Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xchain

MayorAnime - Threshold

THRESHOLD

by Christian Roule, the maker of Lost Legacy- an Animania story.

Game Summary

“What happens when you draw in your final breath and expire, leaving the world of life behind you, and traveling into the greatest unknown of all times - death? Where do our minds go? What about our spirits? And do we really have a soul? Do we go to Heaven? Hell? Or do we simply cease to exist? But things are never what they seem...for death is not an end, but a beginning, and as Anime awakens in a black void, his memories and identity gone, he begins a journey so terrifying, a journey that will bring him so deep within himself, so naked before the truth, that to fail is not an option. For when you are dead, the only thing left...is Oblivion...”

*excerpt from the Threshold website, written by Christian Roule

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You play as Anime, a young man with no recollection of his past, who is thrown into a

mysterious, confusing, and chaotic journey that will either salvage or destroy him. After his death, Anime finds himself in Threshold Manor where he must traverse 13 different areas and worlds of the mansion, discovering secrets about his previous life and the people that were a part of it. Along the way, he meets several new faces, some out to help him, some to hinder him, and others to destroy him.

Warning: This game contains mature themes

Downloads Links (Last updated on 09/05/14)

Download Main

Official Forum

http://z13.invisionfree.com/InspirationalDesigns/index.php?

Complete Walkthrough

Download Main

*Please note that this is a pdf, so you will need adobe acrobat reader 7.0 to see it, you can download that for free at adobe.com if you don't have it.

Credits for the walkthrough

- Areas 1-5, 7-9, 11-13 walkthroughs, The Other Side of the Story walkthrough, and everything else written by DawnFire (unless otherwise stated)

- Areas 9 and 10 walkthroughs written by Kiroth6

- Area 6 walkthrough, Treasure Chest Guides, and Secret Items written by Xchain

- Monster/Equipment/Item stats/maps and Boss strategies by Christian Roule

So has anybody tried it yet? It's a different kind of game then Lost Legacy, but it's still good and has an intersting story line (all be it more challenging and "darker" themed) I made it past "Babylonian Empire" and now am doing "Nuclear Planet"

The final version is suppose to have an easy mode, I may have to go that route since I seem to be dying alot, LOL

Xchain

Actually I wanted to finish 'Lost Legacy' before starting Threshold but I was too curious^^'

I started it yesterday and so far it's interesting though I was really confused about Anime at first.

After you beat Babylonian Empire, you get a good chunk of Anime's story that should help make sense of what's going on. The finished version of the game should be out in a few days, Christian said he is still working out some bugs.

Xchain

After you beat Babylonian Empire, you get a good chunk of Anime's story that should help make sense of what's going on. The finished version of the game should be out in a few days, Christian said he is still working out some bugs.

Xchain

Edit: The final version (gold) is now available! There is an easy mode patch, but some aspects of the game will not be available to you if you chose that mode. Darn, guess I'll stick with normal mode, downloading now :)

Xchain

Edit: Well, there are some problems with the new gold version, it can't be opened because the runtime package is missing. Christian is gone for the day, so hopefully he will fix this tommorrow :(

Edit: Problem has been fixed. If you already downloaded the game, get the missing file at the yahoo group posted. Both download links now have this file as well.

aislingyngaio: Merged posts

Problem has been fixed. If you already downloaded the game, get the missing file at the yahoo group posted. Both download links now have this file as well.

Hi

I just downloaded Threshold and opened it to start playing

it was going along smoothly but before i actually got to play i got an error message "????Keys,Books,Effects?????", when i clicked ok the game closed on me.

anyone have the same problem??

hmm no I don't think any of us have had that error yet Kathev, however I strongly suggest that you join Christian's board and post your error there. He's pretty active there when he gets a chance, and that way you'll get to directly 'speak' with him. There's a link to it in xchain's first post :) kemenner I saw that you posted your error there too, he'll get to see it that way so good!

Anime's powers are used to extract powers from the enemies so that he can use them later. If you played Lost Legacy and were able to use Animus there, it's exactly the same (though there was a bug where some people, including me, weren't able to use that but Christian is fixing that).

Anyway, to use Animus you need to select it while in battle when you think the enemy is at 1/5 of their life force. Then when you attack them after casting Animus, there powers will be released. However if they are above 1/5 of their life force then it won't work and nothing will happen.

What I found worked for me in the first few areas is I could kill them in 2 hits, so if you hit them once, then use Animus, and then the second time you attack them it should work. In the later levels I have to use it after 2 or 3 attacks.

With bosses, you can tell they are at 1/5 their life force when they start using really strong moves on you. When they start doing that, then you can try using Animus. You can always try doing it more than once if you miss it, but you can't use Animus when there is only one enemy on the screen (except for bosses) or if you kill them and it ends the battle.

Christian said that every enemy except for 2 of them have powers for Anime to get, so make sure you try it on all of them. I usually will use Animus whenever I run into a new enemy so I don't forget to get the powers from them later on, or so I don't forget who I got powers from and who I didn't.

Does that make sense?

Ok, ayne try this:

Enemies in the mansion (quippoths) will never have any of your powers so animus will not work on them. Go into one of the worlds that has some enemies. Make sure there is more than one enemy in the set. Hit one of the enemies once. Now use animus on your next turn. Hit the enemy again and you should absorb his power. Now depending on how hard the enemy is, you may need to hit him twice before using animus to get him down to that 1/5 mark.

If the above doesn't work, download the game again. Maybe you got a bad download. If it still doesn't work, contact Christian (aka mayor anime)via the yahoo board.

Good Luck!

Xchain

Edit: Are you getting the special animation when he does animus? The rocks that fly up and then you see his eye get wider?

Why would you think it's hard to finish if you haven't tried it yet? LOL It's not that hard to play, once you get used to the battle system you'll be fine. It is a long game, but that's what makes it so great, and free to boot :)

There is a Battle Strategy Faq by Christian that I highly recommend reading. I am currently doing a Treasure Chest Faq for the game.

In my opinion, you really don't need a walkthrough for this game. It's pretty straight forward as to were to go. You may just some boss strategies occasionally. I don't thnk any of us have finished the game yet, so we are learning as we go :)

Xchain

Can you be more specific? There were alot of trains in that area, LOL Also, do you mean monorail trains in Anime's story or the Light train in Nadia's story?

Xchain

oh, I'm sorry^^'

I mean the Light Train in Nadia's story.

Spoiler:

After Nadia fought the guy(i forgot his name)and talked to Helios she wants to go home but suddenly a Quipploth appears and after fighting it the mysterious woman says that she prepared a Light Train for her to escape. And when you go down to the next terrain there's a maze. I'm stuck because I can't find the light train.

Can you help me out?

Ok, thanks for clarifying. What your looking for is the exit to get to the light train, not the light train itself. The exit is in the SE corner of the maze. From the beginning, just head in that direction and you'll make it before time runs out :)

Xchain