Aveyond Studios Community
Honey Butter Chloe

Talk (Edward x Mel)

A few days after their wedding, Edward and Mel have a talk about the royal life while complaining about clothes and the lack of independence they have. Drabble, Edward x Mel.

--

“Can you believe that we’re married?” Edward inquired softly, staring up at the cloudless twilight. He had a content smile on his face as he sipped from his mug with one hand, the other hanging loosely over his wife’s shoulders.

“I thought you were already over this,” came the joking reply. Mel rolled her eyes playfully, smiling. “But yeah. I can’t believe it too.”

“I can’t believe that I actually agreed to marry an idiot like you and dress up like a noble all the time in those corsets and impractical dresses,” she commented wryly with a grin.

“Hey now,” Edward mumbled, “You’d do it for me, right?”

A dark night shining with the light of the moon and stars loomed over the recently crowned King and Queen of Thais, who were sitting on the floors of the castle balcony. To any person who respected them greatly, they would have insisted that the King and Queen sit on comfortable chairs. If the King and Queen requested as such, thrones could be instantly sent over. But of course, the both of them shuddered at the thought, even the former prince. Luckily, for today, they were given the chance to retire early, which meant time off to do what they wished without any of the staff fussing over them… within the bounds of the castle.

Despite the new (and extremely overwhelming) lifestyle pushed onto Mel, everything seemed surreal, honestly, now that the threats of eternal nights and the rule of vampire lords were over.

The Queen didn’t have to worry about vampires chasing her, for once. She didn’t have to think about her late ancestors, or the horrifying creations built by the magic on the tips of their fingers, nor the darklings who expected her to rule and becoming possessed by evil. She’d even long sent Yemite home, convincing her that she needed to keep Underfall in order since she was crowned Queen of Thais (which she didn’t regret one bit, with all the castle staff constantly fussing over her. Yemite still paid her monthly visits with Stella, though, which she usually enjoyed). As a conclusion... Mel didn’t have to think about darkness anymore.

That fact also set the King’s racing heart and restless mind that were constantly worrying about his wife to rest. Sure, the both of them missed traveling, missed the thrill of adventuring, missed the feeling of doing things for themselves. But what could be done?

“I don’t like it, Edward,” Mel grumbled, leaning on her spouse’s shoulder. “I really hate dressing up like some doll every day. The maids aren’t helping that much, either, with how they try to make sure every single thing is straight, no folds and creases in the poofy balls they call skirts--” Edward noted how she shuddered at the word ‘skirts’-- “and with how they insist that I have to wear a crown each day, even if it’s extremely uncomfortable!”

Edward simply nodded, eyes downcast. He hated it as much as Mel did; even if he’d been tolerating it for more than fifteen years. Smiling weakly, he said, “Well, at least you aren’t wearing one of those poofballs right now.”

Mel just sighed and nodded. She was clad in one of Edward’s soft tunics and some cotton shorts whilst Edward was still in one of his kingly outfits. “You know, you might as well change now,” she pointed out, poking Edward’s side and laughing at his quiet yelp of surprise at the sudden touch.

“Why, do you want to see my amazing body?” he teased back, grinning. Mel recoiled, pretending to be absolutely disgusted. “Ew, no, you pervert!” she cried playfully.

“Well, you’d be seeing it soon enough,” he said, laughing right afterwards as Mel turned bright red and thumped him on the head. “Hey, we’re a married couple! You’d definitely be seeing it one day or another.”

Mel simply turned away, face heated up.

“I miss holding my dagger,” she said after a short pause, staring at her pale palm. “I don’t really get to use anything now because of those stupid dresses.”

“Well, it’s not like I don’t miss fighting monsters and slicing their heads off with the Excalibur now, too,” Edward reasoned, attempting to sympathize with his wife. “I also miss seeing you fight with that bow on your head,” he commented, chuckling again. Mel groaned.

“What I would do to have that hairband back, Edward,” she complained. “The maids absolutely refused to let me have it on my head!”

“Well, you look good with a crown, too,” he said. “Besides, that thing is a bit dirty, so it would make sense, wouldn’t it?”

That only enticed another round of grumbling on Mel’s part. “At least that thing isn’t so heavy,” she muttered, grabbing her mug and taking a big swig of its contents.

Fresh milk… The thick liquid with a creamy taste mixed with a very slight tinge of cheese. The drink of their choice throughout their journey, because of its healing properties. Mel curled her fingers around her mug, satisfaction gracing her small features.

It felt so long since she had it, even if it was only a few days. What she had been given if she was thirsty was either grape juice or (revoltingly flavoured) wine. She always had to struggle to consume the liquid in her chalice every night since she became queen. It wasn’t that she couldn’t hold her liquor…

It was simply the horrible flavour.

“Do you want kids?” Edward suddenly asked, causing Mel to almost choke on her milk. After swallowing, with some difficulty, she croaked out, “Why do you ask?”

To Mel, having kids wasn’t such a bad idea, but it would take some time to get used to. She knew Edward wanted kids, too, anyhow. “I guess it would be alright, but I don’t like the idea of raising them in the castle, if you catch my drift.” she replied.

Edward definitely agreed, with how vain Lydia had been due to her upbringing. “Yeah… We’d be spoiling them quite a bit. But we can teach them, can’t we?”

