Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
SCAR

Rgss error

I bought this game from steam community and it was working fine but suddenly while playing it crashed and said "RGSS player not working". Can someone help me with this.

This is for a different game, but you should be able to follow the same steps.  See if any of these steps help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonzetaomicron/comments/2fejtp/how_to_troubleshoot_rgss_player_has_stopped/

1. A simple reboot or two (or several) can help.

2. Play as administrator and try compatibility modes.

3. Add the game to your antivirus/firewall exception lists.

4. Add the game as an exemption for DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

The DEP setting does mess with some games, so that could definitely be a culprit.

This is for a different game, but you should be able to follow the same steps.  See if any of these steps help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonzetaomicron/comments/2fejtp/how_to_troubleshoot_rgss_player_has_stopped/

1. A simple reboot or two (or several) can help.

2. Play as administrator and try compatibility modes.

3. Add the game to your antivirus/firewall exception lists.

4. Add the game as an exemption for DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

The DEP setting does mess with some games, so that could definitely be a culprit.

@argoyle I tried this method and every method I could find on net but it still wont work. This method fixes games which have error on start up I encounter error while saving. When I try to safe the safe it shows rgss has stopped working.

I forget, does AV4 have an autosave?  If it's not going to cause you to lose a lot of progress, you could try deleting the autosave file (it'll be save 0 in the save folder).

In other Aveyonds, a corrupted autosave would cause a game load issue.  Maybe something like that is happening here?

I'm just shooting in the dark here. :P

EDIT: Also, do you have any issues when going into the item menu?

I forget, does AV4 have an autosave?  If it's not going to cause you to lose a lot of progress, you could try deleting the autosave file (it'll be save 0 in the save folder).

In other Aveyonds, a corrupted autosave would cause a game load issue.  Maybe something like that is happening here?

I'm just shooting in the dark here. :P

EDIT: Also, do you have any issues when going into the item menu?

I can access the item without any trouble but when I deleted auto save 0 it stopped showing rgss error thank you tons!! I hope I won't encounter it again.. If ever I get that again should I delete the save file 0 again?

Awesome!

I remember when AV2 or 3 came out, there was a similar issue with saving/loading, where the game would just shut down and give an error.  Deleting the corrupt autosave fixed it.

So, yes, if it happens again, I would delete the autosave file again.  Just make sure you always have other up-to-date saves. :) 

Awesome!

I remember when AV2 or 3 came out, there was a similar issue with saving/loading, where the game would just shut down and give an error.  Deleting the corrupt autosave fixed it.

So, yes, if it happens again, I would delete the autosave file again.  Just make sure you always have other up-to-date saves. :)

Thank you ^^