Aveyond Studios Community
Rodania

Aveyond Pairings (meme kinda?)

@Mu11berry Off-topic from shipping, but in my opinion Rhen doesn't go back to Veldarah for Lars - she does it because she feels like it's her responsibility. Being a slave was obviously a traumatic experience for her, so now that she has the privilege and power to change the system that enabled her trauma, she would of course want to use it. I don't remember exactly, but I think Rhen said something to one of the other slave children along the lines of 'one day, I'll get us out of here'. Now she can make good on that promise. A big part of Rhen's narrative is her growth from a naive village girl to a formidable fighter who takes on the responsibilities life brings her. At first she wasn't thrilled about being the "chosen one", or about going on a quest, and about ruling Thais. If you choose the R/D ending, she'll obviously go back to Thais and fulfill her destiny of being queen (no hate on that ending, I think it's very beautiful and like it too! Queen Rhen ftw!), but if you choose the Veldarah/ambiguous R/L ending, she fulfills her duty in a different way. Personally, I prefer the latter option, because it shows Rhen's independence. That's one of her outstanding character traits, imo, and her choice to make the world a better place in a way that's influenced by her own experiences rather than her family lineage really resonates with me. I guess this can tie back to what you said earlier about R/L shippers interpreting Rhen to be more like Mel - to me, Rhen's aversion to royal life and being queen kinda reminded me of Mel. Of course, I ship Mel and Edward, so if Mel can come to terms with being queen then Rhen certainly can, x100.

Awww, I love your BrOTP headcanons. I agree that Boyle and Robin's interactions were awesome. Honorable mention for Boyle and Myst though - maybe you don't appreciate them as much because Boyle was kind of evil to her at first lol, but I think it's apparent that he enjoys her company and respects her to. I totally headcanon that Myst comes to visit him and Ingrid in Wyrmwood after the quest is over (and her and Ingrid get up to lots of mischievous antics, lol). And yeah, the AV2 party BrOTP! They all seemed genuinely friendly towards one another, even Jack and Nicolas. My only wish is that we had gotten to see more interaction between all of them (and for some reason I really really wanna see Iya and Ava's friendship play out??)

@Rodania ♡ BroTPs are non-romantic OTPs. It's a portmanteau of "bro" and "OTP" :P And I love your meme, I agree there should be more T/G fluff. And yay, I'm so happy you're playing AV2! I feel like a lot of people haven't played it, or only played it once. So underappreciated ;^; 

I'm totally with you on the Te'ijal and Gyendal thing. But since they're immortal, I'm sure they'll reconcile at some point. They have all of eternity, after all. Maybe they already have, AV4-era? Argh, I need to stop coming up with fic ideas >_>

Hey hey~ Am I too late? :lol:

1. Definitely Rhen x Lars. :) Lars' character development was quite strong throughout AV1, and although it was subtle, you can see that he became more matured and he started caring more for Rhen. Quote: "Careful, Rhen! That dragon looks dangerous." If Rhen wasn't head over heels for Dameon, I can definitely see her falling for Lars, albeit slowly.

2. It's not canon, nor is it crack, I suppose. xD

3. I could list so many reasons why, everyone would be so bored of listening to me babble halfway through the list. xD

4. nO! I WANT RHEN TO MARRY LARS AT THAIS!

5. Not really. Their dynamic is one of the reasons why I am absolutely obsessed with them.

6. Gyendal x Mel (sorry, Miranda!) and Edward x Stella. The former is a bit too cracky for my taste and the latter is just strange to my ears after all that interaction with Mel.

7. Edward x Mel, Elini x John, Yvette x June (in a sisterly way), Boyle x Ingrid, Boyle x Myst, Galahad x Te'ijal, I could go on for hours!

XD XD Nah, don't worry Cookies (or should I call you Honey?), it's never too late to do memes.

I thought your comments on MelxGyendal being too cracky were interesting, since Aveyond itself is so cracky. Militant squirrels, the bad guy in AV3 turning out to be Mel at one point, and suddenly Mordred Darkthrop is alive, Boyle going on a world-saving quest just to get his dog back... The list goes on. But I definitely see what you mean, if Queen hadn't written them so convincingly I wouldn't be into them, either, and since you already shipped Mel pretty strongly with someone else (*coughcoughwinkwink*) of course it wouldn't be convincing for you. 

