Aveyond Studios Community
Rodania

Aveyond Pairings (meme kinda?)

So through all the Aveyond games, I'm sure we all had a favourite pairing (or more XD)! So I decided to do this little meme thing with some questions for you about the characters you ship or don't ship. I'm excited to see how you guys like your pairings! :D

1. Favourite pairing? (From all games!)

2. Is your OTP canon or crack? (If crack, could it be canon? Where any hints in the games of this pairing?)

3. Why do you like this pairing?

4. Are you satisfied with the pairing's ending? (If it's crack, what would you like the ending to be like?)

5. If you could change something about it, what would it be? (Relationship based!)

6. Also, is there a pairing you can't stand? And if yes, why? 

7. Are there any other shippings you like?

I really want to read about your pairings and what's your opinion about them in the game :D:)

Ooh, I like this idea! It's so hard to choose just one tho, so I guess I'll do an underappreciated (imo) ship.

1. Boyle/Ingrid

2. Both XD

3. I like pairings with love/hate relationships. Plus, their banter was hilarious.

4. I found their ending to be kinda anticlimactic, I kinda wished we had gotten to see Boyle confess that he loved Ingrid all along...

5. I'd change their canon ending, see above ^

6. It's not that I can't stand them but I'm not really a fan of Ingrid/Phye just because they have zero chemistry imo. And I really wish Edward/Stella hadn't become canon since I thought they worked better as friends than romantic partners.

7. Yes, I love many other ships! Rhen/Lars, Te'ijal/Elini, Iya/Ean, just any combo of the entire triangle of Nicolas/Ava/Gavin, Edward/Mel, Mel/Yemite, Mel/Gyendal, and Myst/Robin is cute too even though they're more of a BrOTP for me ^^

@Rodania ♡, you should do the meme :P

@moonpeace Ah yeah Boyle/Ingrid, they're so great! I'm pretty sure they were the canon pairing of Av4 but who knows XD Ah I agree so much, I was expecting Boyle to confess too and maybe the game could have a more heartwarming ending then? (Maybe I think that because I love fluff lol) And of course I agree that Ingrid and Phye had zero chemistry. I mean they hardly ever talked (maybe never as we saw in the game XD) and I think an option for them to be together was kinda pointless? I like most of the pairings you mentioned and I agree that ExS was more of a friendship but I don't completely ignore them as a pairing. But yeah Robin and Myst are adorable XD and now I'm ranting so I'll stop (sorry for that, hehe)

Should I? Okay, I guess I will :D

Yeah, if Ingrid/Phye was gonna be a thing, they could at least work some dialogue in there with them, right? And yesss, more Robin and Myst! They were so cute! Also, am I the only one who thought there was gonna be a Boyle/Myst option for awhile? 

Yay! :D

Nah you're not alone XD I thought that Boyle/Myst would be an option at first too! I'm not sure how I feel about it though hahah. And yes they should have put some more work on Ingrid/Phye, without any dialogue it's very flat and pointless but anyway XD

I have to do this meme, okay T.T Also I agree with moonpeace, dooo itttt rodania!! 

1. My favorite pairing in this universe is Rhen and Dameon. I don't know how to adequately express this. I just adore them.

2. Caannnooonn!!!! I love crack pairings too but I'm glad RxD is canon because otherwise I would have nothing T.T

3. I like love this pairing because they sacrifice for each other, and they're just so gentle and trusting to each other and aaarrrrrgghh. Humans are so fragile, guys. I'm about to be sappy again but I study living things and we are just so easy to destroy, emotionally and physically, so I love relationships based on kindness and trust and building each other up and T.T Okay I'll try to stop now, sorry. I'm just in love with their love.

4. Yes I'm satisfied with the ending, but also, nooo I'm definitely not, because I could pretty much watch these two be happy together forever and I will never be satisfied. Aahh, the life of a shipper. 

5. If I could change something about their relationship in the game, I would add something where Rhen helps Dameon mourn his father and he helps her work through her feelings about who she is and what she's lost and... actually they both just have a lot of things to work through, and I think their struggles are similar enough that they could understand each other but different enough that they could teach each other. So I wish there was something about that in the game.

