Aveyond Studios Community
Scrivener of the Gods

Alternate History From AV1

Amanda gave me permission to make an alternate history game based on AV1. So, if you could help me with gathering resources, that would be great. Resources meaning Face images, battle graphics, music based on the original (but with more of a vampiro-daeva theme). Thanks!

Anyone who contributes can have their name in the credits!!!

Ooohhh interesting :D 

I suggest looking over at RPG Maker Forums since there's plenty of resources there to look at, some people in particular I suggest looking at for tiles is Celianna, Ayene-chan, PandaMaru. What resources you use of course depends on whether or not the game will be free or commercial. 

Also which engine are you going to use because MV engine has a different standard size 48x48 instead of the past 32x32 tiles, but there is a pluggin by Shaz I think that lets you change which tile size you use for the maps. 

One more question what sort of story are you making with 'alternate history'?

What I really need is the changed music. I plan to used the (slightly altered) maps from AV1. If you could help me with that, then thanks, if not, oh well. I'm bending the story to the landscape, not the other way around. But I'll take a look. Thanks!

Hey, so, I contacted Amanda requesting midi versions of the music to work on, but if you guys could help, that would be great.

I don't think Amanda could help you with the music since they are all owned by Aaron Walz (owner of Walz music) and it's very hard to get midi files from a composer. But if you can donate $50 or more on his campaign, he'll get you the midi files of AV1 soundtracks (you could learn more here https://www.gofundme.com/aveyond ).

Do we have any good composers out in the forums? I'm asking this because there are several places (human settlements) in the plan for this game that will need music. If you want to try, go for it, email them to aveyond_aftermath@outlook.com along with your username and what settlement it's for, try doing it by the names, but if you want more info, just ask.. Here's a list:

*Moonriver

*Snowrise

*Ejindro

*Memory Caverns (no need for new)

*Laredo

*Parva

*Nagriti

*Blackroot

*Sabulum

*Ray'kell

*Lurcerna

*Aurora

*Rumstone

Go for it if you want.

I think you should visit http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com for the resources. There are many talented artists there. You could also find composers there, some of them are willing to make music for free.

For the sprites, check Sithjester's sprites out: http://untamed.wild-refuge.net/rmxpresources.php?characters

Dan, do you know any people in particular on the rpg maker forums that are willing to write music for free?

Yeah, there're several free music workshops in General Resources/Resource Workshops. Any I would recommend this one (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/daveybriterpg-musical-creation.77881/). He just opened it so I think there's not much request and his music sounds good.

So, sorry you guys haven't had more of a say in things for this, the ideas for this game have evolved over time, and recently I was setting up the pro-human allies, and couldn't decide on who to use for number eight. So, the question is, do you want Hepititus, from her cabin in the Halloween Hills, or Fredrick, who you can retrieve from the afterlife? Keep in mind, the main character in this part of the game is a vampire, Wilham Shadowface, who's part of a blood-clan that only turn black people and dark elves. The one voted for most in the next two or so weeks wins, or if it comes out even then i'll kick someone else of the team. Thanks.

P.S. I'll probably put the lists of possible characters up later, just know that the main characters of the three parts will be, in chronological order of start time: "Jonas" Darzon (human), "Wilham" Shadowface (Vampire), and " Cloacina" (roman godess of sewers) Maitnikh (Daeva). The names are debatable.

I agree that Heptitus would be a interesting party member. Maybe a cool twist would be to incorporate in how she's a nymph but have her kind of neutral until something happens on the quest that makes her more cruel motivation what it is in AV2!! (Random thoughts, feel free to ignore lol)

I don't really have any access to resources like sprites or music but if there's another way I can help definitely let me know, this would be a totally fun project!

HEPTITUS ALL THE WAY. I love Frederick (fav AP character) but I've always wanted to see Heptitus as a playable character. 

I say the same thing as Queen-of-Ice, I don't have game making resources but when you need beta testers or any help with proofreading, I'll be happy to help if I can!