I LOVE the idea of Yvette and June being sisterly!! I have never thought of this before and am now a bit disappointed in myself.

I have to agree with moonpeace on my opinion of Boyle and Myst. I actually do think they're pretty cute as friends, and I appreciate the idea that you can be friends with anyone if you stick at it for long enough. Buuut I don't really approve of how he keeps throwing her even after she tells him not too. Yay for friends, nooo for lovers, for me.

And about the Veldarah ending, I'm kind of with Cookies/Honey here, moonpeace. I can see what you mean about her showing her independence, and I definitely like that, but to me it is an incomplete sort of independence. For one, if she goes back to the Eastern Isle she belongs to the Empress again, which for someone from her background would still be a sort of slavery. I am a bit biased because I actually sort of hate the Empress. Like, even after discovering that the chosen one who's destined to save the world was a slave in her kingdom, she's still totally chill with slavery being a thing??? And then she agrees to let her bratty cousin be Rhen's companion, even after Rhen's protests and obvious distress at the idea?? Of course it all turned out okay in the end, but that doesn't excuse what the Empress did. I do really, really like the idea of Rhen abolishing slavery, it is fulfilling her duty in a way, but it's only one of her duties, and I feel like as a teacher she probably didn't have that much influence over the Empress. The ending says she "worked tirelessly to have slavery abolished," which to me sounds like there was a lot of resistance and it took a long time. 

But if Rhen is queen of Thais, she is the Empress's equal instead of her servant, which appeals to me a lot more. And I think as leader of what was the most powerful kingdom in the world less than 20 years earlier, she would have a lot more political clout and would be able to get slavery abolished much more effectively. Besides, she basically has the most terrifying military ever-- her people resisted demon attacks for 17 years, unaided by anyone else, so I think the Empress would find she had to listen to her. And Lars could be working "on the inside" to end slavery; I think he would have more influence as the empress's cousin. It also completes his arc more nicely for me, especially since there's no mention of him helping end slavery in the Veldarah ending. ALSO, imagine Pirate John and Elini smuggling escaped slaves back to their homes, or to Thais if they didn't have homes... and Te'ijal and Galahad harboring slaves in Ghed'ahre, or rescuing them from cruel owners. Aaahh I think Galahad would really enjoy being able to do that, and it could bring him and Te'ijal closer, annnnd now I have to write this. Or somebody does. Argh.

Clearly, I have thought about this too much XD XD But I started this long rant with the intention of mentioning that to be completely independent, I think you have to master yourself. (Can you tell I've watched too many kung fu movies?) And I think a big part of the reason Rhen didn't want to be queen in the first place was fear of the unknown, and doubts in her own abilities. We see that a bit in her conversation with Taylor in Clearwater, and for me it is also evident in her saying she wants to go to Clearwater and marry Danny even though when she talks to Danny in Ghed'ahre and Sedona, it seems obvious they don't have much to say to each other beyond "hi." So yes, I love her courage and independence and sense of duty and kindness, and I think it is because of these things that she would choose to go to Thais, despite her doubts. For me that's the only ending where she isn't running from something; it's the only ending where she can be completely and unashamedly herself, and really accomplish all the things she would want to do. 

YES SO MUCH on Iya and Ava's friendship!! I'd also like to see how Iya gets along with Emma. There definitely needs to be more fanfiction for AV2. Especially more complete fanfiction for AV2. Also, never stop coming up with fic ideas. Even if they aren't to my tastes, you're an amazing writer and lots of other people will love them and have probably been waiting for them for years. Plus if it's about Gyendal and Te'ijal reconciling yes yes yes so much. Wrriiite itttt

... ... ... And sorry for rambling for so long, again xD

@Honey Butter Chloe (almost didn't recognize you at first lol) I agree, never too late for memes! On the subject of Mel/Gyendal, have you or Berry seen daeva_agas' works for the pairing? I think she may have been the one to start that ball rolling, which is why I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the Shadows of Twisted Destiny fic and the revived love for the pairing. 