6. Well, I don't mean to offend anyone, but love/hate relationships are not my thing, and Rhen/Lars is especially blegh to me because he physically and emotionally abused her, and I think it's really great that he can change and I'm really proud of him, and it shows great strength of character for Rhen to be able to forgive him, but forgiving someone who abused you and dating someone who abused you are two very different things and I just can't get on board with the latter. (It's funny because you board a ship)

7. I like a million pairings XD Te'ijal/Galahad (of course, forever), Talia/Devin (they are totally canon after AV1 okay. They are immortal together. CANON), Jack/Alicia (JUST IMAGINE, THE PRINCESS AND THE THIEF), Iya/Ean, Rye/Emma (they are like rambunctious 10 year olds. I dunno, I guess it's nice that they can be silly together), Edward/Stella (the feather thing was cute, okay?), Mel/Gyendal (ALL THE CRACK), also Mel/Edward but it depends on the story for me, Ingrid/Boyle, Myst/Robin, Hi'beru by himself (SPOILERS sorta but the ending where he's trying to flirt with that warrior lady is gold), and there are probably more but this list is getting long :P 

Also, to contribute to this conversation,  Ingrid/Phye was weird but I feel like it was only included so the crazy shippers wouldn't have anything to complain about. But here we are anyway XD We're shippers, we complain about everything. Also, now that I'm thinking of it the ending with Phye and the bridge lady whose name escapes me was pretty funny.

@Mu11berry Of course, RxD XD And I understand way too much the 'not satisfied enough' thing, like so much. And yeah I would love more scenes with this pairing too, since it would have been more heartwarming and fluffy/comforting and awwww! I agree with the Rhen/Lars thing. The reason that I support it a tinyyyyy bit it's because FF... it just changes their image a bit? Idek... but of course RXD!! And yeahhhh I like all the pairings you mentioned! I'll rant about TxG in my turn don't worry lol But yeah I agree with the Phye ending XD

I like your analysis of RxD, Berry! I'm with you on #5, that would've been great to see. And I normally like love hate pairings, but I don't with Te'ijal/Galahad...mostly because I feel really sorry for Galahad, lol. And yeah, I like Rhen/Lars mostly because of the redemption and growth factor, plus he was there from the very beginning on her journey almost so it was their journey, yknow?

It makes me so happy when people call me Berry, I don't even know why XD Also yes, let's make a petition for #5.

I see what you're saying about Te'ijal/Galahad, there are some fics where Galahad is just really treated unfairly and I'm not really fond of those. They sort of make fun of his stubbornness and backwardness, and he is hardheaded, but he's trying to do what he thinks is right and I think there's some nobility in that, so why the hate? But in the games, to me at least, their relationship didn't come off as love hate because Te'ijal doesn't hate him, she just has a weird way of expressing love, so it's more of a cultural difference thing. And Galahad seemed to me more to hate the fact that she's a vampire, and not to hate her. It seemed more like a deep in denial type situation to me, and I think he'll get over his denial and learn to love happily (he has eternity after all, haha. And he did show her his love in AV3 when he rescued her, and in Sedona when they were both human.). But yeah, some of the fanfics out there definitely make it unfair to Galahad, so I should probably clarify that I like Te'ijal/Galahad as written by Rodania, Queen-of-Ice101, and EsmeAmelia. Probably others too but none I can remember off the top of my head. 

Annnnd sorry, I don't really know XD If it's any consolation, pretty much everyone else in this fandom sees it how you do, but I don't get it really. I think part of the disconnect maybe that I'm looking at the plot of AP - AV1 as a whole thing, rather than separate?  Like for me, I loved Talia in AP, so seeing her again in AV1 was really exciting (actually I was watching my mom play the first time, not playing myself so probably her opinions also influenced me), and the journey for me was more about finishing what Talia started, so it began long before Lars. Also, giving Talia a happy ending was important to me, so the whole "save Dameon" arc was bigger to me than it probably is for other people. And that arc was set up pretty early in the game (like the second cutscene maybe?) so I don't think it's too crazy of me to see it that way. (Actually my mom totally tried to attack Dameon when we first ran into him in the sun temple xD But he grew on us)

Lars also seemed more to go through his own journey to me. Like, of course Rhen was there, but when I go through the game it seems more like he is just seeing more of the world independently, like the poor people in Dirkon who the goddess saw fit to try and help, and the elite mage guild that was so afraid of the laws they had to hide out in the slums, and he slowly realizes for himself that he's been an idiot and decides to change his own dang self, cuz he's Lars Tenobor and he does what he wants, which is pretty inspiring for me. (Technically he could end up joining the elite mage guild in canon but I ignore that. Be good, Larsy!) His confidence and self-love is goals. Which is probably another reason the pairing isn't appealing to me; if he changes for Rhen instead of for himself it kind of takes away his stubborn independence, and that's pretty much what I like about him, sooo yeah.

