Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xchain

MayorAnime - Threshold

Hmm... I believe the version I installed was after patch 3 and before patch 4, Xchain :) That's why I still have the Grindery problem. So I was wondering if pafpearl downloaded the patch from the game page and got through the prob Christian MIGHT have updated the link to patch 4 but didn't mention it. But thanks for clarifying stuff :)

pafpearl - Christian posted a message on his board for you saying that sometimes yahoo is stupid and will say a membership is pending when it's really not. He said for you to email him your email address so he can add you, I'm going to PM you his address so it's not out in the open in case it gets spammed xD

I couldn't remember for sure, so I looked it up at the yahoo board and patch #3 does fix the grindery problem, but it was reuploaded so it must have not be in the latest download. Aisling, if you haven't already installed patch, it will fix that problem :)

Read here for more info:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mayor_anime_games/message/546

Hi all-I'm back needing some help. I can't beat the Quipploth that had Helios. After Nadia sends him back to the Terrace I have tried about a dozen times and he gets me every time. Any advice?

Thanks, aislingyngaio. I finally killed the damn thing but it took me hours and I must have tried 50 times. The trick was to start the Nadia level over, sell some mana stones and get to the Quipploth with 4 elixers (first time I only had 2). I used every last one and killed it with my last 30 EP!

Really? That's odd, cause I don't really have to use healing items on Nadia when she fights, since her "Blessed" state heals (not sure if it increases PP as well, but LF is enough :D), and I can supplement them with her healing dance (can't remember the name). Maybe Nadia's level was too low? *shrug* oh well glad you got it :)

I remember I had a really hard time with that guy as well. I ended up leveling Nadia up a LOT. I think I got her around level 15 and then it was a snap xD

edit: and just to update you guys on the walkthrough, it's pretty much finished except for the boss strategies and Christian has been hard at work on those, so I'm hoping to get it uploaded soon :)

I need help once again! I am at Industrial Junction and trying to get to the switch for the monorail to the Shinra HQs. I am able to get to the switch, but then the floor changes and I am stuck there getting electrocuted until I die and it's game over. I tried about 5 times and I just can't do it w/o dying. Is this a bug? And if so what do I do? Thanks for all the help in the past!

I had the same problem, it was very annoying.

Well, wait until you have a board to stand on and then you just have to hop off(in the depth) - you loose about 10-15hp but you're save at the exit.

yeah, there's a specific pattern that those boards follow for when it's safe to move, and you need to pay really close attention to it. Wait a few minutes and just watch the pattern and then go. You need to move fast too, because they do change fairly quickly. It's unfortunately not a bug.

When you get to the other side, you'll see 2 sparkles right next to each other. Make sure you get the sparkle on the right first, this will deactivate the floor so it's safe to walk, and then get the other one.

Unfortunately there aren't really any tricks or further tips, you just need to keep trying and memorize the pattern to make it through. I had a hard time with that part too so I understand your frustration!

Thanks for all your tips-I finally did it!

Edit: I'm kinda bummed right now. I am near the end of area 10 and just read something about billiard balls on the messages. I realized I never went back to Fuu-I had it marked to do so and missed it in my own notes!

Is it worth going on? Can I finish the game w/o the master key and special weapon? I don't have a save that far back and anyway the thought of redoing areas 8, 9 and 10 isn't pretty!

aislingyngaio: Merged posts

you don't have to do it, no. You'll still be able to beat the game without those items.

However, getting all of the secret items is a step in getting the secret ending of the game. Though at the moment the secret ending is disabeled bc I guess there was a problem with it, but whenever Christian puts it back in the game, you will need those items to get it. 10 is my least favorite area, so I definitely wouldn't blame you for not replaying those areas again.

Or you could wait until I release the walkthrough which I'm really really hoping will be soon, it still just needs the boss strategies. Then you can see all of the secrets.

Thanks dawnfire. I really hate when I miss even little things like a chest so to miss something this big? That really bothers me. But at least I know I can finish the game.

It's my own fault anyway. I wrote it on my notes to go back to Fuu and I guess I was just so eager to get to the West Wing and reveal its secrets that I rushed off to do that.

I am looking forward to your walkthru!

Well, I didn't play the game for a long time so I don't know what to do next:

I'm (still) in Area 8. I was in the last room, where's the black sigil is but I don't have access to it. I remember I got some papers from the other sigil in the same room. I tried to go up the corporation building(I think it was called Shinra) but the elevator won't open. Please help.

ayne, I was hoping Dawnfire would be able to answer you since she has the walkthrough, but I guess she's probably busy. It's been so long since I have played but I think you need to speak with that one lady in the house in the residential district. I could be wrong here, but it's worth a shot!

Or maybe you need to kill all those shinra guys and search the room for a key card for the elevator?

If those don't work, just wait for dawnfire to answer :)

Xchain

sorry i had a nasty case of the flu last week and wasn't on the computer much >.<

Let's see if I understand where you are. If you haven't gone back and talked to Funaho in the Residential district do that (but I'm thinking you did if you already have the red sigil). So here's what to do next (from the walkthrough):

"World within the Well – Midnight Square

- You can go into the well right now if you want, but all of the warehouses will be locked because it’s daytime. You can only get into the warehouses at night, so in order to come at night you need to take the monorail train to Midnight Square (it’s in the room on the left all the way at the top in the Monorail Hub).

- So at night, you’re looking for Warehouse #66, it’s at the very bottom, the last warehouse. Go inside, and go up the stairs in the upper right corner. Go talk to all the people sitting around the table and learn some more developments! However, this Bison fellow needs you to do some things before he can trust you. Go back to the mansion and head back into the blue sigil room."

then just follow what he wants you to do. You can't get into the Shinra Corporation building until you do what he wants

Well!

Almost 3 months and 163 pages later, I am very happy to bring to you all the complete Threshold Walkthrough!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJMCZREE

Please note that this is a pdf, so you will need adobe acrobat reader 7.0 to see it, you can download that for free at adobe.com if you don't have it.

Credits:

- Game created by Christian Roule

- Area 6 walkthrough, Treasure Chest Guides, and Secret Items written by Xchain

- Areas 9 and 10 walkthroughs written by Kiroth6

- Areas 1-5, 7-9, 11-13 walkthroughs, The Other Side of the Story walkthrough, and everything else written by DawnFire (unless otherwise stated)

- Monster/Equipment/Item stats/maps and Boss strategies by Christian Roule

Now you all have no excuse not to play this fantastic game! Pretty much everything you need to know is right in that walkthrough, so if you get stuck you shouldn't have a problem figuring out the next step!

Thanks so much Xchain, Kiroth, and Christian for all of your help with this!