@Mu11berry I agree, the Empress isn't a benevolent ruler. She definitely comes across as a stuck-up royal who doesn't care about the more disadvantaged subjects in her kingdom. Hopefully Lars can change things from the inside as you put it, regardless of what Rhen does. I thought if you chose the Veldarah ending tho, that Rhen says something along the lines of "I wanted to go back to Veldarah and abolish slavery, maybe you could help me?" And I assume they use their positions of power in Shadwood Academy (we see how even bratty Lars treated the high sorcerer and sword singer with respect at the beginning) to influence the Empress. I like the idea of Queen Rhen using her position to help the slaves. Thais is so far geographically from Veldarah so not sure how military action would work, but I'm sure she could rally the other kingdoms in the Arishta Isles, who definitely seemed more fair than the Eastern Empire. 

And yeah, I also wanna see Iya and Emma! Or or or...Ava and Emma. I just need AV2 ladies interacting! 

Berry, write the fic! Maybe I'll write some of the ideas I brought up in this thread...Tei and Gyen, alternative intern of R/L, AV2 fanfic...yknow for all I talk about AV2 the only fic I've written about it is pure crack and not even completed, maybe I should change that XD

Oh, I've seen daeva_agas's MxG things!! They're pretty cute and creative. Though, some of it is a little... violent, I guess? For me. That's just the way I am though, haha.

Oh, yeah, there is a conversation sort of like that, but it happens before Rhen makes her choice, and Lars rolls his eyes after Rhen makes the suggestion. Which could be just Lars being Lars, but then in the ending the narration goes like this: "And so the story ends. Rhen and Lars taught at Shadwood Academy for several years. After a short time, they were raised to High Sword Singer and High Sorcerer. During this time Rhen worked tirelessly to have slavery abolished throughout the Eastern Empire. Many slaves returned to their homes. Some remained to start new lives. And a few realized their own magical gifts, and enrolled in Shadwood Academy to study sword singing or sorcery."

And then the two famous lines which I will leave out so as to not distress any R/L fans XD XD 

But yeah, it isn't stated directly but it's pretty well implied that Lars does not help Rhen abolish slavery in the Veldarah ending. It's ambiguous enough that you could pretend otherwise for a fic, but it doesn't seem like it's meant to be in canon. 

I always think Thais is far from everywhere, but it's actually pretty close to the Eastern Isle. world map Pretty weird, huh? Freaks me out every time.

Allllll the AV2 interactions!!!!!

I'll write the fic... uh... one day... when I finally finish all these other ones T.T 

Or when I am randomly inspired and have to write immediately, either way XD XD And I haven't even written one AV2 fanfic, so you got me there.

Clearly, we have been slacking, moonpeace. We will have to do better. XD

Good point about the ending, I love how you basically have it memorized :P I guess why there's always headcanons/fic. I'm curious, as an avid R/D shipper, what are your thoughts on the Evil!Rhen ending?

Trueeee. I gotta write a fic soon. I've just been weirdly apathetic when it comes to writing this month, like I can't even update the chapters I've already written. Oh well, it'll pass. And when the Aveyond winter exchange rolls around hopefully there will be lots of new fic >.>

Oh, I don't have it memorized, I took notes on all the AV1 dialogue a while ago for fanfic purposes, and I figured while I was at it I better write down everything. Though, I am still finding some gaps >,< 

"An avid R/D shipper," oh boy! You have not discovered the depths of my insanity yet XD 

And what a question!!! I am about to rant again, I'm warning you right now! That ending tears me to pieces. I think one of the things Rhen has really been wanting for the whole game was a choice, you know? Even right before the battle, she is lamenting that she doesn't have a choice. And the whole time, Dameon would have known that he had a choice to offer her, and of course to him it is a good choice; it is what he chose for himself, after all. I think he loves her and needs her by that point, and giving her the choice would have been exciting and nerve-wracking for him, he would be hoping so much that she would come with him, so they could be happy and find peace together. 

And having that choice offered to her must have been so earth-shattering for Rhen, like everything was falling out from under her feet, and she never felt like she had much sturdy ground to stand on anyway. She's been doubtful of her abilities to destroy Ahriman the whole time, and then to have someone she trusts trust Ahriman, especially when she really hasn't been given that much information on Ahriman besides that he's "evil" and destroyed her "home" which she can't even remember.... I imagine it very much seemed to her that Dameon was offering her the last chance she would have at stability.