But yeah, I can see how if you look at AV1 as more separate from AP and don't mind Lars being de-independenced you could see things differently, haha. For me there is still the whole past abuse thing I can't ignore but I know I take fiction more seriously than most people, probably too seriously, so no judgment, ship whatever makes you happy!

Also sorry this post is so long guys. I think too much XD And it's interesting for me to look at why we ship what we do (or don't) so I just kind of go on and on and-- yep, sorry. Next time I'll only do three paragraphs. Maybe. >.>

So I didn't reply to this earlier because I was trying to get on a computer so I could type a long response faster...but it looks like I locked myself out of my account somehow, so I'll stick to where I'm already logged in >.>

I've never read Te'ijal/Galahad fic outside of what Miranda and Cookies have written (I may have read one by Esme but that was a long time ago), so I can't comment on the part about fic. For me, I heavily prefer them in fanfiction, since their relationship is less onesided and 100% more adorable than it is in canon, imo :D But now that you point it out, they really aren't love-hate, even though they sometimes bicker like they are. Maybe that's why they don't do it for me. But yeah, I think by the middle of AV3 they definitely had their share of 'aww look, they really do love each other' moments. (I have to admit, human Te'ijal and Galahad were adorable). Most of the reason why I don't ship them is that Te'ijal basically forced him to become a vampire and enslaved his soul for eternity...like, couldn't you at least buy him dinner first? XD But I can still appreciate how far they both come in their relationship, especially in AV3 and beyond where it seems more on even ground. 

Dude, you played Aveyond with your mom? I played it with my dad! And yeah, Rhen/Dameon is definitely more narratively satisfying than Rhen/Lars when you take into account the whole Talia/chosen one arc. I love how much thought you put into your ships, especially RxD! Now that you point it out, I can see that there's a big redemption factor in both ships. I totally agree that part of Lars' appeal is that he's independent and becomes a better person for himself, but I personally don't think that his independence and love for Rhen are mutually exclusive. I'm probably misquoting this terribly, but one of my favorite directors Hayao Miyazaki said that the protagonists in his movies are inspiring because they may need a friend or a guide, but never a savior. And that's how I see the Lars and Rhen relationship - she inspires him to be a better person, but he still does so on his own terms. Aaaaaand I'm rambling again whoops >.>

Berry, don't even apologize because one time I literally wrote an entire multiparagraph essay on one of my OTPs >.> But yeah, I really really appreciate the amount of thought put into your "ramblings" and I appreciate having someone to ramble back at! 

Ohhhhh guys I love your rants!! XD So I decided to rant too (a lot, if you're not bored, don't read). So what I want to say is that obviously everyone sees pairings and characters differently because all of us have an opinion and a way of seeing them. When I first came to the forums I noticed that a lot of people were into Rhen/Lars and veryyyyy little into Rhen/Dameon. I think that depends on what kind of relationships you like? R/D is very emotional and gentle and pretty much very fluffy but RxL is something different and the characters really hide emotions rather than expose them freely like R/D (but again this is my opinion). I'm not saying that they don't have feelings for each other, but I'm not the one to clear that out lol.

When it comes to Te'ijal/Galahad I've read a lot of fics that portray them differently than others. Because again everyone has his own view of them. I have seen fluff, hate, love, somewhere between, and other more kinda twisted images of them. Tbh I love this pairing because there's no prove that Galahad completely hates her (after the events of Av3 and Av4 at least) and I think he's used to her and he has learnt to love her after 400 years of marriage I'm guessing (including Av4). Ingrid/Boyle started out with a curse but now we can see that they have feelings towards each other (I love these two XD). Also Galahad saved her from certain death and if he was that sick of her he could have staked her or shoved her in the sun years before even the events of Orbs of Magic. But he didn't, he didn't have the guts to do it. Why? Did he not want to hurt a woman, even if she was a vampire? Love? Or at least caring about her? Well, again, that depends of how everyone sees it. And I have repeated that sentence so many times XD anyway thanks for reading my pointless rant! Btw Berry, you explained them better than me, and it's not even your OTP XD

Ah, such lovely long posts to read~~ Moonpeace, hopefully you get unlocked out soon. o.o And Rodania I love when you rant, don't worry XD

