Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xchain

MayorAnime - Threshold

Are you talking about the room with the mirrors on the last level of area 8? If so, there is a trick with those mirrors. Start at the bottom. When you go through a mirror, it leaves a little sparkle. You have to get that sparkle up to the top mirror by going through the correct set of mirrors. When you get the sparkle to the top level, a bigger sparkle will appear and if you step on it the door will open. (It took me awhile to figure that out, too)

Xchain

PS Christian is redoing area 11 for us based on some feedback we gave him. I'd advise you to see if he has the update done before starting that area as he is making it easier to get through :)

Hi, I'm now in area 10. I have found the two crystals being one in the library where I have to answer some questions and the other being on Pacifica Boulevard where there are various crystals that I have to input the correct numbers. Now, I'm having trouble finding the thrid one. I think I know its somewhere in the ark or maybe I'm wrong. Now I'm on a giant ship and I found a hidden elixir and went downstairs into a weird looking laboratory with cells. I have no clue what these cells do but are there any things that is useful down there that can help me find or lead to the next crystal. Thanks

I was stuck on that part too, so I am happy to pass that solution along!

You must defeat all the enemies on the top part of the ark. Then go below deck all the way to the end and you will find the code.

Xchain

Hi, I'm now in area 10 and I'm in one of the cave filled with 6 cards to access each of the 3 middle doors. I'm in the room with 3 switches and I still need an access card to active the water. Anyone knows where that card could be. Thanks again

Gosh, I really don't remember where I got the card. At the end of all the levels in that area I got something like a blueprints, a fuse and such. So when I got to the hydroplant I already had everything I needed. Just search all the stages in that sigil area, it is there. Maybe dawnfire remembers or you can ask Christian (the game's creator) on his board.

Xchain

Hi, the five places I've been to was The art district where there are many houses in it, The park district with many bushes, A place where some blue doors can be opened and I cross many bridges to a gate on top, A district filled with different paths where I have to ride a mini ship and lastly the laboratory where I need an access card to continue. I have searched mostly everywhere in these five different areas in that blue sigil particular area.I'm having a hard time finding the access card.Maybe it's hiding in some bushes.Also, I'm wondering when I use in one of the areas with the ship. I came to a place with green numbers starting from 5 down to 1. Thanks

When in the little ship in the Waterway, you have to go to one of the gates and it will tell you it's broken. Maybe that is the trigger for getting the access card? Or in the Park there were hidden switches. One of them was in that temple-like area, it was behind the top pillar. Those switches make bridges so maybe that's what your missing. I wish I could be of further help but I just don't remember, Sorry.

Xchain

I think I found something behind the top pillar from the left. I think there is a shadow of a square switch. Maybe thats the part that will lead me to the access card. I got the water access card by the teleportation portal. There was a hidden bridge to the north when I exit the temple place. I thought I stepped on that hidden switch earlier.Thanks for the info.

Hi , this time I'm in the main dome. I did hit that red fireball which depelets all of your MP and leaves you with a HP of 1. After I hit it, the upper steel door opened but I'm havig a hard time opening the botton steel doors. I went and looked everywhere in this big mansion and I even destroyed all the monster in the library section which many locked doors. Any help would be appreciated.

There is another red fireball. It's in a restaurant type area near the bottom.

Great news from Christian! Patch #4 is out! It's not on the game's website yet, but you can get it at the yahoo group under the "files" section :)

Hear is what he wrote about what it fixed:

"The Patch #4 for Threshold is up. It contains a lot of various fixes

and tweaks.

1) The bugs in the database are fixed

2) Both sets of mingames for Area 11 include a single 'free pass',

allowing you to bypass one minigame (for Data Transport and

Biomechanism). If you go through without help, though, you get a very

nice bonus after that level is complete.

3) The Master Key now functions on all normal locked doors. For those

who get it, Normal Keys are a thing of the past.

4) A lot of exits that have had NPCs walk over them, and onto walls,

etc, have been fixed.

5) Some fixes to inccrrect potraits during cinema were made.

When I get those spelling errors and test fromatting fixed, I'll

upload another patch!

