Aveyond Studios Community
Specter

[VIDEO] Aveyond on Android

Update 2:

Another video (longer)! The error at the end has also been fixed now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJtAzWLRwU

Update:

Some good news for this. Sitting in front of my laptop for straight 35 hours (breaking my own record XD), I managed to bump up performance a bit AND get rid of the 256 color issue. There are still quite a few things to fix, but suddenly this seems much more viable to me. What's more, I managed to get TLO running *perfectly* on both my Xperia M5 and Moto G4 Plus :D

Original:

First of all, don't get your hopes raised :(
So I did get Aveyond to run on Android, but the possibilities are limited. It runs only in 256 colours on most devices and doesn't run at all on many, though it does run on most new phones. I don't know if I will ever be able to fix this, both due to lack of time and knowledge, but it was a fun exercise!

(By the way, in case you're wondering, I'm not using Neko RPGXP, since that is not really an option for commercial games and also glitches horribly)

It looks really cool. And I didn't expect the error message at the end of the video XD

XD XD

Some good news for this. Sitting in front of my laptop for straight 35 hours (breaking my own record XD), I managed to bump up performance a bit AND get rid of the 256 color issue. There are still quite a few things to fix, but suddenly this seems much more viable to me. What's more, I managed to get TLO running *perfectly* on both my Xperia M5 and Moto G4 Plus :D

XD XD

Good! :D I'd like to give a try when it's done but I use Windows Phone XD

Good! :D I'd like to give a try when it's done but I use Windows Phone XD

WP is dead! Long live WP! XD

That looks awesome!!

Thanks!!!

\o/ Yay! Thank you for sharing!

Also, will there be a way of getting it?

No idea. It's just an experimental build for now :)

Nice work! It looks surprisingly good quality for a PC game being run on a phone. Any chance of Aveyond on iOS?

Thanks! Chances of iOS hover near zero :( iOS is really a bad platform if you want to code for it...

In case you have an Android, Exit Fate is a free game made with RPGXP (which is engine Aveyond uses, in case you don't already know) which is now on Google Play using the same engine as the above videos. Let me know what you think and how it works if you can try it out :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radial.exitfate&hl=en

O shall *rushes over to download it*

Be back with details.

Update: for some reason I can't seem to be able to see the text when the characters talk. It's just a blank dialog box -_- I have tried toggling fast blitting on and off but nothing worked -_-

O shall *rushes over to download it*

Be back with details.

Update: for some reason I can't seem to be able to see the text when the characters talk. It's just a blank dialog box -_- I have tried toggling fast blitting on and off but nothing worked -_-

I've pushed several updates to it which should probably fix all such issues (and put up another one, Last Scenario). :D

Also, be aware that the game can only be played by the arrow keys on the left side and the action buttons on the right (just like PC). Several people were complaining that it doesn't work because they were touching the newgame button itself :huh:

EDIT: @Emma, I just rechecked, and your phone apprently has an Adreno 3XX GPU, so I can't really guarantee anything since it's a really old model :( . That's the big issue with mobile devices, actually ... many manufacturers of GPUs, each having their own implementation of GLES makes it impossible to have something that works everywhere :(

OMG can't believe you did this, well done! I hope you can complete the full series so everyone can enjoy all of them. :D

P.S. I was just being a creeper and saw your reflection on your phone. :P