Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xchain

MayorAnime - Threshold

Patch #4 has been updated on 8/14/08. Christian is also looking for some help with spell checking for the game, look here for details and patch info:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mayor_anime_games/message/758

Xchain

Edit: I just finished the game and all I can say is WOW! This game is a MUST PLAY for sure! The Treasure Chest/Secrets guide is now complete with area 13 and more secret item info. I updated the link on the first page. By the way, is anybody using it? Is is easy to follow? This is the first time I've done something like this, so I'm curious. I hope it proves helpful :)

I think I remember getting Excalibur and Ragnarök from her. After she does those powers, use animus then hit her.

For bosses, the general rule I use is to hit them hard about 4-5 times then start using animus/hit/animus/hit till I get the power. Or use animus when they use their 3rd special spell or move, that's usually the one you'll get, but not always.

Yes, aisling you do have to use Animus twice. After she does the Excalibur (animus then hit) and after she does Ragnorok (animus then hit, but don't kill her with that hit)I don't know which of those powers comes first, but you get the idea :)

Xchain

hi guys! i just wanted to give you all an update on the walkthrough in case anyone is waiting for one to play. I'm in the process of writing area 11 now, so all of the odd areas before that are complete, so if you have any questions I can actually answer them since I have things written down!

I'm hoping to get 11 done this weekend and I would really like to finish the walkthrough by the end of the month (school is keeping me very busy now!)

Great news, dawnfire! I hope all your hard work will be appreciated and entice more people play and enjoy this awesome game! I will be curious to see what animus powers I missed and will be playing again when you are done :)

Xchain

Thanks guys ^^ LOL i was only fast over the summer, i really haven't progressed at all over the last few weeks bc of lack of time. But I'm getting there! 13 is going to take me a really long time though, I'm not sure how I want to do it yet.

Actually maybe I can get some opinions from anyone who has play 13. It's a little spoilerish I guess, so highlight below to read:

Because of the way 13 is set up, very much like the journeymen trials in LL, would you guys rather see a walkthrough like I did for the trials in LL, or do you think a map would work better? The map would label where each crystal is to begin with and then will have all the pedestals and what crystal needs to go in there. I'm not completely sure how that would work out yet since some pedestals have 2 parts and need more than 1 crystal. The problem with just doing it like the journeymen trials is that I think it would be insanely long, especially since there are 3 parts to 13.

Or maybe I can do a combination, have a map for specific parts and then provide an explanation. Thoughts?

I think I'm going to end up having to do areas 2,4,6, and 8 as well though, Kiroth is verrrry busy which I totally understand, but I need to talk to her some more about it.

But it is coming along! It's VERY long though lol. But it is also very complete, and it's a long game anyway which equals a long walkthrough! I've already got your TC guide incorporated into it xchain :) thanks for letting me use that!

ok off to class!

a walktrough would be very nice^~

well I'm still at area 8 - it's really tough..

little question (spoiler!):

whom do I have to talk to to get the billard balls?

Talk to kiroth, if she needs some help, I will do area 2. I will have to start a new game, but it won't take long to get there. I just did a walkthrough for what I thought was going to be small (Forlorn Manor) but it was alot of typing! I figure though, if I can get through that I can at least do one area for one of my favorite games :)

Edit: @ayne

You will get them from Excel in the last level the central tower if you became a platinum member and helped Fuu in area 7.

Xchain

i don't really mind doing 2 and 4, it's 6 and 8 i reallllly don't want to do :P i'm not sure why but i just don't like 6 and 8 i've already played like 3 times, I don't want to do it again :P but i will if i need to, it's no biggie.

but if you want to do 2, i have save files at the beginning of all the even areas, i could send it to you ^^ lol i kind of anticipated this happening and made sure i had a way to get back to the even areas xD

Tell you what, if you have a save file for it I'll do area 6 :)You'll have to fill me in on how you want me to do it, though. Will this be a spoiler free walkthrough? Would I need to include boss strategies? Would I need to include Nadia's story?

Xchain

By the way, I sent you a PM about area 13.

i will definitely take you up on that offer if you're willing!

So far this walkthrough is pretty detailed, though I am trying to leave major plot spoilers out of it. And characters that we haven't met yet. I don't mention names until we are officially introduced to a character (like with who is waiting for Anime in area 9 :P didn't mention her name until Anime learned it).

There are going to be boss strategies but Christian is supposed to help me with that. And I have all the stats for all the bosses and enemies I can include, so you don't need to worry about boss strategies.

I've taken care of all of Nadia's chapters through 10 so far, so you don't need to worry about that either :)

if you want a better idea, I can send you one of the area's walkthroughs. Nothing is final yet, I'll have some editing to do to try to cut back on the length, but it can give you the basic idea.

Thank you everyone!

I'm only on here to check occasionally, and will still use my own board for feedback and to help, but I wanted to thank everyone here for the interest in Threshold! Even though it's a much darker and more difficult game than Lost Legacy, it's definitely my favorite of the two. You all have been wonderful, especially Xchain and Dawnfire, in giving me the support I need to continue my career in Game Design. Bless you all!

Yays, Christian (and btw, I think it's cool that you put the happy Anime avatar :D), and yep, it's much darker. Although sometimes I scratch my head cause while some characters are the same, I kinda can't put them in the right time (are they phantoms of the past? Present? Future?). Meh :D

Yays, Christian (and btw, I think it's cool that you put the happy Anime avatar ), and yep, it's much darker. Although sometimes I scratch my head cause while some characters are the same, I kinda can't put them in the right time (are they phantoms of the past? Present? Future?). Meh

Just keep playing the game. You'll find out. ^_^

hehe i think the suspense is one of the best things about Threshold xD and there's a LOT of it! I love that the deeper you get into the game the more questions are raised, but every single one of them will be answered :)

lol you're playing at the same time? that would be confusing! I know i got confused a little too when I played threshold right after LL, it'd be double confusing playing them at the same time!

all that's really left is 8, 12, and 13. 12 isn't really a big deal, it should be short, and I might do 8 this weekend if I get a chance (though i have a craaaazy weekend so we'll see!)

13 is going to take me some time. I'm waiting for maps from Christian but since he got hit by the hurricane that's definitely and understandably the last thing on his mind xD then i just need to write boss strategies and it's done! I'm still shooting for the end of the month for it to be done :) maybe earlier if i have time!

thanks soooo much for your help with 6! you did a great job, i only had to do a few little things format wise to fit it with the other areas :)

heh i just don't want people to feel intimidated by the size of this. It's almost 100 pages :P but some of that is also monster, item, equipment stats and there's a lot of stuff for that too