AND THEN FOR HER TO ACTUALLY DO THE THING!! BUT IT WAS THE WRONG THING BECAUSE AHRIMAN ACTUALLY IS EVIL!! And it's so tragic because she had the ability to reveal the truth the whole time, if she had just believed enough in herself and in Dameon, and Ahriman plays on their fears and doubts and uses them and twists them into demons until they can't even feel anything even for each other and the live eternally in darkness without hope or peace and-- and-- TTTTTT.TTTTTT 

Does that answer your question? 

*Ahem* Sorry for being dramatic, I am good now XD

Oh, I am actually the same with writing this month!! It's like someone put my brain in a blender and then dumped the mush back inside my head. But actually, I've been writing some today, so yay!

And yay so much for the Aveyond winter exchange!!! I wanted to get in on it so badly last year but I was too shy to come back to the forums *hides*

But I'm here now and I AM PARTICIPATING!!!

@Mu11berry Chloe is fine. XDXD

On the subject of Mel x Gyendal, yes, I can definitely see it as just something for laughs (imagine Mel being made fun of by her party members about being Gyendal's girlfriend [okay that actually sounds kind of funny and weird at the same time], but if it were for realz, as in seriously, absolutely, strictly canon, I'm sorry, I cannot and will not ever believe that. Even with Mel's slight selfishness, I highly doubt that she will marry Gyendal if he desires world darkness. Fights would occur and even though Mel despises the idea of being Queen of Thais and all that shizzle, I truly think that she'll take the responsibility of ruling a kingdom rather than world darkness.

Besides, I think Edward's love for Mel throughout LOT to TLO was really warm and mature. Until the events of TDP when Mel became tainted and learned magic and all that, I think Edward's feeling were abruptly cut short. I disliked what happened in TDP, really, because it just seemed weird to have spygirl Mel learn magic. She didn't show any sign of it in the first few games, and she was 17 in LOT. Lydia clearly became a trainee mage before LOT, when she was 18, and June was already an apprentice mage at the age of 14. I also doubt that Mel would actually go through all those books and all to learn those spells. Uma and Nox were unnecessary in my eyes-- they're too strange. It was a great plot twist for them to appear, but I'd like it if they were switched for someone around the same age as June and with physical prowess.

Hahaha, I think if June can get past Yvette's weirdness, she can definitely be good friends with her.

In a way to me, Boyle and Myst are a little like Rhen and Lars. Except Boyle is slightly more stupid and evil and Myst is a good deal more mischievous. They could be a good match if they worked on it a little. But Boyle x Ingrid is definitely the best thing for me, I love their dynamic soooooo much.

If she wasn't chill with slavery being a thing, Rhen would've never discovered that she had sword singing skills and the story would just become nonexistent! There has to be a personality thing somewhere in order for it to work out. Besides, in TDP, there are still slaves around. -.- Yes, yes, you're probably going to say that they probably were legalised again by the empresses after Rhen passes, but I'm quite sure Rhen wouldn't make that happen, ever. Knowing her, she's probably going to do something like an anti-slavery class or something along the lines of that compulsory for the citizens of the Arishta Isles. And to abolish slavery, even if she became Queen of Thais, I am actually really sure that it would take a long time too, anyways. I mean, she can't just write a letter to the empress, demanding that slavery be abolished, especially if that same empress is as bratty as you make her seem. Even if she's now the empress' equal.

I'm sure that empress tries her best, anyhow. You can't expect everyone to be perfect. Even rulers.

And also, YES to a gift exchange~

Sorry I'm late, school's got me again.

1. Rhen and Galahad

2. Crack, definitely crack

3. It just seems like Rhen might find his stubbornness kind of cute.

4. Thais and Sedona are at each others throats because Sedona's king says Galahad being king of Thais is treason. (What? It's realistic.)

5. If you could change something about it, what would it be? (Relationship based!)

6. Marge and (insert name here)

7. Jack and Alicia, Talia and Fredrick:blink:, Talia and Haddan (also :blink:), Devin and Vel, Lars and Te'ijal, or Lars and Elini, Ean and Ava, Rye and Iya, Jack and Emma, Mel and Gyendal, Edward and Ymite (:blink: again), Hercules and Mel, Lydia and Ulf, Hercules and Belf, Stella and Ulf, Yvette and Ulf, Galahad and Ymite (were Galahad not married) Boyle and Rowen, Robin and Myst, Robin and Ingrid, Boyle and Myst, Myst and Hi'beru. (these being only the crack)

A meme....for ranting about pairings......and I has not been banned for fear of my crackshippery insanity?? 