I agree that in RxL fics the characters tend to hide their emotions, usually using anger which is bleh for me as you're probably tired of hearing, and also it isn't like the Lars I like because that Lars is way too confident to hide behind anything, so making him hide kind of ruins his character for me. Also, Rhen doesn't seem the type to enjoy that kind of stuff; she came from a small town where everyone was kind to her, and afterwards she was a slave so stuff like that would be really hurtful to her and bring up bad memories and would most likely not be interpreted as flirting in her mind. So I can see the appeal if you don't mind Lars' lack of confidence and if you interpret Rhen to be more like Mel maybe, but it's ick for me. I definitely agree that love and independence are not mutually exclusive though, and if I'd read a RxL fic that portrayed it more the way moonpeace described maybe I wouldn't mind it so much. There's still the whole abuse thing that ruins it for me (sorry to keep going back to that, it's just a big reason for me), but I do see how if Lars really did love her by the end of the quest it would be a pretty tragic story. For me, though, it doesn't seem like he does. I guess, since most of us played the games in elementary school or middle school, and at that age boys flirt by chasing you/kicking your knees/whatever comes into their strange little heads, lots of people interpret Lars' behavior as flirting. But I was a serious kid... and I hated boys XD So that didn't really do it for me. Also, Lars treats everyone that way, but the only other person people think he might like is Dameon so that seems inconsistent to me. So, I guess, I can see where others get the idea but for me it's not really convincing.

Here is a crazy thing to discuss though!! To me, there seemed to be a turning point in Lars's (Lars', Lars's... I don't even know XD) behavior after meeting Elini. Bear with me here! Elini is a noble, and clearly well-off and powerful, so Lars doesn't look down his nose at her (she's actually also a bit taller than him in the sprites. ... ... I lined them all up once, okay?). Elini is also on the search for men to make into her husband-- but she's not interested in Lars. She tells him he's "not her type" and he'll "make a good husband for some other woman," and this is just earth-shattering to him. He's like, "what? But I'm Lars Tenobor! Everyone wants to marry me cuz I'm just that awesome." But she still doesn't care to marry him, and it seems to me like he starts rethinking his attitude after that interaction. In the manor he actually says "what? I'm not good enough?!" after she tells him she still isn't trying to marry him, which is the closest we get to seeing him question his life choices. Also, Elini isn't unkind or dismissive towards the lower classes, or even towards pirates (:P), which I think also had an impact on Lars. Elini managed to humble Lars without belittling him, which I think is impressive and just wow, what a friend to have. Now, I'm not saying I ship them, because I always pictured Elini as older, but I love their friendship and I don't get why everyone reverses it and makes Elini want to marry Lars and him be disgusted. Not sure exactly where that idea came from, except maybe just skimming the dialogue? Or language barriers, perhaps? But anyway, I think it's a beautiful friendship the first way, and if Elini was younger, I actually would ship them until the world ended, okay. 

(Also, if you see any aus where their ages are closer/don't matter as much and they're together, that's totally my fault XD)

(And another also, maybe Elini actually isn't that much older because otherwise I'm not entirely certain why Lars is determined to convince her she should want to marry him. It just seems a little weird, even for Lars. No judgement though, Larsy, you do you.)

BUT WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT, what was that love potion thing about???? Really, Elini, I thought you were classier than that.

*Ahem* oops, I guess this is more than three paragraphs. But I have one more thing to say XD While I personally see it like rodania does, I can definitely understand what moonpeace means about the enslaving Galahad's soul for eternity thing, that bothered me at first too. Sure, for Te'ijal it can again be attributed to a cultural thing, but for Galahad that was a really hurtful thing to do (like, I am making an understatement here, can't find words strong enough, too early in the morning) and if Te'ijal loves him she should definitely try to understand that and fix it. And... she does in fanfiction, I'm happy to say. In Rodania's fics and in EsmeAmelia's, Te'ijal gives the soul pendant back to Galahad, and apologizes, and in EsmeAmelia's fics (SPOILERS) she even tries to give up human blood, not because he asks her too but she is following his example. It's really sweet and you should check out the fic. I think it was the oneshot collection for life in Sedona but Rodania probably remembers exactly which one it is so I'll let her answer if she wants to, haha. Not sure why they don't do something like this in canon, except maybe that it's harder to write a functional relationship, but I think they could pull it off and I would love it.

ALSO A LAST THING moonpeace it's so cool that we both played with our parents!! And I don't know if it's fair to say I put thought into my ships, the thoughts just happen and I can't stop them XD I have also written essays!! And I appreciate having your ramblings to read, too! I take fiction too seriously (as I've said) so I think it's important to consider all perspectives, so I appreciate your pointing things out. I've noticed people tend to live the stories they read, and I'm not saying it's a direct cause and effect relationship but I think it's important to pay attention to what kind of ideas we're putting into our heads and I'm enjoying looking at the different aspects with you :)

Ohhh what a great rambling team wwe've made over here XD Hopefully we don't look crazy to you Moonpeace! My turn to rant I guess..

