania ♡  Le gasp, you forgot about me??? NOOOOO FLUFFIES FOR YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!! I must summon my vampire llamas to take you away!!!  :ph34r:

I'm so glad you like them!!!! I was having a blast when I did their expressions :D Oh yes, the grave XD XD XD XD Yesssss, the joking and ranting is amazing XD 

i regret not stalking the forums for such a long time now V.V blame simultaneous linear equations :D

Berry's tombstone, I cannot, simply cannot

it is pure, unholy, holy, cute, idk what, *writes down a huge list of compliments to toilet paper Te'ijal's house*

Still the funniest thing that has ever occurred in this already funny kindgom

I was looking through the videos of Berry's funeral, and I found something I missed. A couple of shirtless guys fished up a golden fish in the background. Why was she even away from Acropolis?

@Scrivener of the Gods OMG LOOOOOL 

wait- I mean- *clears throat formally*  That is indeed a baffling mystery, perhaps a secret dying wish?? It is said that the golden fish can be used in a formal ceremony to grant ghosts the power of eternal tickling......could it be that Berry is plotting such a nefarious task even from beyond the grave?!

https://img00.deviantart.net/9f4e/i/2017/259/4/0/undertaker__gyendal_and_loki__the_chibi_three_by_queen_of_ice101-dbnm6hb.jpg

This isn't solely Aveyond fanart but because it had Aveyond in it I wanted to share anyway:) This was a lot of fun to do, it was born of boredom at church waiting for my ride and since my drawing stuff is a constant companion for me I decided to amuse myself and pass the time drawing. Did the entire outline at church, and coloured it in at home. These are the chibis of my three top fav male characters which on second consideration are incredibly similar. 

First is Undertaker from Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji and I had a blast drawing him Undertaker emote 

XD XD I adore his character greatly, in the beginning of the manga he's goofy and creepy and hysterical, then later in the series he's creepy and sarcastic and insanely powerful (that ship battle anyone? Fended off a ancient demon and two reapers with not even half the effort they put into him??) and still hysterical. I seriously want a live chibi version that I can carry around in my pocket and feed bone cookies. 

Next is Gyendal from Aveyond, when he's still a vampirevampir  His character is maniacal, sarcastic, dark and calculating. I cannot figure out why I love his character so much since he has little screentime and he's the game villain but I can't help it. I adores him. I want a chibi bat him to carry around with my Undertaker. 

Last is Loki from the Marvel Cinematic UniverseLoki'd La  Honestly I could go on about why I adore his character depth and the intricacies of the storyline the writers designed for him but I'll just sum it up quickly to spare you all. His tragic backstory is a writers dream, 'nuff said :XD:

So two of these faves are after world domination, all three of them are sarcastic and devil-may-care, and they all have slightly psychotic ambitions. I think I need help. 

XD XD so yes, Undertaker, Gyendal and Loki the chibi three~

https://orig00.deviantart.net/052b/f/2017/259/b/c/gyendal_headset__aveyond_by_queen_of_ice101-dbnmqln.png

So I recently got a program for sprite design specifically designed for RPG Maker programs and because I am Gyendal obsessed I decided to try out headset design and make Gyendal headsets since there weren't any in the game. {so sadSad dummy}

The first like is his vampire version {obviously lol} and the one below is him after being turned human. I operate on the headcannon that his eyes as a human are green since his eyes during the Spook masquerade and if I remember correctly his actual Gyendal human sprite also has green eyes.

I used the RPG Maker MV headsets to make Gyendal since I like them better then the VX Ace 
sooooo :XD:

Oooh my gosh! As someone who also adores Undertaker and Loki (and Gyendal, of course), I love your chibi set :kawaii-happy: I would also say that another thing the three have in common is a tragic backstory - we all know Loki's tragedy, but you know how Shinigami in the Black Butler universe all committed suicide in their mortal life? Undertaker must've had a tragic life to have killed himself, and now for all eternity he's forced to be around death, covering it all up with morbid humor. And Gyendal, well he is a vampire after all, which is a tragedy in itself if you think about it, and he seems to be very discontented with it. Sorry, I just really love character analysis, didn't mean to go off on a tangent :kawaii-nervous:

Your Gyendal facesets are awesome! MV seems to be the choice around here, since Dan used them too. Are those the ones you're using in the game you're making? 

Drat, my nefarious plot has been found out XD XD 

I LOVE the chibis and I LOVE the faceset!! I can't join in on the character analyses except for Gyendal because I am an uncultured swine, but I agree with the Gyendal stuff:kawaii-lol: Plus he's Te'ijal's brother and they're obviously estranged in AV3 so there's some drama and tragedy there too