PREPARE YOURSELVES :D  Also (COUGH*pleaseforgivemyedwardblastphemyChloe*COUGH)

1. Favourite Pairing (from all games)

MelxGyendal absolutely (lol sorry Chloe)

2. Is your OTP canon or crack? (If crack, could it be canon? Where any hints in the games of this pairing?)

Crack through and through. Could it be cannon? Actually, yes I think it could have. Look at the dark ending in Aveyond 1, Rhen was never an anti hero but rather a loyal girl who was willingly taking the quest of saving the world. From the very beginning Mel was an anti-hero, she was doing this to get herself out of rhe running for Darkthrop pawn. In the final game during the journal time skip in the beginning Mel admitted to finding that the more she used her magic the more addicted to it she became, the more addicted to power she was. I really think that particular aspect of her character would have definitely created a road to a dark ending and who better to rule by her side then Gyendal? He had a history with her separate from her running from him (the Spook situation) which laid the groundwork. Afterall, if you went with the Spook ending there was those attraction points~

Hints? I think that TLO was one massive hint plopped right there in front of us and waved around in our faces solely for the purpose of hilarity. 

3. Why do you like this pairing?

Because the cannon pairing options for her in my mind were totally not enough. (Reaaaally sorry Chloe, I promise to make this up XD XD) Mel is a powerful character both magic and personality wise. Being held back by a throne and noble expectations would end up destroying her over time, she needs the freedom to roam and move around like she had her whole life. She needs someone that can handle her sarcasm and lashing out that she does in the game, and I think that basically all of the other male characters are gentle enough that over time those barbs would start to but because they aren't equipped to handle that kind of behaviour. She needs a character who can keep up with her anger and her sudden ideas, someone that doesn't try to hold her back from growing, and someone who could not only take her sarcasm and barbs as she dished them but someone who could return it. Gyendal is also a personality that is independent and once they had settled into a relationship I picture him basically letting her live her life how she pleased as well as he could easily match her banter.

4. Are you satisfied with the pairing's ending? (If it's crack, what would you like the ending to be like?)

Lol no I am not satisfied and I would totally love a dark ending. The Mordred ending fell super flat for me, especially with Mel sidelined for the final battle and Gyendal locked away to complete the most anti clamatic villian ending ever •__• And basically it would be that Stella never got the chance to cleanse Mel from being tainted by the demon realm and although the staff gets destroyed (don't want the demon taking her over) she's still gone dark so she ends up creating her empire and getting together with Gyendal because I say so (mwahahaha) and yes, the end~ (dude, I should actually make that a game sometime)

5. If you could change something about it, what would it be? (Relationship based!)

Eh, I dunno. Maybe instead of having him chase her around the globe like a moron, he had pulled a ultamite baddy move and manipulated Mel's dreams to win her over through comvincing and offers of power as well as maybe investigating the chance of magic instead of just accepting that she doesn't have any since that's pretty stupid when you think about her family linage.

6. Also, is there a pairing you can't stand? And if yes, why? 

The actual can't stand like I hate them pairings are pretty limited: Te'ijalxGyendal and DameonxAhriman

The ones I just really don't like are: MelxEdward, MelxYemite, EanxEmma, RayexEan, LydiaxGyendal, NicholasxUther and probably more but I can't think of it off the top of my head Lol  

7. Are there any other shippings you like?

RhenxDameon, StellaxEdward, EanxIya, Te'ijalxGalahad, RhenxLars, LydiaxOrc (because the thought amuses me), ElinixLars. 

Wow, you guys write a lot in this topic! :o
I am already like 10 years after the time when I used to dedicate a lot of energy and time into forum posts so...

@Mu11berry I totally agree about Rhen/Dameon and Rhen/Lars! I wrote about it on the old forum too and it was always a minority opinion. I kind of understand it because there's never much relationship development in the story and then suddenly in the end they're together. But in the end Rhen said that she'd go to Thais if Dameon would go with her IIRC! There must have been something but I understand people don't find it believable because it wasn't really on screen. But I can believe there was affection, while for Lars, I can't believe it and I don't think Lars was still immature psychologically and  shouldn't get married yet.

I also adore Myst & Robin and Iya & Ean.