ARGH yeah Berry has changed my pairing preferations *ahem* I love the idea of Lars/Elini. I'm sure the ones who ship Lars/Rhen will find this crazy but whatever lol. I agree that if Elini was a bit younger, I could ship her with Lars since their interactions were just hilarious and cute. But yes Berry, he's questioning his life choices haha. Also I love that they're both in this nobility thing it's adorableee! 

Also I never can get myself to guess Elini's age. I'm always hesitating XD She is obviously older than Lars and Rhen, so I could say she at least 20-25+ but at the same time I think she's 30-  also! Argh I cannot figure her out, really. As Berry had pointed out to me one day someone refers to the party as "group of young children so I don't even know anymore XD But yes she's probably young enough for Lars to convice her that he's good enough lol

BUT YES! What's up with the love potion? I thought Elini was classier too XD XD

I get it too why people think that Te'ijal was being kinda abusive to Galahad. I mean I understand that even if she thought it was romantic/amusing/or whatever it certainly wasn't the same to Galahad and since he was so stubborn in Av1 to believe that vampires/demons etc don't exist, it was a huge shock for him for sure. Plus I don't doubt that it was hurtful too. But seriously if they included in the game, her giving him back the pendant it would be so heartmelting awwww. But of course they didn't, I'm not satisfied with that haha life of a shipper as Berry says lol

But seriously in the later games their relationship was so powerful to me. Even if it was mostly hate by Galahad at first. He does care. I know he does XD And the cameo in Av4 was just awesome! It showed how Galahad has grown softer (at least a bit). But yeah EsmeAmelia's fic T.T I teared uppp

OH I played Aveyond with my dad and my brother, when I was 7 years old and I loved itttt! Also I love your rantings/ramblings too guys! I love writing essays about pairings too lol

Yay, 2 - now 3! - rants to wake up to!

Re T/G: I'll have to check those fics out, because I really like the idea of Te'ijal giving her husband his soul and his freedom. If it's written by Rodania I'm sure I'll like it, since I like the interpretation of T/G in her rant. I guess I don't like the way they're portrayed in canon as much because a healthy relationship between them is forgone in favor of the running joke of Te'ijal enslaving Galahad's soul and him trying to run away, which I wasn't really a fan of. But AV3.3, AV4, and fanon it seems like Te'ijal is more of a caring person toward Galahad. (And the other way around, too.) I'd like to think her journeys with Rhen, Mel, and the others contributed to her growth.

Edit: I typed a whole lot more than this but it won't let me post still >.> I think there's a glitch in the forums, bear with me while I try to get it up guys -_-

Ohhh no don't read it! Seriously it's lame. It takes place in Av1 and it has way too much fluff in it. Plus I wrote it like 2 years ago but I touched it up now that I know English better and posted it...I'm so embarassed lol But Berry won't let me delete it T.T XD but noooo I want to see your long rants Moonpeace! Hopefully the forums will let you post soon >>

Edit: Also doesn't Galahad get his soul back when he's turned into a vampire? According to Te'ijal a soul pendant can't hold your soul when you're dead. Oh well I'm confused. But yes I think so too that by giving him the soul pendant back it's a way of saying that you can have your freedom back.

Dude, I am so gonna read it now XD I love excessive fluff anyway, and don't you want me to see your version of T/G? :P Besides, your English is great! I never would've known you're not a native speaker.

And oh yeah, you're right XD But if I remember correctly, Te'ijal only turned him into a vampire to grant his wish of being freed? But obviously that wasn't what he wanted, lol. Makes you wonder about why Galahad didn't escape after 400 years of freedom... ;p

okay, it's still not working...maybe I'll just type it up in a doc and paste the link >.>

Okayyyy but I warned you XD also I'm not really into Av1 TxG fluff now.... it was just a lame idea a lame me had when she was little that Berry really liked for some reason. Haha anyway if you want a better view of what I think of them you better read the Av3 one fic about them (which is also bad but whatever)

Ah yeah try that! Maybe it works and we'll read more awesome rants

Oh yeah I can see that Lars and Rhen have a powerful relationship, maybe romantic or friendly, it depends on the person again haha. But yeah I can totally see Elini and Lars giving each other the nod of respect at the end of the quest. It would be very fitting! 

