Aveyond Studios Community
Amaranth

Attach Script Component

yWKjUPN.png

Description

Attaches a script to a game object that contains a hero object.

Fields

Attach the script as a component on a different object - If you want to use this action on another hero object, mark this box and select the hero object (hero object field A).

The script - Put the script you want to work with in this field (unity object field A). If the script has any public properties in it, a new field is added to the form called Update properties for this script component.

Enable the component - Do you want to enable this script? If yes, the script becomes active. Enter your choice in this field (bool field A).

Update properties for this script component - (Only visible if the script has public properties) Make this box if you would like to change any of the public properties in the script. Enter your values in the fields provided. Only properties that can be linked to values on a hero object or hero property are shown.

@Ant,

With Update Properties in Script Component, can you:-

- update more than one or all of the public properties in the script component??

- when updating each Property, can you update them with HeroObject variables, HeroProperty variables or Globals?

1 hour ago, Duffer123 said:

@Ant,

With Update Properties in Script Component, can you:-

- update more than one or all of the public properties in the script component??

- when updating each Property, can you update them with HeroObject variables, HeroProperty variables or Globals?

Yes, you can update all HeroKit-supported public properties at once (integers, floats, bools, strings, etc).

Yes, you can update properties in a script component with HeroObject variables, properties, globals.

One note: I think it would be a good idea to let the creator choose which properties to update (right now all must be updated). I'll add this to my list of things to do.

@Ant,

Excellent!

I can see that in the reverse you have a HeroAction to change a single script component field to a HeroObject variable, HeroProperty variable or global.  It would be great to have a HeroAction that could set the value of multiple component fields at the same time?