Mel nodded absentmindedly as Edward got up and pulled her along with him to their quarters. Mel followed wordlessly, gasping when surprise overthrew her as Edward pulled her into a hug, his arms curling around her back. She smiled in relief, placing her arms around his neck.

“Have I ever told you that I loved you?” he asked, chin on her head. She grinned. “Nope, but you already hinted at it when you bought me flowers and love sonnets.”

“I wonder if we can see that star I dedicated to you,” he said. “It was expensive, but worth it, don’t you think?” 

Mel simply rolled her eyes at his tackiness. “Idiot,” she mumbled.

“It won you over.”

“Shut up.” she mumbled, half-heartedly flinging one of the pillows at him. A pillow fight soon commenced, ending with the room left quite untidy with the bed wrinkled, several comfy chairs upside-down and an Edward pinning a Mel to the bed. Their eyes met, and...

“I win!” Edward shrieked, releasing Mel and toppling over to the other side of their bed, laughing loudly. Some castle staff passing by their quarters were probably going to glance at the other side of their door with raised eyebrows, but Edward didn’t care. He finally beat Mel in a pillow fight!

“After all that time, in those inns...” he cried, tears falling from his eyes at the victory. Mel groaned, placing an arm over her eyes. “Fine, you win,” she muttered, rolling over to face Edward. Her frown instantly turned into a wan smile when she saw the joy in his eyes. “The inn owners were definitely upset with the messes we made, though,” she added, giggling slightly. 

“Who cares?” asked the King, his eyes shut closed and his posture uneven on the bed. “They’ll just have to tolerate the fact that we love pillow fights too much!!”

Mel rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time that night, but smiled as Edward pulled her close. “You’re a king with no sense of responsibility,” she chided, giggling once more.

“Don’t know, don’t care.” he replied without hesitation, the last remnants of laughter leaving him as he hugged his wife. “I love you.”

“Idiot troublemaker,” she grumbled in reply. “But hey...” she said, smiling wider. “You’re not that bad, so I love you too.”

--

because there is a severe shortage of edward x mel around the forums now and i'm a writer of trashy fluff xD xD xD please let me know what you think~!

!!! I'm screaming!!! I love Edward and Mel together and this is one of the few fics I've seen of them. The fluff made me grin so much, and I loved their reminiscing too. Why doesn't this have more comments, this is gold :D

It has five likes and hundreds of views, so obviously people like the trash ;) I for one love a good fluff fic; as much as I like long plotty stories I'll never fail to scream with joy whenever I see a sappy oneshot lolol

Actually as it comes to not crack shipping, I love MelxEdward and this fanfic was amaizing! I don't really like StellaxEdward but since they're canon there's nothing I can do XD I loved this fic!

Well our ships should be popular T_T They will be in the future, if we just believe hard enough!! *determined*

But I liked this one shot!! I only didn't comment here because I had already on fanfic.net and I didn't want to annoy you, but now I see that I have been mistaken and I will rectify my error immediately. This fic is adorable!! Fluff is wonderful!!!

Hmm, is Mel/Ed popular with the fans? I feel like people like it, but there's so little fic XD @Mu11berry I think you guys have made your ships more popular. Ascended rarepairs ftw ^^

@Rodania ♡ Thank you so much *sobs* And I'm still putting heaps of hope in Mel x Edward soooo... >:V 

@Mu11berry Nonono you don't have to do that! (also I realise that I've never read any of the reviews on FF.net hahahahaha fail) But thank you so much! You're like one of my idols in fanfic-writing TT

@moonpeace It's sorta like Rhen x Lars, super popular then but now dead xD

Rhen/Lars is the one AV ship that will never die! I ran a gift exchange last winter and like all the requests were for R/L lolol 

Mah!!!! I never reviewed here?!?!? Shaaaaaammmeee on meeee!!!

Annywaaay even though I'm not a super EdwardxMel fan {for obvious reasons...cough*crackshipper*cough} this is super cute and I can almost be converted...... sorta. lol anyway, I've come across several fics for them where they make Mel out to be the damsel in distress in the relationship which is why she ended up with Edward and that is totally contrary to the relationship we see between them both friendship and the romantic side you see if that is the ending you choose. I love how you didn't take that path but instead showed that balance between them and that quiet but steady love, as well as the shared sadness and nostalgia from having to settle down into responsibility from the quest. The pillow fight was adorable and totally suited their characters, I loved the gentle teasing :D  So yes, totally adorable and you should make more for them because you are very right that there isn't a huge active following for them right now thus it needs more content to tempt people :P 

I'd like to know who was the person who summoned all these people here xD; I feel extremely self-centred at the moment...

@moonpeace ... Wanna do that again this year? XDXD

@Mu11berry I'm flattered as well with your comments T^T And well, in my opinion, people love getting reviews about their work, be it good or bad xD; Never use compliments and encouragement sparingly, I've been told before.

@Queen-of-Ice101 Nooooooooo wayyyy ^^;; No shame at all!! I feel so embarrassed right now;;;;;

Coughcough*Mel x Gyendal*coughcough 

... *Runs off to make more fluffy trash* 

Time to convert~

Haha I love the pillow fight and that part where Edward and Mel were talking about kids. It’s fun to see these characters further develop their relationship and start thinking about grown up stuff in fanfic... since they were only teenagers (sort of) in ave series. XD I adore these two!