I've been stalking the forums all morning but was too lazy to log in again, but now here I am, hi guys XD We are hijacking these forums now. 

So Te'i/Gal, basically what happened is she enslaved his soul in the soul pendant, and then made a deal that she would set his soul free if he married her. So he agreed, and she set his soul free by turning him into a vampire, which obviously devastated him as he believed vampires were inherently evil. But yeah, there's still that 400 years of not escaping or staking Te'ijal to explain >.> And their relationship has a lot of potential to be beautiful, so fanfiction is great and maybe one day the games will actually do the thing instead of just teasing us with it, and then there will be much rejoicing. I agree that the save-the-world journeys could help Te'ijal be more sympathetic, too.

And I agree that Rhen and Lars love each other, I just don't see them thinking of each other romantically. To me they didn't seem closer to each other than, say, Te'ijal and Rhen, but I agree that they learned from each other and I enjoy their friendship. I didn't really see Rhen doing much to make him rethink his actions, for me that didn't really seem to happen until after Elini, and then Pirate John had some good dialogue with Lars, too. Rhen was more like just approving of the changes, it seemed to me. Also, yes, Rhen can definitely hold her own in a fight/conflict/any kind of opposition whatsoever, but to me it seems like she doesn't enjoy it. She doesn't want to go around fighting demons, for example, and arguing seems to drain her. Lars, on the other hand, seems to like arguing. His badgering Galahad almost seems like a sort of prank, you know? And his telling Dameon he smells, when clearly no one else has a problem with his scent, just seems to be looking for a fight to me. Also, he'll fry Te'ijal with magic? What? XD I guess basically what I'm trying to say is my interpretation of them leaves room for a great friendship but I can't see them seeing each other romantically without either altering their personalities and/or leaving one or both miserable, and I like their personalities and don't want either of them to be miserable sooo. Haha. Not much that can be done for me.

(Also all the "good idea Lars" annoyed me, not because of anything relevant to this conversation but just typically the idea Lars presented had already been presented earlier by someone else, and him saying it was just a way to remind the player "hey, this is what's happening," and I was like "SHUT UP LARS I KNOW ALREADY" because I am passionate like that and wanted to get it over with, haha XD Poor Lars. But yeah, I can see how it's a nice encouraging thing to say, and it shows Rhen's character strength.)

I like Ava and Nic's friendship. Not a fan of the pairing because it didn't seem really equal to me, Nic depended on her guidance and couldn't really contribute much to her. It has been a while since I played AV2, though, so don't take my opinions too seriously. And I can't comment on Gavin because... I never got him in the party. I know you can use that goodie to have both nic and gavin but I never downloaded it, so XD

Elini did strike me as having a different world view than Lars, not just because of coming from such a different culture but also she just reacted to people so differently. She's even nice to Mad Marge sometimes. They are definitely both pretty confident in themselves though so I see what you mean, but I think you would have to be pretty confident to be with either Lars or with Elini, otherwise you'd get trampled, haha. I think you referenced this in your love potion fic? Maybe not, maybe I'm crazy XD But yeah, in game it would be a bit much, but imaagine the au possibilities!

And actually while we are talking about Elini and Mad Marge, I really appreciated their uneasy alliance in that first conversation that can happen after you let Mad Marge in the party, where they agree that Pirate John needs to learn manners. I sort of wish there had been more on that, just two very different women figuring out how to be friends. Probably I am the only one who feels this way, since we all hate Mad Marge XD I just think there was some potential there for a great storyline.

I really enjoyed Stella and Mel's friendship for a similar reason. They aren't quite as different as Elini and Marge, and they definitely weren't as argumentative, but they are different and I appreciated that instead of squabbling over Edward they supported and helped each other and we got to see a beautiful friendship instead of a love triangle. (I really, really hate love triangles. A lot. Ahaha)

Now somehow I am on the subject of friendships in a pairings thread???? Sorry, not sure what happened o.o

"Clearly no one else had a problem with his scent" I don't know why, but this line made me laugh :P I had forgotten all of those Lars interactions. Conclusion: Lars needs to chill. It seems that being insulting/argumentative is his default method of interacting with people. That probably is a result of how mother is a very nasty lady, and as far as I remember Lars didn't have a father around. Hmmm, now I'm considering a new angle on Rhen and Lars - instead of friendship or romance, what if they had a found family dynamic? That would probably work better in an AU where Rhen became a slave when she was maybe 12 or so, but I can see it happening in canon too. Rhen is probably the first decent "family" Lars had, so I can see them being like brother-sister, brought together by circumstance and then living together in Shadwood after the quest is over. 