As for non canon pairings from different games... how about Yvette and Hi'beru? I can imagine they could like each other. Rowen and Hi'beru would be nice (if Rowen didn't have a family), they seem to have some connection and they have passion for travelling and getting to know the world.

I also wish there was more about Ingrid & Boyle in the end... It starts as a spell supposedly intended to punish him, but what are their real feelings? There are just some hints that they care about each other... kind of... 

Okay I love all these new meme posts XD XD

@Honey Butter Chloe Chloe it is XD

@Scrivener of the Gods I have to admit that some of your pairings scare me a bit XD But they're very creative!! I never would have thought of Devin and Vel but they did have a kind of interesting dynamic. 

@Queen-of-Ice101 Obviously I love your crack ship XD Probably I have said this before but it was your high school AU that convinced me. I liked seeing Mel and Gyendal in a setting where they didn't have a history of being hostile to each other and they could just play off each other's mischievousness. 

@Luz_Melian (I'm just going to tag everyone in this thread apparently) YAAAYYYYY I am so glad to meet someone who understands!! I agree with everything, and it is understandable that people can't see the relationship development between Rhen and Dameon, there were certainly very few moments to establish it. For me, the Sedona manor, the interactions after talking to Danny, and scene in the Sun Temple with Talia was enough to go on, but it would have been nice if Dameon talked more during side quests. Part of his character was being more quiet and calm though, so I guess I understand. Maybe there could have been some other kind of scene somewhere, maybe further exploring his feelings towards his parents or helping Rhen think about her parents or something, just to more firmly establish his character and remind the players that he's there. Rhen loves him though and that's enough for me, haha.

I can actually see Yvette and Hi'beru being together, I never would have thought of that :o

Oh, Ingrid and Boyle!!! There were some bits of dialogue that made it seem like Ingrid hadn't actually cursed him, just pretended to. Also throughout the Aveyond games witches seem to associate love with curses, so either way I am convinced of their mutual affection XD I wish their ending had been just a little more mushy. I mean, if I'm going to go through all the trouble to get attraction point, I should be rewarded with some fluff, right?

These rants are a lot more interesting compared to my science textbook xD *shuts book*

I just reread them all and now I feel extremely guilty because I may have written Galahad very badly in Crayons— so sorry, Berry! Also to Miranda, oh, it's fine, don't worry! Everyone has different opinions and this is the place to share them. Gyendal x Mel is definitely not my cup of tea as well and I am indeed very open about it, so you can do so as well!

I keep meaning to reply to this...

@Scrivener of the Gods Wow, you have the most crackships out of anyone here :o I can actually see some of those happening, namely Lars/Elini, Yvette/Ulf, Robin/Myst, and Myst/Boyle.

@Queen-of-Ice101 I totally agree on your analysis of Mel/Gyen, even as a Mel/Ed fan from the beginning I agree that they could be compatible. On the subject of a dark ending, I think I read a fanfic of that once (or maybe I wanted to write one but never did?). I think I even saw a fanmade alternate Mel/Gyen ending on YouTube, but it was for TLO, not TDP.

@Luz_Melian I totally agree on the Boyle/Ingrid part >.> And I've seen a couple people ships Rowen and Hi'Beru before, but to me they're Moreno of a BrOTP. The AV4 party all had such great interactions, I like how we got more intra-party dialogue. 

@moonpeace Well I did write and finish a short dark ending fanfic for them a couple of months ago, I have it posted on several sites and I think you mentioned reading it at one point. I can't remember now haha. OOOOH I like that idea, you feel compelled to write a fanfic for them:D  Oooh that one is awesome haha, it's a fanedit by D_A. You should check out a couple of her ones for AV1, they're hilarious XD

@Scrivener of the Gods Oh yeah. I can definitely see Lars and Mel. Their interactions would be a blast XD

@Queen-of-Ice101 I think I've read that fic? I guess I'll read it again :P And yeah, now that I think of it I actually did start plans for a TDP ending AU fic, they're totally all over the place though XD And yes, I've seen the one for the AV1 final battle and the Rhen/Agas one!

@Queen-of-Ice101 I made like...four different outlines - a Mel/Gyendal one, a Mel/Edward one, a Mel/Yemite one, and a Mel/Lars one. Then I just decided to make it solo Mel but I never even wrote it. Maybe I will, after I finish the Te'ijal/Galahad one I dreamt about (which has Gyendal in it btw, but it's not shippy).