Thanks to Dawn for helping me test this in under an evening!!

Christian"

Edit: There was a problem with this patch and it has been fixed on 7/26/08. You'll need to redownload it if you used it before the above date.

Edit#2: Last update causes a glitch in area 7, you'll need to redownload the patch #4 yet again on 7/28/08.

hehe ok i am here to tell all of you that you guys NEED to play this game!!

I just finished it a little bit ago, and yeah this definitely has one of the best stories in a game that I've ever played. Some events in the story don't really make sense right away, some things are confusing, but absolutely everything comes together by the end. Every loose thread is tied up, and everything that happened has some kind of significance and it's all tied up quite nicely. that to me is the mark of a great story and a great game.

please please please do not be deceived by what might be a difficult beginning. Christian wrote up an excellent battle FAQ on his forum that helps a LOT and once you get the hang of it, the fighting isn't so hard.

so yeah, you all should give this game a shot! plus we are here to help, and over on the other forum Christian, the creator, answers every single question, you can't get much better than that!

now go play! XD

I agree, this is one if not the best free RPG I have ever played. The sheer length of it and deep story line is just amazing. I am almost done with my Treasure Chest/Secrets guide for this game, (I'm in the last area now so I should finish by this weekend) so if you're unsure about playing, you won't have to worry about missing anything important!

Xchain

oh that'll be awesome Xchain! i know i'll be curioius to read it bc I missed some things, so thanks for working so hard and writing that!

it makes me sad that not many people are playing this game, it really does deserve so much more attention than it's currently getting!

I know, it really is a great game once you get into it! I really think some just got frustrated and gave up. But the patches have made certain areas easier, so hopefully they will try again. This is a mature themed game, maybe that turns some off. Or maybe that's it's a large download, I don't know. Some are still playing Lost Legacy so maybe they will try Threshold afterward :)

I will add some more info to the first post. Maybe if they know more about the story and characters it will entice more to play :)

Xchain

Edit: If there is something you want to add about the game Dawnfire let me know and I will merge it with my first post.

oh that's a really good idea :) I think adding something about the story would be a good idea like you said, that way whoever looks at the thread has an idea of what they are getting in to. Plus this is definitely not your typical cliche 'young teenage boy/girl learns that they have powers and has to save the world!' kind of plot, which automatically makes it 10 times better IMO.

Screenshots are a good idea too :) I know Christian has some on his website he might let us use, and maybe we can take some more of some of the areas too to kind of add some more variety.

edit: i put some stuff together for a summary and character info if you want it :) i know you are busy and i have no life at the moment (haha) so i hope thats ok!

Sorry, dawn work is keeping me real busy at the moment!Go ahead and post what you want to add or PM it to me and I'll add it to my first post. Thanks a bunch!

I died twice on the boss from the Lifestream (Finger of death is an evil move! lol)so I have not been able to complete the game when I said I would. I may just release my treasure chest guide now. It's only missing info from the very last level. It may be awhile before I get to play again.

Edit: The guide is up! Link is on the first page. I will also add it to the yahoo group for those that just want to read it but not download it.

the best place that I've found for the first few areas to get normal keys is at the Presses (also in area 1) there are so many enemies there that the chance of you getting some keys goes up. You may have to go through it a few times, but it's the best place

xchain, i'll go ahead and send you some stuff for the thread tomorrow!

lol i'll send you stuff as soon as my computer stops freaking out lol (stupid piece of junk!)

and also for everyone else, another person on Christian's board and I are working on a walkthrough for this game! I'm in charge of the odd areas, I have 1 and 3 done and am working on 5. It'll take us some time to get everything together but be on the look out for that!

now you will have no reason not to play this game xD

I find that sometimes when I leave the main room in the middle (after turning the symbol thingy in the right-hand corner green by killing all the creatures) and re-enter it, that the symbol thingy goes back to orange or red and I get attacked by monsters again. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug?

That's normal, flammable. When you leave a room there is a certain % chance that when you go back the indicator will go up a color. Those Quippoloths seem to be neverending, lol

Xchain