Maybe that's why they remind me of Nic and Ava, since they had a sort of familial relationship going on. I don't really ship them romantically, but when I replayed AV2 I started thinking about it as an alternate possibility. Ava can't be with Uthar since he had a kingdom to rule, but she CAN be with Nicolas since he has no interest in or responsibility to rule. And if you choose that ending, Nicolas does go with her on the high seas, so no matter how you interpret their relationship they do get that XD And the ending with Gavin is even better...I don't want to spoil it, but you can get both the Nicolas-Ava and the Gavin-Ava endings. And the interaction between Gavin and Nicolas is A+. I just...*clenches fist* love those three so much.

Re Elini: Yeah, I did include an interaction between Lars and her in my fic, I forgot what they even said tho XD But I think that a couple of years down the line when Lars is more mature, if Lars is still single and Elini has a husband vacancy, I can see that working out. (And in this hypothetical AU, of course Rhen would be like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and try to set them up together XD) And YEAH ELINI AND MARGE. I love their friendship, I think I put them in my fic too. Marge kinda reminds me of Lars in that she's belligerent towards everyone, but underneath that and the romantic competition, I think she really admires Elini and looks up to her. They're both brash and strong, but in very different ways, so I think they work well as  complements.

On the topic of friendships, what are your Aveyond BrOTPs? Also, ughhhh this thread is giving me so many fic ideaaaaas 

Guys this rant is awesome XD Where should I start from? Ahhhh yes of course Lars and Rhen totally seem like brother and sister. Especially before fighting Ahriman, Lars is very supportive of Rhen and that's just adorablee. Also Lars' teasing/insulting is just hilarious XD but yeah he needs to chill up a bit! And of course he always tries to begin a fight, he just has that...still funny though lol

I'm not even going to try to get involved in the Av2 rambling because I'm currently playing it so yeah...I just met Uthar and Nicolas. But I will finish it one day so I can rant haha

Btw I'm a noob and have no idea what BrOTPs are XD oh I have to do my failed meme too righ? Let me rant some more XD

1. I don't even have to answer that but anyway haha. TE'IJAL/GALAHAD <3

2. Canon :D Tbh, I'm really happy it's canon because if it wasn't I would give up trying to write or do anything with these two lol

3. EVERYTHING! I mean like that their relationship is different than any other couple in Aveyond. I mean they started out as completely opposites but they grew together all those years and learnt to be with one another. Their relationship is just so unique and... T.T (okay I stop)

4. Of course I'm not satisfied lol. Actually now that I'm thinking about it this pairing does not have a real "ending" but if I take in consideration Av4, I can say that I'm okay-ish with their scene :) Hopefully this is not the last Aveyond and I'll see more of them!

5. Probably make their relationship a bit fluffier (wow, what a suprise for the first time evah Rodania wants fluff)... I mean in all the four parts of Av3 the dialogues didn't change at all! I mean they changed a bit in TDP but only because there was this human conversation with Edward and Stella. When they became vampires they started arguing again XD

6. I hate with passion: Rhen/Agas (can't stand it lol), Te'ijal or Galahad/with anyone else than each other (these two just belong together okay?), Ingrid/Phye (not hate, just don't care XD) and Edward/Lydia (not a huge fan of Edward/Stella too but whatever canon...)

7. Ohhh yeah I like Mel/Edward, Mel/Gyendal (because Queen of course), Rhen/Dameon (Berry >>), Ean/Iya, Lars/Elini (again, Berry >>), Elini/John (that's nice too), Boyle/Ingrid and Robin/Myst!!......and Hi'beru/that fighter in the end (lol I died so cute XD)

My rant stops here...phew

@moonpeace At least half of what I say is meant to be somewhat humorous so I'm glad you laughed XD Lars' interaction with the others is hilarious, so

I can see Rhen and Lars having a sibling relationship, not really my favorite thing but I can see it, but I don't really like the idea of her going to Veldarah because of it. She has a family who loves her, and I can't see her being happy in a place where she had so many bad memories, especially when she could be with her family or doing her duty. (She is Devin's daughter, and was raised by Taylor, so I feel like these things would be important to her). I also never really saw Rona as unkind towards Lars, just to Rhen. She gets him clothes and an envoy to Shadwood, and apparently not even extremely talented students can just get an envoy for nothing (remember Rhen having to avoid all those chickens? XD), BUT since there isn't much interaction between Rona and Lars it could totally be a thing, and I could definitely appreciate a fic looking at Lars and Rona repairing that relationship, based on what Lars learned from his friends on the quest. 

I would probably not appreciate the Gavin and Nicolas interactions as much as you, moonpeace, but I am interested in seeing it, haha. Probably won't anytime soon though because school's about to start for me, but maybe next summer or something.

About Elini, I actually meant I thought you mentioned something about being in a relationship with her requiring somebody confident, but now that you mention it you did have Lars in there too, haha. YAS I am so glad you understand my sentiments about Elini and Marge XD I thought I was the only one.

You know, I think that a lot, it seems, and I am usually wrong so I should probably stop thinking it, haha.

I'm pretty sure BrOTPS are basically your favorite friendships, but, could be totally wrong. I love Devin and Jack and Frederick from AP. I just feel like, when Alicia and Talia ditched them to have some peace and quiet, their interactions would be hilarious and adorable. Devin would be like, "let's go fight some monsters," and Jack would be all, "we did that all day fool," and he'd want to go swindle people and pretend to be living in luxury or something, and Frederick would want to finish his knitting project or something cute like that annnnd obviously I have thought about this too much, sorry XD (Hadan could be in there too but I never get him because, money.)

I also love Rhen and Dameon's friendship. (Hey, you gotta be friends to last as lovers. There's a song about that, so it must be true. Anyway, a romance without a friendship just seems incomplete and less meaningful to me.) Rhen has the cutest, weirdest sense of humor, and I feel like Dameon probably didn't laugh or joke much before the quest so he would have a a super lame sense of humor and they would play off each other sooo adorably. T.T Also, all the things I already said for them. I just really really love them.

Okay I'm fine. In AV2 I love... all of their friendships, actually. Again, can't comment for Gavin yet, but the whole party just seemed to grow together to be almost like a family, more so than in the other games. Maybe Iya just has that influence? 

In AV3, already mentioned Mel and Stella. I also love Edward and Mel as friends. And I really want Gyendal and Te'ijal to repair their sibling relationship so maybe that counts for something? (Hey, it could happen in fanfic! And it would be adorable!!)

In AV4, I love Robin's friendships with everyone, especially Boyle. Just. So. Stinking. Cute! They really helped each other grow and stuff ♥ And they were hilarious

Rodania, I love your Te'ijal/Galahad rant! Bring on the fluff. OVERRUN THE WORLD.

Also, Hi'beru and that fighter XD XD That was pretty hilarious. 

Sorry for so heavily influencing your pairing choices XD XD I appreciate your support ♥♥

I understand your point there. I like the idea of them having a sibling relationship because even if they're not lovers, they've been through so much together too. So it's pretty normal to me for them to be friendlier to each other at the end of the quest. After Lars' change of character of course XD I totally agree that Rhen probably thinks ruling her kingdom or returning to her adoptive parents in Clearwater is the most important thing to do after defeating Ahriman. Going back to Shadwood Academy was a nice choice too, mainly for those who wanted a RhenxLars ending. But I think going back to Thais to rule is the most adorable and responsible choice for her to take. Ah yeah it would be really funny to see more interactions between Lars and Rona after his whole change during the quest! This could totally be an awesome fic as you said!

I haven't played AP yet but I love Devin's, Frederick's and Jack's friendship as you portrayed it! It's hilariousss, and I'm super excited to see these three in the game.

But yes I totally agree that a romantic relationship should be built on good friendship! (Well T/G didn't have a good friendship but oh well.. Actually you could count as a friendly relationship, the whole fighting together to save the world and caring for each other as a person and not as a "lover". Which they are but they're too stubborn to admit it dammit! *sigh* anyway that's why fanfiction exists lol) So after this external rant... Rhen and Dameon are adorable as friends, and when they first met awww. And of course they will tease each other about their humor argh! They're so cute!

Ah yeah I love Mel's friendship with Edward and Stella too, it's just heartmelting! But WHY Berry....WHY T.T Why did you have to remind me about the broken siblings again? I started crying argh... Like whyyy? *you better write at least a tiny bit of sibling fluff in our mess XD* Just kidding, but seriously why...just why. Sometimes family love can be more emotional than romance. Their broken relationship is just so complicated and Te'ijal saying "I don't wanna kill you brother" T.T It'll haunt forever

But yes Robin and Boyle are adorable XD Boyle's little pet lol But then they become first awww and Hi'beru/fighter lol hilarious and cute XD