Aveyond Studios Community
Rodania

Aveyond Pairings (meme kinda?)

@Queen-of-Ice101 Did I come up with it?? I remember I mentioned it in the topic I made for Aveyond ships in The Village a looong time ago, and maybe brought it up once or twice since then. I wasn't aware that Mel and Yemite were shipped enough to even BE a ship, but I'm glad to have made it "a thing", lol. And I will try to deliver the dream!fic then >:D

Guys I don't know if I should be impressed or afraid of your crackshipping skills XD the only crack I've supported until now it's MxG only because Queen has the ability to win over with her amazing fics. Ah and of course Lars and Elini, Berry has great powers too. Do NOT underestimate her. She's capable of crack too XD 

This crack madness it's taking over too fast ahahah. And we haven't even discussed crossover crackshipping yet { @Queen-of-Ice101 @Mu11berry DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT XD plus I'm planning to do a Starwars marathon soon so prepare yourselves!}

Also I am apologising to Berry for messing up her username. I was 100% sure it was Muberry11! Shame on me, let's hope I'll die soon by Queen's drama or Berry's fluff...

@Rodania ♡ Oh the ideas.....cross fandom shipping:D I wanna figure out something solely for the sake of figuring out a pairing thats cross fandom :D  YESSS the Starwars marathon, now you won't be able to watch it without seeing all the things we told you about XD XD XD

@moonpeace @Rodania ♡  That is because it is totally not crack anymore *straight face* It has been forcibly been made alternate cannon by obsessive fans.......

The holiday exchange will be amazing!!! And this time I will have tumblr so I can have reposting fun on there too :P

@Queen-of-Ice101 Same, people there can be very...aggressive and polarizing. Nothing like the fandom here :P From what I've seen though, the Aveyond fandom there is pretty nice. Since rhendarzon isn't active anymore, it'll be cool to have another Aveyond only blog. 

@moonpeace Yeah, that's what I noticed which makes it a tad difficult to just enjoy the fandoms:(  Haha I think the fandom here is honestly the mot friendly and open fandom in existence XD  I'll actually be starting several Aveyond only blogs, I'm running them with fellow partners in crime :D 

@moonpeace LOL So far, Rodania and Berry. Anyone else is welcome as well that has Tumblr and wants to join the fun :D So far the blog plans are: A RhenxDameon one, a Te'ijalxGalahad one, a Aveyond Headcannons one, a MelxGyendal one, and now that you've thrown the idea out there a general crackship one would be a blast to do!! Basically I'll add them as the urge hits me XD XD XD

@Queen-of-Ice101 Ohh, nice! I know there was an Aveyond headcanons blog that stopped being active like three years ago, so a reboot would be awesome. I dunno about running one, but do you mind if I submit stuff? Headcanons and crackships are something I'll never run out of, haha

I want in on this!

1. My favorite pairing is Mel/Stella/Lydia.  I love the idea of Mel and Lydia snipping at each other all the time, and Stella trying to mediate, and that all three of them would die for one another.

2. It's super crack.  Mel/Stella is justifiable based on canon, but without a redemption arc, every Lydia ship is crack, lol!

3. Aveyond 3 is the first Aveyond game (besides AP? which i haven't played) with a primary female protagonist and secondary female protagonists of similar ages.  Their interactions are central to the plot.  This is a small point, but it means everything to me.  They also complement one another REALLY well - Lydia has a breadth of knowledge and experience in civilized spaces while Mel knows the most about the common people and survival; Lydia and Mel each pull towards very different lifestyles; Lydia and Mel are each hot-tempered in their own way, while Stella is gentle - and no one will ever push around Mel & Lydia's butterfly wife without immensely regretting it afterwards.  They're a balanced party!

4. First of all, I would do anything for a Lydia redemption arc.  I've rewritten her in my head so many times.  My ideal ending for them looks something like... Edward marries one of them, who then marries the other two.  Edward's involvement in this relationship is as a platonic anchor to the throne.  Lydia is never Edward's wife; she becomes a major advisor to the throne.  The four of them rule together very effectively.  At some point Stella comes home with like eight orphans and everyone else says "Stella why" and she says "these are ours now"

5. Well, I've never seen a non-straight, non-monogamous ship in pretty much any game I've played, so that's a major change I've already made.  Otherwise... I think I would like it if Stella could yell her at her grumpy girlfriends every once in a while for being jerks all the time.  She's too nice and they probably deserve it.

6. I don't care for Mel/Gyendal.  I'm usually not a fan of protag/villain when other factors contribute to an unequal power dynamic between the two.  I also don't like Rhen/Dameon, mostly because there's not actually a whole lot of realistic interaction between the two which would indicate natural romantic feelings.  (My OTP is crack, so I have no room to speak here, lol.)

7. Te'ijal and Galahad!  My friend is the #1 Te'ijalahad fan, so it rubbed off on me.  Gavin/Nicolas.  Any combination of my OT3 girls.  Ava/the sea.

@Ishti Interesting opinions you have there.

I can totally imagine your ideas of Mel/Stella/Lydia happening, but for the one with Edward marrying one of them and the orphans thingy, I don't think I support that. I'm not a big fan of Lydia in general because in TDP, she tried to overthrow Edward one more time in the ending, so I feel as if she would probably not love Edward at all.

For the Mel/Gyendal and Rhen/Dameon thing... You have never read Miranda and Berry's works, then. They have powers, I swear! I used to be a major RxD disliker but now...

I still like Rhen x Lars, though. :P still the ultimate pairing in my books.

@Ishti Yay, someone else who likes poly ships! I'm not a fan of Lydia, but I can see a Mel/Stella/Edward marriage & ruling family dynamic going on. My Aveyond OT3 is Ava/Nicolas/Gavin. As for non-monogamous ships in the games themselves, Elini is polygamous :P

@Honey Butter Chloe I am definitely in agreement with you on all of that. Especially if the converting powers of fanfiction. Even if you don't end up shipping the pairing, it can make you consider a different perspective you never thought of. That's what Berry and Rodania did for me with T/G :P

@IshtiI guess I'm going to be the weirdo who would totally be down for a Lydia redemption arc. I kinda sorta hate her a bit, but I am the biggest sucker for redemption stories and I'm really interested in how that might happen for Lydia. Do you mind sharing?

... And obviously I am also the weirdo who thinks there's tons of interactions (or at least a reasonable amount, I do admit there could have been lots more) that indicate natural romantic feelings between Rhen and Dameon, but I've always been in the minority here so XD I will spare you all having to read my rantings... for now.

Also @everyone I swear it isn't me! I just see pretty things and I have to share them with the world whether or not anyone else cares, and I'm lucky because you are all nice and give my ramblings a chance. So thanks, haha

@Mu11berry  I have noooo idea when the Lydia redemption arc would start.  I have idea for alternate canon redemption arcs, where her character arc over the course of the entire series is different, and not as many ideas for post-canon redemption arcs, but I would do ANYTHING to see Lydia have some character development which doesn't roll back later in the story!

That said, it has nothing to do with ships, so I won't post the whole kit and caboodle on this thread, lol.  I'll PM you.

I love the idea of redeemed Lydia finding love and balance with Stella and Mel, who I believe have love in abundance!  It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

@Ishti A Lydia redemption story would actually be really interesting!! I'm not generally a fan of her character but I love redemption stories and the idea of seeing her character fleshed out a bit greatly appeals to me :D  Oooh just so you know, I think there are actually several fanfics written for Lydia/Mel buried somewhere deep inside the forums in case you would want to check them out:) Don't have links to them, but I know they exist haha.