Aveyond Studios Community
Ant

Forum changes coming!

They had the likes count on the old forum too, they just weren't visible unless you were in the member's profile page.

Ooh, question: are we going to be able to use signatures on the new forum? It just occurred to me that they're missing :P

I has another question lol :D  So below peoples usernames is the title for the users and I noticed that people have edited them to say fun stuff. Can we still do that? Or is that a feature from the original forums that won't be coming back?

I am loving the changes too :) The signatures were so cool so I hope they'll come back soon! The only thing that restricts me is the like limit since I love showing support to others by liking :D Everything else is great though!

12 hours ago, Queen-of-Ice101 said:

I has another question lol :D  So below peoples usernames is the title for the users and I noticed that people have edited them to say fun stuff. Can we still do that? Or is that a feature from the original forums that won't be coming back?

You can change what it says under the usernames by editing your profile. Well, that's where you go to do it. Try editing your profile and seeing if you get that option?

@Mopiece No, it doesn't seem to show up for me :(  I might not be looking in the right place or maybe something is missing so I took screenshots of what I see:

Spoiler

http://img01.deviantart.net/b299/i/2017/197/b/4/screen_shot_2017_07_16_at_2_27_45_pm_by_queen_of_ice101-dbgk46g.png

Spoiler

http://img13.deviantart.net/2377/i/2017/197/2/f/screen_shot_2017_07_16_at_2_28_12_pm_by_queen_of_ice101-dbgk450.png

These are from the edit profile option on my profile page, but the option to edit that title doesn't seem to come up. Below the edit the about me option there's nothing else to edit, the only other option is to save the changes made.

I have a box for Member Title in the Basic Info section just above where you can enter your birthday. 

7 hours ago, moonpeace said:

It doesn't show up for me either, maybe that option only appears if one has a certain amount of posts or had a different title on the old forum?

I suspect you're right, and that it's tied to the number of posts (I didn't have a special title on the old forum).

I've also noticed some very suspicious usernames liking very old posts (I had a really old post of mine in Spam Haven liked some time ago). These users also generally have no posts. It'll be good to have some mechanism in case any of these are spammers or, especially, bots.

About the title, I used to have more than 500 posts and had changed my title, but somehow that number seems to have reduced (I think because some sections were deleted from the forum), so now I can't change it XD

Okay!! That makes sense with five hundred being the top, I know of other users from the original forums that used to be able to edit that but now can't, probably for the same reasons that you can't. Lol dang, five hundred is a long ways away for me. oh well!! 

Were the sections deleted by chance the guild forums? I know that with the guilds everyone had their own forums and such that vanished when the changeover went through. (Berry be the fountain of all forum knowledge :D )

Well, you're over halfway there (woah-oh, livin' on a prayer) :D 

Ignore me lol. And wait, the guild forums were on the most recent version? I don't remember seeing those since, like, 2014 or even before :o 

XD

Oops I should have rephrased, I meant on the original forum design when they had the guilds and everything I know there were guild forums and such that were reserved for guild members only and I'm assuming that those kinds of things would have vanished during the first forum changeover. The last version of the forums didn't have that stuff, it was already gone by this change.

*cough* the guilds would totally be awesome if they came back tho..*cough* :ph34r:;)

A very good day, everyone! :D

Now, I understand that Amanda and her team are extremely busy with HeroKit and all, so it's fine if this doesn't get fixed right away.

It has recently come to my attention that the maximum amount of file bytes has been fluctuating rapidly and as of the twentieth of July, it has come down to a rather mediocre amount of 0.07 mb, which is a very upsetting 70 kb total. It quickly became very difficult to post pictures for me, especially when I wish to post more than only one picture. If it is not troubling for the team at Aveyond Studios, I'd really like it if the amount could be increased, even if it's only a slight change. ^^

Are the other Amaranthians having issues with this, as well? :wacko: